Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trunk cargo liner/mat

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 07:41 PM
2thDoctor is infamous around these parts
Trunk cargo liner/mat

How many different options do we have for a mat for our trunks? I tend to get a lot of grass from my golf bag in there and want some thing I can take out and brush off. And where's the best/cheapest place to buy one?

Thanks.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:47 PM
tonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of light
I believe there's 2 options.

1. The reversible mat. One side is trimmed in velour in the interior color, the other side features a hard-wearing, non-slip rubber surface.

2. Cargo Liner. It is a made-to-measure liner in black plastic. Picture can be found here: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ml#post3707631

Old 12-04-2012, 10:39 PM
hummerchine is infamous around these parts
I have had the cargo liner for 1.5 years, and I love it! I'm an avid rock climber, can pile all my crap in there even if dirty or wet...don't lose anything either.

Having said that, it definitely impedes utility when laying the seats down or using the ski pass-through. I keep meaning to cut it shorter where it meets the seats...but it's so nice just the way it is!

Old 12-05-2012, 05:44 AM
Whenever I lay my clubs in the trunk the only way it fits is by putting one end in the wheel well and the other one in the other well. Would the liner impede me from being able to do that? And where did you buy yours hummerchine?

Old 12-05-2012, 10:07 AM
Hmmmmm. It probably would get in the way, but pretty sure you could fit the clubs over the top of the liner. It sounds like the same issue I have with the ski pass-through. It would be pretty easy to cut it shorter at the wheel wells, I still may do that at the ski pass through. Bought mine online at dealerfit.com

Old 12-11-2012, 05:58 AM
alpas is infamous around these parts
i went to dealerfit.com i couldn`t find one for a 2012 panamera.what was the cost
thanks
Al

Old 12-11-2012, 09:02 AM
It's listed under 2011 Panamera, should fit any Panamera ever made:

http://porsche.dealerfit.com/store/p...1438_34510.php

Old 12-13-2012, 09:24 PM
C-MAN67 is a jewel in the roughC-MAN67 is a jewel in the roughC-MAN67 is a jewel in the rough
Hey 2th doc. From one 2th doc to another. My clubs fit fine in mine with the liner from the dealer

Old 12-14-2012, 08:59 AM
HA! I'm a 2th doc too...

Old 12-14-2012, 09:13 AM
C-MAN67 is a jewel in the roughC-MAN67 is a jewel in the roughC-MAN67 is a jewel in the rough
Oral Surgeon here.

Old 12-14-2012, 08:00 PM
TGED is infamous around these parts
Another toothDr here

Old 12-18-2012, 05:34 PM
Awesome to see other colleagues here! So I came from a 2009 Infiniti G37S coupe with flashy wheels and exhaust. Thought it looked a little childish in the parking lot so decided to go a more "mature" route with the Panamera. Now my friends are asking me if it turns patients away bc there's a Porsche out front. I asked them if I would have bought the Cayenne would they have the same question....funny how much this car stands out.

Pts love it though bc a lot of them a car guys themselves and gives us something to talk about....just thought it was funny btwn the Pan and Cayenne.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:20 PM
I came from 2004 Maxima manual...so not too far off! I think most dentists are afraid to buy a hot car thinking it will turn off patients. My wife opposed my purchase for exactly that reason. I cry BS....it has made no difference at all, and the few patients who have mentioned it did so because they thought it was cool. One VERY successful patient raved to me about how awesome it was, and how he WANTED to go to an equally successful dentist.

I'll point out now that I'm 55, have practiced 30 years, and would not have bought this car if I could not pay cash for it...which I did.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:27 PM
Not quite at your level but one day...I just have great taste in cars. Haha

Old 12-18-2012, 06:39 PM
Mamba has a brilliant futureMamba has a brilliant futureMamba has a brilliant futureMamba has a brilliant futureMamba has a brilliant futureMamba has a brilliant futureMamba has a brilliant futureMamba has a brilliant futureMamba has a brilliant futureMamba has a brilliant futureMamba has a brilliant future
I'm not sure what WeatherTech is waiting on. I check their site monthly to see if they are making the cargo liner and have sent an e-mail to them to see if it was in the works, but I didn't get a response. I'm sure it would sell. Maybe just not enough Pano's out there. I guess I will have to go with the dealer option too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Trunk cargo liner/mat