Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ready to tune my 2012 p turbo s, any suggetions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 01:04 AM
makoto is infamous around these parts
Ready to tune my 2012 p turbo s, any suggetions?

Ecu?tcu? Intake? Exhaust? Turbos? Thx

Old 09-11-2014, 05:15 AM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by makoto
There is a thread below , turbo build its cold check it

Old 09-11-2014, 05:35 AM
Pbread is infamous around these parts
Makoto - welcome and yes to all of the above...

My suggestions:
ECU - FVD or GIAC or Custom tune
Intake - AP ypipe or IPD plenum
Filter - bmc
Exhaust/DP - fabspeed 200 cell downpipes or FVD DPs
Exhaust/catback- fabspeed xpipe & meisterchaft, capristo, akropovic, fVD
Turbos upgrade - FVD or ARD
Diverter valves - AP
IC - custom
Wheels - adv1 or hre

Should be good for an extra 200+ hp -

Old 09-11-2014, 08:39 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Makoto,

Best bang-for-your-buck on these cars is an ECU tune.

An 80WHP gain for under $3,000

http://www.fabspeed.com/porsche-970-...msit-ecu-tune/

We also offer a full line of exhaust products.

Our down pipes, with 200 cell HJS tri-metalic race cats are great at eliminating turbo lag and improving throttle response - along with giving the car a real aggressive exhaust tone.

http://www.fabspeed.com/970-turbo-tu...ic-converters/

Let me know if you have any questions about upgrading your PTT, I would be happy to help!

Old 09-11-2014, 10:36 AM
benblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the rough
Go all out. right bread

Old 09-11-2014, 11:23 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by benblack
Go all out. right bread
That's the spirit!

Old 09-11-2014, 03:41 PM
Former Vendor
Emmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond reputeEmmanuele Design has a reputation beyond repute
I'd definitely recommend doing some more research into the available tunes for these cars, as well as read the various customer reviews. We always recommend GIAC software and are happy to offer 6speed member pricing, but I still encourage you to do some research. Feel free to PM me if I can answer any questions for you.

Old 09-11-2014, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by porschecayenne92
There is a thread below , turbo build its cold check it
saw it , ty ^_^

Old 09-11-2014, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by Pbread
Makoto - welcome and yes to all of the above... My suggestions: ECU - FVD or GIAC or Custom tune Intake - AP ypipe or IPD plenum Filter - bmc Exhaust/DP - fabspeed 200 cell downpipes or FVD DPs Exhaust/catback- fabspeed xpipe & meisterchaft, capristo, akropovic, fVD Turbos upgrade - FVD or ARD Diverter valves - AP IC - custom Wheels - adv1 or hre Should be good for an extra 200+ hp -
thank u for the detailed reply! btw will the 200 cell dp give a louder sound n better response of turbos ? I've already installed the cat back system from capristo, mid pipe is straight, no resonator, so far it's okay, quite louder sometimes, especially when I drive it underground parking or in my garage

Old 09-11-2014, 07:37 PM
Originally Posted by Sales@Fabspeed
Makoto, Best bang-for-your-buck on these cars is an ECU tune. An 80WHP gain for under $3,000 http://www.fabspeed.com/porsche-970-...msit-ecu-tune/ We also offer a full line of exhaust products. Our down pipes, with 200 cell HJS tri-metalic race cats are great at eliminating turbo lag and improving throttle response - along with giving the car a real aggressive exhaust tone. http://www.fabspeed.com/970-turbo-tu...ic-converters/ Let me know if you have any questions about upgrading your PTT, I would be happy to help!
Ty I'm considering about the dp

Old 09-11-2014, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by benblack
Go all out. right bread
I saw ur posts man, pretty cool mod, btw where can I find the ard turbo parts packages? So if we come with 2 new turbos we need to do a custom Ecu tune right? Mine is turbo S so everything u did will work on my car? Except the Ecu tune which should be different

Thx again for the information ^_^

Old 09-11-2014, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by Emmanuele Design
I'd definitely recommend doing some more research into the available tunes for these cars, as well as read the various customer reviews. We always recommend GIAC software and are happy to offer 6speed member pricing, but I still encourage you to do some research. Feel free to PM me if I can answer any questions for you.
thank you for your info, does GIAC has a software for turbo s? I didn't find it on their site, there's only The one for turbo , I assume they should use different software due to the different turbos and the power kit ?

Old 09-11-2014, 09:22 PM
thank u for the detailed reply! btw will the 200 cell dp give a louder sound n better response of turbos ? I've already installed the cat back system from capristo, mid pipe is straight, no resonator, so far it's okay, quite louder sometimes, especially when I drive it underground parking or in my garage
Awesome on the capristo!! That's a fabulous sounding exhaust. Yes the DPs will sound better and nice perf upgrade / better throttle resp and helps get rid of turbo lag...

Btw - The turbos on the turbo S and turbo are the same...

Last edited by Pbread; 09-21-2014 at 08:38 AM.
Old 09-12-2014, 01:53 AM
Originally Posted by Pbread
Awesome on the capristo!! That's a fabulous sounding exhaust. Yes the DPs will sounds better and nice perf upgrade / better throttle resp and helps get rid of turbo lag... Btw - The turbos on the turbo S and turbo are the same...
Yea so far I'm happy with this capristo cat back, thats the sound a V8 should be, i m going to do the DP next thx : )
The turbos I think the base parts are the same, same size, turbo s turbochargers were modified with titanium-aluminum turbine blades wheels something ...I saw it somewhere...a different Ecu tune and a modified turbocharger maybe that is wat Porsche called power kit ?

Old 09-12-2014, 03:00 AM
Yea so far I'm happy with this capristo cat back, thats the sound a V8 should be, i m going to do the DP next thx : ) The turbos I think the base parts are the same, same size, turbo s turbochargers were modified with titanium-aluminum turbine blades wheels something ...I saw it somewhere...a different Ecu tune and a modified turbocharger maybe that is wat Porsche called power kit ?
When the turbo S originally came out, Borg-Warner built the S model turbos with titanium-aluminum blades that were same size but supposed to spool 35% faster... Shortly after release however they were recalled and switched to the regular turbos and just a different ECU tune and I think a special intake manifold.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ready to tune my 2012 p turbo s, any suggetions?