Sponsored by:

I'm looking to replace my...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 08:46 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
trekguy is infamous around these parts
I'm looking to replace my...

Lexus LS460 with a Panamera 4, but I know I will miss its truly hushed, nearly silent cabin.
Do you guys think by ordering the dual pane glass and alcantara headliner will help make the Porsche approach the quietness levels of the LS? Also, I do like the look of the 20 inch Spyder wheels as well; all season tires rather than the performance ones?

Thanks

Old 01-21-2013, 10:08 PM
rzundel is infamous around these parts
Have you driven the Panny 4? The V6 engine is whisper quiet.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:51 AM
asfwp is infamous around these parts
The short answer is no.

I came from a Lexus also.

With the wider, more performance-oriented tires, less sound insulation in favor of weight reduction, the Panamera will not be as quiet as the LS460 or the S550 on most types of roads. Mine has 18" summer tires (I figured 18" should give the most compliant ride and least amount of road noise, which I preferred over the better looks of the larger wheels). The only time the car feels truly quiet going 80mph on the highway is on well-paved roads. The bumpy California pavement makes itself heard in the cabin, more so for the rear passengers because there is no trunk.

Having said that, the Panamera is quiet, and quiet enough. It's my daily driver, and I love it. The improvements in performance, handling, braking confidence far outweigh the little increase in road noise.

I did get the dual-pane glass, and they do help a lot, especially when you drive close to a concrete divider on the highway, or drive by a big truck. The dual pane glass also keeps the cabin cooler when parked out in the sun. The only downside is that radar detector can see only out of two little cutouts near the top middle portion of the windshield, and so doesn't work very well.

If you decide to go for it, you'll miss that floaty, quiet Lexus ride and the softer seats, but only for a week. And you'll never look back again.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:16 PM
hummerchine is infamous around these parts
Dude, if you really have to ask..then keep your Lexus.

But seriously...if you are in to cars and can afford it, switch immediately!

ANY of the Panamera models will blow your mind! Btw, I have the Thermal glass and love it for numerous reasons.

Get the Burmester. Serious. I'm a 55 year-old dentist in central WA...over 30 years in practice. I never would have even considered a car this expensive until I could truly afford it...as in pay cash for it!

Having said that, today I went to my wonderful office and did some year-end paperwork for a couple hours. Then got in my 4S, put in the Metallica Black Album in DVD/audio...

Shredded on the way to Leavenworth and back for some wicked-fast cross country skating (skiing).

Got home, took a nap, shredded some more in my home rock climbing gym.

Enough said...fantastic day, the car helped!

Old 01-24-2013, 08:06 AM
keith27 is infamous around these parts
Nomad, wanderer... call me what you will!!! Haha.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:45 AM
haris3344 is infamous around these parts
If you want sports car performance and luxury, go with Panamera.