Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tow hook license plate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 07:11 PM
Banned
doktorek has a spectacular aura aboutdoktorek has a spectacular aura aboutdoktorek has a spectacular aura about
I love this "James Bond" type of license bracket. Pretty sick stuff. They are in Signal Hill, CA. I would love to see that on the Panamera. Who wants to be the first one. Only $42. Kind of cheap.

http://shop.500madness.com/index.php...product_id=715

Old 08-07-2014, 09:30 AM
Banned
doktorek has a spectacular aura aboutdoktorek has a spectacular aura aboutdoktorek has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by erekcat
I bought one but i forgot to run the wires for it when i installed my radar, i dont think its going to work really anyway bc i keep my car in sport + suspension and it would scratch up the plate bc i would only have it up if i saw a cop, so its been sitting in the box for months now
You can probably install it inside of the black grille piece. And have it come out of there. Issues maybe sensors in the way.

Old 08-07-2014, 10:10 AM
2010Panny4S is infamous around these parts
I use USMillworks for my Panny and my wife's CaymanR

Old 08-18-2014, 04:23 PM
ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ace10
I have the Gominigo kit ready to install on the PSeH. Just waiting on the plates ...

Took about 10 minutes to install. Needed a curved needle nose to removed the tether on the hole cover. Used the non-offset bracket. Two styles were included. Went with lowest setting to avoid the park sensor.

Drove it back and forth in the driveway. No interference with the sensors.

Easy Peasy.

Old 08-18-2014, 06:14 PM
Banned

Took about 10 minutes to install. Needed a curved needle nose to removed the tether on the hole cover. Used the non-offset bracket. Two styles were included. Went with lowest setting to avoid the park sensor.

Drove it back and forth in the driveway. No interference with the sensors.

Easy Peasy.
There is a small problem with the bracket you have. If you ever hit someone or if someone backs into you by accident, those long bolts with nuts will im imprint themselves in the bumper.
Its interesting, I have never thought about that before. Whenever I will be looking for one - that is one thing to think about. ..hmmmm
Thanks for posting photos

Old 08-18-2014, 06:37 PM
ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !ace10 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by doktorek
There is a small problem with the bracket you have. If you ever hit someone or if someone backs into you by accident, those long bolts with nuts will im imprint themselves in the bumper.
Its interesting, I have never thought about that before. Whenever I will be looking for one - that is one thing to think about. ..hmmmm
Thanks for posting photos

We don't street park, nor do we use this car for anything other than commuting, home to office and back, but...

The solid metal holder for the plate backs to the bolt which screws into structure. If someone bumps the car hard enough to flex the plate in the manner you suggest, there will be more damage than just bolt dimples. On both cars.

If one was really concerned about that damage, then use a shorter bolt, reversed with an acorn nut on the front.

Old 08-18-2014, 06:52 PM
Banned
If one was really concerned about that damage, then use a shorter bolt, reversed with an acorn nut on the front.
Yes, that would be a good idea.
It can happen anytime. Even in the parking lot of your shopping mall when someone accidentally hits the wrong gear. You never know.