Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera Turbo S 2014 versus Audi RS7

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2013, 06:27 PM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Tom, when you're ready to sell that gorgeous carmine red beast let me know!

Old 11-23-2013, 04:05 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
I have owned only one Audi (though spent time behind the wheel of quite a few) and they all (even the V10 R8) left me with the same feeling which was "When does this thing become interesting". I find them bland and their looks wear off and look old pretty fast to me.

Old 11-23-2013, 06:24 AM
Botox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura about
Such a tough decision, as porsche dealer is very understanding of situation. Initial review of new rs7 owners are quite positive. Still a little pissy about my turbo recall management of my power kit option, as I spent a lot of money for that option and ended up with standard turbos. Porsche won't discount vehicle as a good gesture as it would admit wrongdoing. I am sticking with rs7 order and have late Dec build, will trade panny in. The 75K in price I will save can be applied to my 911 Turbo S upgrade in the future once the 991's are dialed in after a few years!

Old 11-27-2013, 03:08 AM
gurayTT is infamous around these parts
Turbo s is much better

Old 12-10-2013, 12:05 PM
tranRS7 is infamous around these parts
Panny Turbo S or RS7

My wife has the Panamera Turbo and I am the very pleased new owner of the 2014 RS&. I have driven both for the sometime now (RS7 for the last 5 weeks) and I can honestly say...Audi RS7 is the better choice. Overall ride and performance is just better...the power is extremely good in both car, but I prefer the quick response and never ending power (surge/feel) of the RS7 over the Panamera. The RS& also feels more agile. RS7 is more exclusive...you just wont see as many and it turns heads where ever I go compared to the Panamera Turbo. Ironically, my wife have started to prefer the RS7 as well.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:52 PM
BOOMER7 is infamous around these parts
My neighbor just sold his S7 because the ride was horrible. He had it modded so the power was similar to the RS7 and also he didn't like the fact the car had very little "curb appeal"
He just bought a panny turbo after a few rides in mine. He had never had any Porsche product previously.

Old 12-10-2013, 01:22 PM
Botox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura aboutBotox has a spectacular aura about
My wife has the Panamera Turbo and I am the very pleased new owner of the 2014 RS&. I have driven both for the sometime now (RS7 for the last 5 weeks) and I can honestly say...Audi RS7 is the better choice. Overall ride and performance is just better...the power is extremely good in both car, but I prefer the quick response and never ending power (surge/feel) of the RS7 over the Panamera. The RS& also feels more agile. RS7 is more exclusive...you just wont see as many and it turns heads where ever I go compared to the Panamera Turbo. Ironically, my wife have started to prefer the RS7 as well.

Thanks for the dual perspective, and I have kept my rs7 build slot for week 51. I love both cars, but I agree with your thoughts. The only mod I may do is wheels, as I am unsure about the 21 stockers. Do you like them and what tires came on the car?

Last edited by Botox; 12-10-2013 at 01:24 PM. Reason: quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:37 PM
cole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of lightcole328 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by tranRS7
Enjoy the car, and be safe. However, no way, no how, does this car have more "eyeball" appeal than a Panamera...the ONLY audi, to me, that looks amazing in person, is that R8.

Last edited by cole328; 12-11-2013 at 04:36 AM.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:12 PM
boswell1037 is infamous around these parts
+1 on that!

Old 12-12-2013, 02:01 PM
tranRS7 is infamous around these parts
To each his own and we all have our preferences! Fact is, I own both and appreciate both for different reasons. I just prefer the overall appeal/performance/exclusivity of the Audi RS7 more. Any one who thinks the RS7 is just a better S7 has NOT driven nor seen the S7 and RS7 side by side. It would be like comparing the Panny Turbo S to a the Panny S or GTS. Test drive both, can't go wrong either way, I rate RS7 as a very solid "A" and the Panny Turbo S as "A-"; so really comes down to personal preference. I have the 21" wheels (titanium finish) on my Daytona Grey car...simply lovely look and they feel great. Tires are just released ContiSportContact 5 P series, smooth ride (here in states with air susp and these new tires), performance seems good so far.

Old 12-12-2013, 03:29 PM
omg321123 is infamous around these parts
Panamera is a panamera. It's a sports car in disguise. Driven both to the limit and you will appreciate how good the panamera chassis is. Audi is just a grand cruiser. Porsche is famous for well tuned, solid chassis comparing to other brand, RS,M or AMG. They both got big power but not so good chassis when it's comparing to a porsche. But again, not everyone could tell the difference.

Old 12-14-2013, 01:32 AM
kip
kip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to beholdkip is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by tranRS7
The Panny is more like a sportscar, the RS7 is a fast sedan and if you care about the performance, then you buy a PTTS. Panny is also more luxurious, but the RS/ just might be more comfortable. I love the RS7 too!

PS. My experience is based on driving the rs6 and PTTS both for a long time.

Old 01-08-2014, 08:04 PM
dhh
dhh has a spectacular aura aboutdhh has a spectacular aura about
Old 01-08-2014, 08:46 PM
BOOMER7 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by dhh
PANNY TURBO 4 the win!

Old 01-08-2014, 09:02 PM
boswell1037 is infamous around these parts
All Panamera models win period!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Panamera Turbo S 2014 versus Audi RS7