Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thanks for all of the info: GTS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 02:54 AM
Steve Poon is infamous around these parts
Thanks for all of the info: GTS

Thanks to everyone for all of their insights into the Panamera. I searched and read all of your opinions on the Panamera S, 4S, GTS, and Turbo.

The last decade has been fun: S2000, RS4, X6, and M3. Originally, I was going to make the next logical step 991 S. But, over the last 2 years, I became a golf nut and the idea of lugging my clubs in and out of the back or front seat was not appealing. My wife has a 5 series GT, but I hate swapping cars.

So it was either a M5 or M6 or a Panamera. After reading everything I Google and test driving everything, I figured it all out. I wanted basically a bigger and better E92 M3. The M5 was faster, more luxurious, with more tech, but was really bland in my eyes. It no longer has that "BAM" look associated with previous M cars. I blame all of these "M sport packages" available across the line. I wanted big fender flares like the Audi RS series or AMG series, which also getting watered down looks-wise. Everyone seems to be preoccupied with HP, torque, 0-60, and quarter miles, and the new M5 and M6 are very reflective of that.

As some of you know, the 2012 Turbos have great incentives right now so the price difference between the GTS and the Turbo is not that big. But I felt the Turbo had more power than I needed, and after driving the GTS, I really liked the high revving NA motor: I found my big M3.

The GTS drives like how a four door sports sedan should drive. I know everyone is crazy about weight, but I like all of my tech and leather and sound proofing so the weight is a necessary evil. Porsche worked around it with the GTS. Great motor sound solution. Great suspension solution. Great tranny and motor solutions. All the while keeping the beautiful finish in tact.

I really, really love this car. It is what everyone has written about it and more. Worth every penny more than the M5 in my humble opinion.

I will post better pictures in the future. Thanks and hope to share more info with all of you!

Old 12-01-2012, 08:07 AM
keith27 is infamous around these parts
Congrats and enjoy!

Old 12-01-2012, 12:09 PM
vigoureux is infamous around these parts
beautiful car! Enjoy

Old 12-01-2012, 12:11 PM
JMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud ofJMC8 has much to be proud of
wut a beauty!!! Wut color is it? doesnt look like carbon grey maybe cuz of the lighting?

Old 12-01-2012, 01:07 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Awesome!!!!! congrats!!!

Old 12-01-2012, 02:36 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Nice, enjoy!

Old 12-01-2012, 05:38 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
grats!

Old 12-02-2012, 04:19 AM
N91K is infamous around these parts
Very nice, congrats and enjoy!

Old 12-02-2012, 06:22 AM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
Looks like you got Agate Gray with GT Silver interior. Gorgeous car! Congratulations!

Old 12-02-2012, 08:14 PM
supercup is infamous around these parts
Congrats on your Panamera GTS - I have owned every M5 to date, used as my DD since 1988. The Panamera was the first Car I ever drove that I considered as a logical replacement of my E60 M5. Like you I go a Panamera and have never looked back. I drove the new M5 at length a few weeks back (swapped with my next door neighbor for 2 days) and even though I paid more I know I made the right choice. He Loves his M5, but said his next car will be a 4 door Porsche.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:49 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Congrats on the purchase !! Love the color I would get a Luggage Compartment Liner also to put your golf stuff on without damaging your carpet. Enjoy and can't wait to see some more pictures of this beauty.

Old 12-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Steve Poon is infamous around these parts
(Agate Grey with Black leather and Carbon Fiber interior) Another quick pic:

Old 12-04-2012, 08:13 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Agate Grey with Black leather and Carbon Fiber interior
+1 Great color choice !!

Old 12-04-2012, 09:08 AM
toughluck is infamous around these parts
Congratulations. I also came from an E92 (335 chipped).

Old 12-13-2012, 09:58 PM
mas8002mi is infamous around these parts
nice!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thanks for all of the info: GTS