Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Audi S7 or Panamera

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 08:20 PM
supercup is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by hummerchine
After reading these posts, I'd recommend looking very hard at both cars! Like Supercup said, I like buying a new car myself. It's such a thrill...and then it is yours and only yours for the decade you own it (in my case). As much as I love my Panamera, if it was between a used 4S and a new S7 I'm pretty sure I'd get the S7!

That bigger trunk is quite compelling too...
I agree with you on this - if it was 4S or S7 I would also get the S7. That is a great car for the money!!!

Old 12-10-2012, 09:15 PM
hummerchine is infamous around these parts
Dude! I just went on Audi's website and fully tricked out an S7 at about $95k...try that on Porsche's website with the Panamera and see how far above $200k you can get!

Of course, if money is no object go for the gold with a maxed Panamera Turbo S...

Otherwise, that S7 is looking pretty sweet!

Old 12-11-2012, 04:44 AM
inbyten is infamous around these parts
I hear ya. Price/value is definitely a consideration. The S7 I ordered has every option I wanted, and it came in just under 90 before a small discount.

Panamera prices obviously get nutty very quickly, which is why I was comparing the S7 to a used 4S. I think I can get a well equipped 2011 or 12 4S for S7 money. I don't mind buying used if I love the car.

The best deal price-wise would be to get a new CLS. The discounts on those are HUGE. Unfortunately I don't like how it handles.

Old 12-11-2012, 08:59 AM
Mercedes does a big fat nothin' for me...

Old 12-12-2012, 03:43 PM
zgdanska is infamous around these parts
Porsche is always a Porsche , audi is just another car on the street.
Hope this helps.

Old 12-13-2012, 04:11 AM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by supercup
I agree with you on this - if it was 4S or S7 I would also get the S7. That is a great car for the money!!!
The S7 is indeed impressive, but I could not see giving up my 4S in exchange...this is one phenominal car!

Old 12-13-2012, 05:07 AM
mphgsp is infamous around these parts
I would love a Panamera but with putting 35,000 miles a year I would go through too many tires. I would have to go with the S7.

Old 12-13-2012, 01:47 PM
I found an S7 to drive this week. The test drive wasn't extensive, but it put a huge smile on my face. The interior is gorgeous. The needle is moving in the direction of the S7.

Also drove a used 4S. It was just ok for me. It wasn't the color combo or options package I would choose, so maybe that's why I was less than thrilled. I'm going to try and take a used PTT out to compare.

Old 12-13-2012, 01:58 PM
Getting exactly what you want means a lot! I mean, a fully tricked out brand spanking new S7, or a used 4S that isn't really what you want? Unless you luck out and stumble on the perfect used 4S, I'd go S7 for sure! And that's coming from someone who freaking LOVES his 4S!

Old 12-13-2012, 09:51 PM
mas8002mi is infamous around these parts
how abt a 2010/2011 PTT?

Old 12-14-2012, 09:13 AM
Originally Posted by mas8002mi
how abt a 2010/2011 PTT?
'10/11 PTT is on my list. I'm going to test one today. I think a used Pan GTS would be ideal, but that used market still seems pretty strong. Lightly used GTS don't seem to have much of a discount.

Old 12-16-2012, 07:29 PM
baileybonds is infamous around these parts
I'm a huge Porsche guy, have owned 3 911's back to back, and was originally looking to get out of my 997.2 C4S into a Panny GTS. I even have one on order about to arrive to port. Ive been needing to get into a bigger car to accommodate a growing family and never liked the Panny until the GTS came along--I fell in love with the front end, lowered look and sweet unique exhaust note. But the GTS price point always bugged me for a souped up 4S.

Enter the new S7 and S8.

I just extensively test drove the S7 all weekend, and all I can tell you now is that the question is no longer GTS vs. Audi S, but S7 vs. S8. The GTS handles great and better than the Audi, but they are not night and day, as the Audi holds its own and is fun to drive. I ordered a GTS with PDCC w/PTV, but the S6/S7/S8 come standard with their own Sports Diff with Torque Vectoring, and is definitely no slouch ($5k savings for Audi right there). Yes some steering feel is lost, but its only because Servotronic is standard on all Audis and its an option on Porsches. Im not a fan of Servotronic, but I can live with it as many Porsche guys who buy cars off lots do.

The Audi S7 looks better than the Panny IMHO and is just as luxurious if not more, for way less $. And the Panny doesnt come close on the tech package the Audis have: Heads up display, night vision, google maps navigation, wifi hotspot -- all very cool on the Audi.

The question now is do I get the S8 over the S7. The S8 is more plain looking than the S7, but its unquestionably the fastest sedan Audi has ever produced with 0-60 times of 3.5 seconds. The new S8 is a beast and is as fast if not faster than a Panamera Turbo S. And all for well over $10K less than the Panny GTS.

I can't believe I'm writing this, but I am definitely jumping the fence to Audi..for now. I'll probably be back in some capacity later on as Porsche is something you just cant get out of your blood. But see you on the flip side for now.

Good luck with your choice

Old 12-16-2012, 08:25 PM
Since I love hatchbacks and big trunks, I'd go S7 for sure! But that's just me...

Old 12-17-2012, 12:59 AM
cephas is infamous around these parts
tech and space - S7
Drive(steering, suspension, handling) and look - Panamera
In california, anything more than 350 bhp is useless unless you go on track
I saw ticketing few times per day everywhere.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:23 AM
JenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of lightJenK is a glorious beacon of light
I am looking hard at the S6/S7 as my next car. I do love the Panamera, but after driving them back to back, the Audi is a winner for me! I just need to decide if I want the sedan or hatchback!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Audi S7 or Panamera