Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Caring for Cream Leather Interior

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 05:01 PM
k2man is infamous around these parts
Caring for Cream Leather Interior

I am waiting for 2013 PGTS, its due at the beginning of March!!! Quick question...my interior is agate grey/cream 2 tone leather interior with burled walnut trim. I have been hearing that the cream leather requires constant care on order keep stains (e.g. from jeans) off the surface. My MB had a black interior so it was easy to maintain. I just love the 2 tone look and I felt the light color makes the interior seem larger.

Any suggestions on how to keep my future car clean? especially the cream leather...

Thanks.

Attached Images  
Old 02-04-2013, 05:39 PM
carsnob is infamous around these parts
Leatherique makes great 2 step leather cleaning and conditioning products. Good for old leather and maintaining new leather to remain soft and nice.
I'd be careful if you're wearing a black leather jacket and it rains.
Also if you get new blue jeans, they should be washed first before sitting on those nice seats.

Old 02-04-2013, 06:33 PM
Thanks for the advice. I will try the leatherique.

Old 02-05-2013, 10:53 AM
umwolverine is infamous around these partsumwolverine is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by carsnob
Leatherique makes great 2 step leather cleaning and conditioning products. Good for old leather and maintaining new leather to remain soft and nice.
I'd be careful if you're wearing a black leather jacket and it rains.
Also if you get new blue jeans, they should be washed first before sitting on those nice seats.
Good advice - I've used Leatherique for years and it's the best.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:30 PM
asfwp is infamous around these parts
I have cream color interior as part of the dual tone full leather package. It is beautiful but dust tends to show more readily. Every 6-12 months I get it detailed at the dealership. They do an excellent job. It's been 2 years and the leather is still like-new. The cream-colored carpet on the other hand shows a few stains that are hard to remove.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:35 AM
asfwp,

Good info on the light carpet. Quick question...Is the carpet you refer to the removable carpet or the carpet that lines the cabin? I assumed my carpet in the cabin and trunk would be grey...but now I am not sure.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:32 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Use a high quality leather cleaner. Lumiere All-Natural Leather Cleaner was tested and developed for leathers in high-end vehicles. This is because there are no harsh chemicals in the product since the leather in these cars are real hides and most of the time, the don't have the same wear-n-tear as leather in a Chevy Tahoe that is used by the whole family for soccer practice

With that said, Leatherqiue is a great first step in getting the hide ready. It's not 100% crucial, but a great start. You can however, clean the leather with Lumiere, then condition with Sonax Leather Foam and be in good shape. For periodic cleaning, use the Lumiere cleaner on a mf towel and wipe down driver seat and other seats that have high traffic. It's very effective on getting dye stains left from jeans. We have a client with the same interior on her Panamera Turbo S and after almost a year, interior still looks factory new...even better.

As for carpets, upholstery, and alcantara, use Autoglym Interior Shampoo. We've been using it for almost 20 years and haven't switched.

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...ior/Categories

Hope this helps

Old 02-07-2013, 10:26 AM
asfwp is infamous around these parts
k2man - i meant the carpet that lines the cabin. but you're right, the agate grey/cream combination comes with grey carpet which would be much easier to care for so you won't have to worry about that part. mine is beige/cream and i believe that's the only combination that comes with a light-colored carpet (cream for cabin, beige for trunk).

Old 02-07-2013, 05:29 PM
Great to hear those professional tips Moe Mistry! Thanks.
And yup the Auto Glym products from Britian are pretty good. I like their "spray on detailer" which gives a nice waxed look after washing.
...and off topic, has anyone any idea how to get a melted plastic bag coating off stainless steel exhaust pipes??

Old 02-07-2013, 05:53 PM
kw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud of
Listen to Moe, he is the GOD of detailing!

Old 02-10-2013, 07:19 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Great to hear those professional tips Moe Mistry! Thanks.
And yup the Auto Glym products from Britian are pretty good. I like their "spray on detailer" which gives a nice waxed look after washing.
...and off topic, has anyone any idea how to get a melted plastic bag coating off stainless steel exhaust pipes??
On tailpipes, use P21S Polishing Soap first. It's a very unique soap that contains polish. Should work like a charm. If that doesn't do it, use OOOO steel wool and soapy water. So, when doing your next wash, at the end, if you have any soapy water left behind, simply dip the wool in the water, then begin rubbing the tail pipes. It should clean them up very nicely. You can then polish the pipes using a product like Finish Restorer

http://www.glisteningperfectionstore...p-metal/Detail

Old 02-10-2013, 07:21 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by kw911TT
Listen to Moe, he is the GOD of detailing!
You're too kind. I'm only a student in the art of detailing

Old 02-10-2013, 08:41 PM
MoeMistry thanks!
We're all lucky to have you on board to respond!
I'd use your shop, but am about 3000 miles away!

Old 02-11-2013, 07:13 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry thanks!
We're all lucky to have you on board to respond!
I'd use your shop, but am about 3000 miles away!
You're welcome. Glad I could help.

Old 02-11-2013, 11:59 AM
Thanks everyone for the additional info. This is a very useful forum. Just got my VIN number yesterday from the dealer. Very excited....my first Porsche since driving a '72 914 in college.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Caring for Cream Leather Interior