Sponsored by:

Adding 991?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 04:37 AM
Banned
panameraph is infamous around these parts
Adding 991?

My current dd is a p4s.. I have been really tempted to add or switch to 991 c4s... But the 2 rear seats are essential quite often.. Is it quite redundant to have both .. Once a while I read people say the p4s performance, fun factor and handling are quite similar to 911... So I don't know.. I know at the end it just comes down to money, but I don't really wanna get it and realize they are similar except the look. And I doubt I can know for sure even if I go test drive it.. So hope to hear from someone who has extensively driven both

Btw I have another 4 seater if I need ..But I prefer not, coz it's not porsche..

Old 07-01-2014, 04:56 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
I have owned 40 Porsche's (the 40th is my 2010 4S Panamera) and I know the whole marketing thing is a 911 with a real backset, but the Panamera is not a 911 despite what Porsche's marketing wizards might want you to believe. Granted my 39th Porsche has over 120K in modifications (it does not drive like any factory car) but I have driven a Panamera and a 991 back to back and if you cannot tell the difference you probably do not need to spend the money a Porsche costs. The real questions are, do you need a back seat, and can you afford your justify having two Porsche's. Good luck.

Old 07-01-2014, 05:23 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by MrPrice
I have owned 40 Porsche's (the 40th is my 2010 4S Panamera) and I know the whole marketing thing is a 911 with a real backset, but the Panamera is not a 911 despite what Porsche's marketing wizards might want you to believe. Granted my 39th Porsche has over 120K in modifications (it does not drive like any factory car) but I have driven a Panamera and a 991 back to back and if you cannot tell the difference you probably do not need to spend the money a Porsche costs. The real questions are, do you need a back seat, and can you afford your justify having two Porsche's. Good luck.
If u were me, would u consider replace p4s with used ff for more sportiness and still kind of a rear seat? P4s is great but feels lacking at times..

Old 07-01-2014, 06:16 AM
NewTurboMan is just really niceNewTurboMan is just really niceNewTurboMan is just really niceNewTurboMan is just really nice
Originally Posted by panameraph
If u were me, would u consider replace p4s with used ff for more sportiness and still kind of a rear seat? P4s is great but feels lacking at times..
FF as daily driver? I personally would not head that way if it were me.

Why not a PTT instead of 4S?

Old 07-01-2014, 08:09 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
I think you need to decide what you want a real sports car or a sedan that is sporty!

Old 07-02-2014, 04:26 AM
Banned
Originally Posted by MrPrice
I think you need to decide what you want a real sports car or a sedan that is sporty!

have you owned Ferrari?

since you have owned 40 porsches, it makes me think you might have owned Ferrari too... if not, I am really interested in the reason..

I want a used FF, but at the same I want something 'safer', user friendly and more reliable.. p4s is supposed to be perfect... but it triggers my desire to own a real sport car like 991.. maybe a pgts or ptt is the answer..

Old 07-02-2014, 07:10 AM
Yes I have owned Ferrari's Maserati's and a Lamborghini. A Ferrari takes you to a whole different place and I happen to have a great relationship with the local dealer as I have bought 11 cars from them and I would suggest you go to Ferrarichat (I am Carnut on that forum) and learn more. Buying the wrong used Ferrari can be very, very costly!

Old 07-02-2014, 08:30 AM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
Although I didn't have a 991, I did have a 997 in addition to my Panamera. I always ended up picking the keys up to my Panamera when I had my 997 because of the utility, a bit more comfortable for my passenger(s), and it has that everywhere driveability factor. I'm sure if I really wanted to, I could of taken the 997 almost everywhere I took my Panamera but that never developed....

So I ended up selling the 997...

Old 07-03-2014, 11:41 AM
carsnob is infamous around these parts
Go for both! One's a sports car and the other clearly a sedan that handles well.
I've had a 911 and an S Class. I sold the 911, for a Panamera 4S and now plan to sell the S 600 and keep the Panny instead. Then get a 991.
The Panamera is more enjoyable to drive vs the S class, but it's not a 911.