Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any idea as to when 2014 GTS can be ordered?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 07:55 PM
pjjameso is infamous around these parts
Any idea as to when 2014 GTS can be ordered?

Dealer has deposit to hold allocation spot but still unable to order. Also any idea as to list discount percentage on fairly well optioned GTS?

Old 05-24-2013, 05:34 AM
TurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really nice
Ugh, most dealers don't discount cars on allocation and especially in the first few months of release. Have bought three cars in three years from my dealer and I only received 3 grand off my last car or 2.5%. good luck and enjoy. I drove the PGTS at Porsche track day and I have to say I can't wait to h ave some extra cash for a Panny GTS. Amazing car!

Old 05-25-2013, 09:39 PM
DMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the roughDMoore is a jewel in the rough
GTS ordering

You can order a GTS right now, IF your dealer has an allocation. My dealer had an allocation for one GTS - the last day to alter the order was yesterday. I thought about ordering one but decided to wait a bit longer.

Discounts depend entirely on your dealer and your relationship with that dealer. It could range from more than MSRP (if they think they can get away with it) to a substantial discount.

DMoore
'10 Panamera 4S
'13 Carrera S

Old 05-26-2013, 06:08 AM
cole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by TurboDogue
I drove the PGTS at Porsche track day and I have to say I can't wait to h ave some extra cash for a Panny GTS. Amazing car!
Wow...this coming from a guy with a GT3RS? that makes me feel good about my purchase...!

Old 05-27-2013, 01:55 PM
Placed the order today for a '14 PGTS. Dealer talked me out of the PDCC, Car Connect, and Multifuntion steering wheel. Said wouldnt notice the PDCC unless tracking, car connect wont unlock the doors nor start the car, and the regular steering wheel was thicker and having the paddles was nicer.

Has anyone driven a PGTS with and without the PDCC?

Thoughts?
[*]Packages P40 Bose® Audio Package
[*]Exterior Color Z4 Basalt Black Metallic
[*]Interior Color GK Leather Int. in Black/Alcantara® incl. GTS Package - Carmine Red
[*]Exterior 602 LED Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)
[*]633 ParkAssist (Front and Rear) with Surround View
[*]865 Thermal & Noise Insulated Glass
[*]Wheels 418 20" 911 Turbo II Wheels
[*]Wheel Accessories 234 All-Season Tires for 20" Alloy Wheels
[*]Interior 343 Seat Heating (Front and Rear)
[*]345 Steering Wheel Heating
[*]456 Adaptive Cruise Control w/ Porsche Active Safe (PAS)
[*]457 Lane Change Assist (LCA)
[*]458 Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
[*]630 Interior Lighting Package (Rear)
[*]P81 18-way Adaptive Sport Seats with Memory

Last edited by pjjameso; 05-27-2013 at 01:57 PM. Reason: Formatting
Old 05-27-2013, 02:15 PM
cvprez is infamous around these parts
having the paddles is nice but you eluded to the fact that you are not going to track it. I use the buttons on my multifunction wheel every day, and if you are going to daily your GTS I bet you would too.

Old 05-27-2013, 04:22 PM
umwolverine is infamous around these partsumwolverine is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by pjjameso
Placed the order today for a '14 PGTS. Dealer talked me out of the PDCC, Car Connect, and Multifuntion steering wheel. Said wouldnt notice the PDCC unless tracking, car connect wont unlock the doors nor start the car, and the regular steering wheel was thicker and having the paddles was nicer.

Has anyone driven a PGTS with and without the PDCC?

Thoughts?
[*]Packages P40 Bose® Audio Package
[*]Exterior Color Z4 Basalt Black Metallic
[*]Interior Color GK Leather Int. in Black/Alcantara® incl. GTS Package - Carmine Red
[*]Exterior 602 LED Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS Plus)
[*]633 ParkAssist (Front and Rear) with Surround View
[*]865 Thermal & Noise Insulated Glass
[*]Wheels 418 20" 911 Turbo II Wheels
[*]Wheel Accessories 234 All-Season Tires for 20" Alloy Wheels
[*]Interior 343 Seat Heating (Front and Rear)
[*]345 Steering Wheel Heating
[*]456 Adaptive Cruise Control w/ Porsche Active Safe (PAS)
[*]457 Lane Change Assist (LCA)
[*]458 Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
[*]630 Interior Lighting Package (Rear)
[*]P81 18-way Adaptive Sport Seats with Memory
Dealer is simply wrong about the PDCC. My wife noticed it in our first mile of absolutely normal driving and mentioned 'the car isn't leaning'. It's the ONLY absolute option to get on the GTS. Do a search on this thread and you'll hear similar comments.

Old 05-27-2013, 04:52 PM
cole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by umwolverine
Dealer is simply wrong about the PDCC. My wife noticed it in our first mile of absolutely normal driving and mentioned 'the car isn't leaning'. It's the ONLY absolute option to get on the GTS. Do a search on this thread and you'll hear similar comments.
+1000...Car is big and heavy. Unless you are a seriously casual driver (in which case, you would not be getting the GTS), you will likely regret not having the PDCC.

Old 05-27-2013, 07:53 PM
Cpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to beholdCpa4S is a splendid one to behold
pdcc will really hold it flat

Old 05-27-2013, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by umwolverine
Dealer is saying the GTS has a better suspension than other versions and thats why he is saying its not necessary. For those with the GTS are you still saying it is a must have option?

Old 05-28-2013, 04:48 AM
indeed.....I have a '13 GTS

As others have said, its a must have option if you really want to enjoy the performance of the car, even as a DD. The car is huge and heavy, but with the suspension and PDCC, it really handles amazingly...not one ounce of bodyroll...ever...period.

Anyway, good luck with your choice...

Old 05-28-2013, 01:04 PM
disden is infamous around these parts
If you are using as daily driver then you should really reconsider getting multi-function wheel. While I like the look of sport wheel and the paddle shifters on my 911, it would drive me nuts to have it on my gts. Gts is my DD, I never have to take my hands off the wheel while driving as the multi-function wheel is so easy to use.

Old 05-28-2013, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by disden
If you are using as daily driver then you should really reconsider getting multi-function wheel. While I like the look of sport wheel and the paddle shifters on my 911, it would drive me nuts to have it on my gts. Gts is my DD, I never have to take my hands off the wheel while driving as the multi-function wheel is so easy to use.
Wow...I finally disagree with my friend Disden...While he makes a great point, my car is also a DD, and I have the sport wheel, and just love it. Looks awesome...the paddles really rock on this car, and surprisingly, the black lever stalk controls 90% of the functions you need on a daily basis....so, I really guess you cannot go wrong either way.

Old 05-28-2013, 02:40 PM
disden is infamous around these parts
I love the sport wheel, don't get me wrong. If I drove just a few miles to work each day I certainly would choose that. On my 911 i love tge paddles and look. But for my 70 mile drive each day it's nice to scan my phone, answer/hang up the phone, change radio stations and volume -- all at my fingertips without leaving the wheel. Just personal preference. But Cole you are right, the stalks can do most of the same functions, I just find it awkward to navigate, not as intuitive as the multifunction wheel. So in summary both are awesome!

Old 05-28-2013, 06:16 PM
keith27 is infamous around these parts
If only the Panamera's sport steering wheel could be heated (like it is on the 991 Turbo)... Don't forget that's one thing the MF wheel does the Sport does not (if you need/care about that).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any idea as to when 2014 GTS can be ordered?