Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera Turbo reliability

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 11:08 PM
timelinex is infamous around these parts
Panamera Turbo reliability

I'm in the market for a 2010 or 2011 panamera turbo with about 10-25k miles. This means that after 1 or 2 years of ownership my warranty will run out.

How reliable are these cars? I know they haven't been out too long, but I would like to get an idea atleast.

Thanks!

Old 09-21-2013, 11:52 PM
kw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud of
Beside drinking a bit of engine oil (every 1500-1800 miles) and gas, it is perfect and fun so far!

Old 09-21-2013, 11:55 PM
Thats good to hear! Wheres the best place to look for these, the turbo's arent that common (relatively).

My requirements are:
2010-2011
<100k (but preferably 80's)
15-25k miles
white exterior, absolute must
black interior, absolute must
sports chrono plus package
sports exhaust

So far I've been looking at local dealer,ebay and craigslists.

Old 09-22-2013, 04:51 PM
tonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of lighttonyep is a glorious beacon of light
Mine has been reliable so far daily driven, just reached a year of ownership and clocked 18k miles. Drank 5 quartz of oil so far if I remember correctly.

Old 09-22-2013, 08:56 PM
dhh
dhh has a spectacular aura aboutdhh has a spectacular aura about
I just swapped my 2011 PTT for a 2014 PTT - Mine had 30k miles on it and was bullet proof. It did not spend one day in service beside scheduled maintenance.

If you would go for black/black they are asking 92k but I know they will take 85k.

Porsche of Farmington Hills, MI if you're interested.

Old 09-22-2013, 11:50 PM
blacksheep337 is infamous around these parts
is this your first porsche?

Old 09-23-2013, 06:14 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by timelinex
I'm in the market for a 2010 or 2011 panamera turbo with about 10-25k miles. This means that after 1 or 2 years of ownership my warranty will run out.

How reliable are these cars? I know they haven't been out too long, but I would like to get an idea atleast.

Thanks!
car is a tank and should last as long. as long as you start out with a car with no issues you should be fine

Porsche engines IIRC consider engine fully broken in and at peak performance at 20k

Old 09-23-2013, 06:15 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dhh
I just swapped my 2011 PTT for a 2014 PTT - Mine had 30k miles on it and was bullet proof. It did not spend one day in service beside scheduled maintenance.

If you would go for black/black they are asking 92k but I know they will take 85k.

Porsche of Farmington Hills, MI if you're interested.
this is what Porsche is all about, once you have one you get another because there is no subsitute!!

congrats on your new turbo!!

Old 09-23-2013, 08:59 AM
Thanks for all the replies guys!

This is my first porsche so I don't know what to expect reliability wise. My lexus was bulletproof and my corvette was... well lets just say atleast it was fast (replaced the transmission twice).

DHH, I'm definitely looking for white on black.

I found a 2010 that is exactly what I want but the seller wants around 105k (only 3 miles miles on it though...). It seems like the right price for it would be in the low 90's though. Low ,mileage or not, its a 2010.

Old 09-23-2013, 05:42 PM
kw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud ofkw911TT has much to be proud of
Thanks for all the replies guys!

This is my first porsche so I don't know what to expect reliability wise. My lexus was bulletproof and my corvette was... well lets just say atleast it was fast (replaced the transmission twice).

DHH, I'm definitely looking for white on black.

I found a 2010 that is exactly what I want but the seller wants around 105k (only 3 miles miles on it though...). It seems like the right price for it would be in the low 90's though. Low ,mileage or not, its a 2010.
Funny, my parent's Lexus RX is always in the shop. I think every manufacture have its quirks

Last edited by kw911TT; 09-23-2013 at 09:33 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 08:10 PM
dhh
dhh has a spectacular aura aboutdhh has a spectacular aura about
I think it would make sense to get something with at least a few months of warranty remaining then at least you can get anything big fixed on Porsche's dime if it is broken.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by dhh
I think it would make sense to get something with at least a few months of warranty remaining then at least you can get anything big fixed on Porsche's dime if it is broken.
Thats exactly what the one I'm looking at has. 3k miles and a couple months left of warranty... At the rate I drive, that will give me atleast 3k more miles or so of warranty.. And then theres a couple years of aftermarket warranty (even though its platinum coverage, I know its never as good as factory warranty).

EDIT: took out all the pricing information. Just gonna start a new thread on it.

Last edited by timelinex; 09-23-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:34 AM
Thats exactly what the one I'm looking at has. 3k miles and a couple months left of warranty... At the rate I drive, that will give me atleast 3k more miles or so of warranty.. And then theres a couple years of aftermarket warranty (even though its platinum coverage, I know its never as good as factory warranty).

EDIT: took out all the pricing information. Just gonna start a new thread on it.
honestly a car like that if something shocking was going to go wrong it would have happened within 3k miles

after that warranty or not the car is like brand new and would be shocking for anything major to fail

Porsche will CPO it to 100k or 6 years, that's what you get if you go with a dealer if things worry you that much

as I said on the other thread

good luck!!

Old 09-24-2013, 06:41 AM
cvprez is infamous around these parts
If they are trying to sell you a 2010 for $105K they are bending you over regardless of the mileage. First off a dealer doesn't really give much if any more money to someone on a low mileage trade - I just traded my 2010 PTT for a 2013 Turbo S and mine wasn't a low mileage car but it was a mint condition hard loaded example (Sticker was $160k) and I couldn't get anyone to give me more than low 80's for it on trade - so at best I would say they gave that person $85k on trade and now they are trying to sell it for $105k - nice markup on a used car. - this is one of the reasons I hate car dealers - I know they need to make money but they always have to make it twice - on the car you buy and the one you trade.

Old 09-24-2013, 07:04 AM
umwolverine is infamous around these partsumwolverine is infamous around these parts
I just spoke with a Porsche mechanic and evidently there is a problem with tube that runs close to the exhaust. If things get too hot, there is a fire. He's repaired three of them in Miami.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Panamera Turbo reliability