Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

black lug bolts on silver rims?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 12:51 PM
MPac00 is infamous around these parts
black lug bolts on silver rims?

My lug bolts have rust all over them and am considering a new set. I've seen some black lugs available and am toying with the idea of putting them on my Yachting Blue Panamera with 20" Spyder wheels. Anyone have thoughts on this? Would also adding black center caps detract from the overall look?

Old 12-21-2012, 02:10 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MPac00
My lug bolts have rust all over them and am considering a new set. I've seen some black lugs available and am toying with the idea of putting them on my Yachting Blue Panamera with 20" Spyder wheels. Anyone have thoughts on this? Would also adding black center caps detract from the overall look?
I painted mine black, I think the spyder wheel looks funny if you just paint parts of it.

I think its one or the other, not mixing...Here is a little idea how it might look like:

Last edited by kip; 12-21-2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:35 PM
MPac00 is infamous around these parts
Coincidentally, I'm looking at doing my Spyder rims just like those pics -- with the white pinstripe on the edge. Sounds like I'd get to use the black lugs then.

Kip, those yellow calipers look good. Dd they come from the factory like that or did you paint them? Yachting blue is such an odd-duck color. My S came with the silver calipers, so they don't stand out at all. Looking at a bright blue color.

wnshie, I don't have enough posts to pm, but I'll keep you in mind when I pull the trigger.

Old 12-22-2012, 12:30 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by MPac00

Kip, those yellow calipers look good. Dd they come from the factory like that or did you paint them? Y r.
I have original pccb. I think other colors will look good too, if you leave the polished lip. Id also buy center caps with silver logo, mine have the ellow logo, so yellow calipers look extra good.