Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone get an auto start-stop system deactivated warning?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 05:00 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Anyone get an auto start-stop system deactivated warning?

just as my car finally seems to work again...I have seen this warning 3 times, allways goes away when you restart the engine. The auto-start stop button doesnt react to any input, but returns to normal after restart? Anyone have this happen to them? Last time occured in Mcdonalds que and as allways without any warning. Battery reads 14.5volts etc. so all seems ok, but yellow warning pops up.

Old 10-10-2012, 06:11 PM
MIA997TTBeast is infamous around these partsMIA997TTBeast is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kip
just as my car finally seems to work again...I have seen this warning 3 times, allways goes away when you restart the engine. The auto-start stop button doesnt react to any input, but returns to normal after restart? Anyone have this happen to them? Last time occured in Mcdonalds que and as allways without any warning. Battery reads 14.5volts etc. so all seems ok, but yellow warning pops up.

Kip every time I have it on and it can not engage, you get the little yellow light comes up. I think this means that certain parameters (temp, batt voltage, seatbelt etc...) are not letting it do it. If it is what I think you are talking about it is normal.

Old 10-10-2012, 08:25 PM
phil612 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kip
This is normal, it simply means that the car can't turn the engine off because some system requires the additional power, typically it's the AC, can be battery charge state (voltage), headlights, etc. I live where temperatures are on average 100 F and see this indication regularly.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:16 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Thanks guys, but you are not getting what I mean. The yellow a comes and goes, but this is a separate yellow warning label with a BIG text as is stated in the topic. If you get the warning, you know what I mean, it shuts the system of PERMANENTLY.

The tech guy started telling me about when it doesnt engage and I was like are you kidding me, this is not the yellow a that comes sometimes instead of the green a. This is a system shutdown warning... I said to the tech, thank you, but I am not an idiot and after one year of ownership know what it means when the system doesnt engage sometimes, this is not that.

Here is a clarification:

http://www.porscheownersmanuals.com/...nction-Display

Last edited by kip; 10-11-2012 at 03:48 AM.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:40 AM
phil612 is infamous around these parts
Wow ok, it seems that nobody can help you.

Old 10-11-2012, 03:45 AM
kip
Old 10-11-2012, 08:35 AM
(ZO) is infamous around these parts
Hi

I have the same message, it appear on the display every time when i start the car. It said (The Stop Start Function is Deactiviated), and the Stop Start button light goes out.
It happened to me last week, when i stop at a traffic light. Since then, the message appear every time and never work again.
Haven't got time to go to the workshop.
Let me know if you have an answer.

Thanks

Last edited by (ZO); 10-11-2012 at 08:37 AM.
Old 11-12-2020, 06:40 PM
Registered PM
Nishimoto is infamous around these parts
Auto Start/ Stop deactivated: Any Updates?

Good evening:
Auto Start/ Stop deactivated: Any Updates?

Any
Originally Posted by (ZO)
Hi

I have the same message, it appear on the display every time when i start the car. It said (The Stop Start Function is Deactiviated), and the Stop Start button light goes out.
It happened to me last week, when i stop at a traffic light. Since then, the message appear every time and never work again.
Haven't got time to go to the workshop.
Let me know if you have an answer.

Thanks

Old 12-13-2020, 09:46 AM
DavidIn is infamous around these parts
I don't drive my 2011 4S very often and I don't have a trickle charger on it. When I occasionally drive the car, the same warning comes up. I used a battery charger and completely charged it. The warning is gone. I bet the battery has somewhat drained and the warning message came on because your battery is not fully charged. This makes sense because in the auto mode, each time the car would shut off with the auto-shutoff, it would require a great deal of power to restart the bar which would further drain the battery.

Good luck, David

Old 12-15-2020, 03:34 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
I noticed that if you have auto start/sotp engaged, and your plugs, coils are old (getting misfires, or anything related to old coils/plugs), ECU will flag the auto start/stop by deactivating it, and putting the warning on the cluster.
If you are getting start/stop deactivated, time to zoom out and focus on the fuel/electrical system, and the subsystem it is connected to - sport/sport+ modes, PASM, etc.
One error, will cause chain effect and will deactivate other sub systems, in efforts to protect the car.

In my case, I started getting coil errors (old), and auto start/stop was getting deactivated, sport/sport+ mode was blocked out too. When coil was replaced, all went away. Check to see when the last time was your plugs/coil was replaced.
Are you getting problems starting car sometime? Anything that could point to starter going? Things I would focus on. Good luck and update the thread so others can learn. Thank you.

O yeah. Remember, no one will have correct answer for you just by describing something happen. Only way to know is to scan the car with PIWIS2 or other capable porsche diagnostics tool.
That tool is INVALUABLE. I VERY STRONGLY RECOMMEND THAT ANYONE OWNING PANAMERA, HAVE SUCH TOOL IN THEIR TOOL BOX. VERY STRONGLY.
Without it, you are shooting in the dark. These cars are very complex, with many sub systems overlapping. One error can cause many errors, that on surface appear to be totally unrelated.
I know, more $ to spend. However that $ results in less $ & time, spent at repair time. Guaranteed.

Last edited by ciaka; 12-15-2020 at 03:38 PM.