Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 GT3 or M6 gran coupe ?? help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 01:27 AM
Brian 1215 is infamous around these parts
991 GT3 or M6 gran coupe ?? help

HI everyone, would like your honest opnion on which car do guys think is better. I'm going to place an order on either one of these cars real soon, probably in a couple of days. Coming from a panamera turbo, i do not need the extra seats or the practicality at all of the panamera which is one of the reasons why i am considering a GT3.

I'm rather leaning towards the GT3 as i have not exactly owned a race bred car for the road, would like to try and see how it feels + i luv how the rear wing looks and how,unlike the panamera, there is no turbo to eliminate the noise of the exhaust or engine.

M6 gran coupe, really like how it looks, especially with some 21's adv's on it eventually and akrapovic exhaust hehehe but i am coming from a 4 door sedan and looking to change to something rather different. But there's no denying the M6 g c is dropdeadgorgeous!

Old 04-02-2013, 04:12 AM
carbonpanamera is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Brian pranoto
HI everyone, would like your honest opnion on which car do guys think is better. I'm going to place an order on either one of these cars real soon, probably in a couple of days. Coming from a panamera turbo, i do not need the extra seats or the practicality at all of the panamera which is one of the reasons why i am considering a GT3.

I'm rather leaning towards the GT3 as i have not exactly owned a race bred car for the road, would like to try and see how it feels + i luv how the rear wing looks and how,unlike the panamera, there is no turbo to eliminate the noise of the exhaust or engine.

M6 gran coupe, really like how it looks, especially with some 21's adv's on it eventually and akrapovic exhaust hehehe but i am coming from a 4 door sedan and looking to change to something rather different. But there's no denying the M6 g c is dropdeadgorgeous!
In your case, I would say GT3 is the choice because you already have the panamera as a sedan. For my opinion, the best sedan cars are Panamera and BMW 6 Gran Coupe. The series 6 Gran Coupe will be the next car I want If I ever sell my Panamera.
Good luck on your next car...

Old 04-02-2013, 08:04 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Brian pranoto

WOW totally different cars! If you are a track guy or planning to do at least DE's go for the GT3 (my choice by far)
if a street guy get the BMW, will end up being more comfortable and user friendly for the street

my 2 cents you asked

Old 04-02-2013, 09:01 AM
Mojosan is infamous around these parts
I just test drove both the Gran Coupe and an M5 last week.

Was totally underwhelmed by the Gran Coupe. There is a reason they lease so cheaply and are all over eBay.

M5 was a beast, I really liked it but the styling is pretty much identical to a 535ix I had 8 years ago.

Old 04-02-2013, 12:12 PM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
I honestly dont get how you can have so different cars as option? A grand tourer and a crude track machine. I think you know what you want, so just go for it. I would understand if it would be 991 tt vs M6, sort of luxury gt vs luxury sportscar. IMO I think after PTT you will be disappointed with the M6GC, you would be going from a very sportscarlike supersedan to just a sedan, and the GT3 is sort of the opposite to a PTT, are you sure you arent overdoing it? Where I live, the second hand GT3s are always low mileage and very young as people dont know what they are getting into. Older GT3s with higher mileage are sought after, because they are truly used on the track as a second or third car in the family. My suggestion for you would be the middle path = 991TT. Hope this helps. I dont know how old you are, but Id say a GT3 is a young mans car, and definately not a DD. As said before, my opinnion, not the truth.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:38 PM
Zlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant futureZlaatan has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by kip
I honestly dont get how you can have so different cars as option? A grand tourer and a crude track machine. I think you know what you want, so just go for it. I would understand if it would be 991 tt vs M6, sort of luxury gt vs luxury sportscar. IMO I think after PTT you will be disappointed with the M6GC, you would be going from a very sportscarlike supersedan to just a sedan, and the GT3 is sort of the opposite to a PTT, are you sure you arent overdoing it? Where I live, the second hand GT3s are always low mileage and very young as people dont know what they are getting into. Older GT3s with higher mileage are sought after, because they are truly used on the track as a second or third car in the family. My suggestion for you would be the middle path = 991TT. Hope this helps. I dont know how old you are, but Id say a GT3 is a young mans car, and definately not a DD. As said before, my opinnion, not the truth.
I certainly do not think an M6GC will be disappointing compared to a PTT. It has more power, rwd and all that ///M trickery. The PTT is a great car no doubt, but it is in no way leagues above the M5/M6 in regards to driving pleasure.
Styling is very subjective, but imo the M6 GC is one of the best looking sedans made today, the Panamera ...well, isn't.

Last edited by Zlaatan; 04-04-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Old 04-03-2013, 08:55 PM
umwolverine is infamous around these partsumwolverine is infamous around these parts
I have to agree with Kip. You're asking whether you should buy a cigarette boat or a yacht. Test drive them, and take some friends with you for input. Then decide.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:50 AM
uhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant futureuhn2000 has a brilliant future
These 2 cars could actually be combined to make one heck of a stable . One thing is certain is that the M6GC will be here before the GT3.