Sponsored by:

14K on v6 2012 burning oil???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2012, 10:17 PM
smggsm is infamous around these parts
14K on v6 2012 burning oil???

hi all
not sure any any one experienced this, changed oil on 9900, @ 11000 the dealer added quarter ...now 14k and the level show 1/2 on the display..
i think i need 2 quarters now.. this same since i have the car 10 mile on it
keep tapping oil...

the dealer mentioned there is known problem with the S NOT THE V6
I WAS told this will stop when break in the car at 10k mile..

Old 11-13-2012, 12:12 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
The engine in the V6 Panamera is identical to the V8 in the S, it's just short 2 cylinders, so it stands to reason that the V6 would face the same challenges. The problem is that the rings aren't seating properly. If you were told that oil consumption would cease after break-in at 10k miles, that's incorrect. What you should have been told is that if it hasn't stopped by 10k miles, it usually won't stop at all and unfortunately your oil consumption is low enough that Porsche usually won't consider it a problem.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
The engine in the V6 Panamera is identical to the V8 in the S, it's just short 2 cylinders, so it stands to reason that the V6 would face the same challenges. The problem is that the rings aren't seating properly. If you were told that oil consumption would cease after break-in at 10k miles, that's incorrect. What you should have been told is that if it hasn't stopped by 10k miles, it usually won't stop at all and unfortunately your oil consumption is low enough that Porsche usually won't consider it a problem.

How can i prove they are not seated properly?
I had bmw x5 , 530, jaguar xf supercharged
None of them used that much oil...

Old 11-14-2012, 06:13 AM
zgdanska is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by smggsm
hi all
not sure any any one experienced this, changed oil on 9900, @ 11000 the dealer added quarter ...now 14k and the level show 1/2 on the display..
i think i need 2 quarters now.. this same since i have the car 10 mile on it
keep tapping oil...

the dealer mentioned there is known problem with the S NOT THE V6
I WAS told this will stop when break in the car at 10k mile..

Welcome to porsche "friendly club". They are first to take your $$$ but the last one to fix your problem. There are a lot of issues on this car consider to be "normal" by porsche. They should give us u bulletin with a list of all the bs we will get down the road so no one will be pissed about it. Just read the thread about noise from the dash.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:40 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
How can i prove they are not seated properly?
If there is, it wouldn't be easy. The only suggestion I would have is maybe try to find a way to measure blow-by and compare it to a car that doesn't have oil consumption. You might try to write or call Porsche and see what they say, sorry I couldn't be more help in this situation. Keep us updated on what you find out.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
If there is, it wouldn't be easy. The only suggestion I would have is maybe try to find a way to measure blow-by and compare it to a car that doesn't have oil consumption. You might try to write or call Porsche and see what they say, sorry I couldn't be more help in this situation. Keep us updated on what you find out.
does any one with v6 having same issues?