Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lane change assist DOES interfere with Valentine 1

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 11-08-2012, 09:56 PM
mas8002mi is infamous around these parts
Lane change assist DOES interfere with Valentine 1

It keeps falsing the k band
Thinking of switching off the k-band! which i really do not like, but i guess i have no choice
Just an FYI

Old 11-09-2012, 07:03 AM
OmegaMan is infamous around these partsOmegaMan is infamous around these parts
Audi and BMW's constantly light up my V1's in both my vehicles. Between the lane change assist, the radar based cruise control, the pre collision systems, they are making it harder and harder to use a radar detector.

I personally have never had a problem with using my mirrors and actually looking for other vehicles. I do not like the LCA features, in my opinion, they will cause complacency.

Old 11-17-2012, 04:08 AM
howsol1 is infamous around these parts
Valentine1 solution to false alerts

I have a Panamera GTS and it was always setting off my radar detector (Valentine1). I disabled the POP function and this eliminated over 95% of my false readings. Blind Side Warning is still ON. Instructions on how to to do this are at http://www.valentine1.com/Lab/techreport3.asp
I'm under the impression that most radar guns used by police don't use just a POP function anymore.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:00 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mas8002mi
It keeps falsing the k band
Thinking of switching off the k-band! which i really do not like, but i guess i have no choice
Just an FYI
yeah or choice is that or turn off the lane assist
k band is really not very useful mostly garage doors etc.
no worries I have a K40 and have the rear K off.

Old 11-17-2012, 04:57 PM
tonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of light
I have 9500ci on mine and I turned the K off as well as X. Had to as I have both ACC and LCA.

Old 11-22-2012, 05:25 PM
ThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to allThunderRolls is a name known to all
Originally Posted by howsol1
I have a Panamera GTS and it was always setting off my radar detector (Valentine1). I disabled the POP function and this eliminated over 95% of my false readings. Blind Side Warning is still ON. Instructions on how to to do this are at http://www.valentine1.com/Lab/techreport3.asp
I'm under the impression that most radar guns used by police don't use just a POP function anymore.

This is what you do. It is a 2 min. fix, and no worries. There is a youtube video on it as well that I ran across when I had this problem.