Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P4S was hit today

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2014, 04:09 PM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
P4S was hit today

Rear-ended at a stop light on the way home from work by a 2007 Ford Ranger. The other driver plowed into me after I stopped when the light turned red. Cosmetically, the P4S has a big gouge in the bumper and some stuff marks on the rear panels; however, the car drives very rough and I'm hearing what sounds like a transmission whine. The front end of the Ranger is smashed. Both of us are insured by GEICO. My neck and back hurt like hell. I guess stuff happens.

Old 10-16-2014, 04:30 PM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
Sorry to hear that. I hope you get better quickly!

Old 10-16-2014, 06:21 PM
tengtengvn is infamous around these parts
I think you should go to the hospital asap. The car can be fixed but your health is more important.

Old 10-16-2014, 09:03 PM
nick.kapoor is infamous around these parts
So sorry to hear. Our best to you. Please keep us posted.

Old 10-16-2014, 09:34 PM
2010Panny4S is infamous around these parts
get the whole thing checked, don't take it back until its back to how it originally was.

good luck and hope for the best for your car.

Old 10-17-2014, 05:45 AM
Leslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the roughLeslierc is a jewel in the rough
Feeling loads better this morning. Kept ice packs on my neck and upper back most of the evening. However, becoming a bit concerned because the driver of the other vehicle (also GEICO insured) has not yet made a statement. I had the presence of mind to contact GEICO at the scene and provided details and pictures. Curiously, the other driver did not want to speak with GEICO then either.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:43 AM
nick.kapoor is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Leslierc
Feeling loads better this morning. Kept ice packs on my neck and upper back most of the evening. However, becoming a bit concerned because the driver of the other vehicle (also GEICO insured) has not yet made a statement. I had the presence of mind to contact GEICO at the scene and provided details and pictures. Curiously, the other driver did not want to speak with GEICO then either.
glad to hear. These things can be a pain in the neck literally and figuratively. Good thing is you contacted geico and has the pictures. Was the police called and were they there at the scene? If not you may want to let them know just in case there is something shady about the driver since he don't want to come forward.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:55 AM
CrockettHood is infamous around these parts
Glad to hear you're okay. I'd go to the doctor to be on the safe side.

Old 10-17-2014, 08:01 AM
EliahP is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by tengtengvn
I think you should go to the hospital asap. The car can be fixed but your health is more important.
I agree with the above.

Also you took the right measures of precaution by contacting GEICO and sending them pictures!

Get well soon!!

Old 10-20-2014, 08:18 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Sorry about the car, but glad to hear you weren't seriously injured. Good luck with the insurance company and feeling better.

Old 10-24-2014, 03:13 AM
Update

Thanks for all the good wishes! So, the other driver finally reported the accident and the claim has been shifted from mine to her GEICO policy. The adjuster came to my house on Tuesday and examined the damage...he could not have been nicer and more complimentary about my 4S. He examined the damage to the bumper and authorized a new one. I decided to use a company called Elite Autohaus for the repairs, which also happens to be GEICO approved and certified. They will further examine the car once the damaged bumper is off. The adjuster said he knew the shop and that they were very good. So, my appointment for the car is November 3rd, more than a full week away. While he was at my house, the adjuster telephoned the shop manager and authorized him to order the bumper and got him to move my appointment to an earlier date should the bumper arrive before the 3rd. I informed the adjuster that I will be pursuing a claim for Diminished Value as well and he said he would provide the necessary forms to the repair shop.

Old 10-24-2014, 06:04 AM
CrockettHood is infamous around these parts
Good to hear. Sounds like they are being fair which is how it should be. Make sure you go after that diminished value as much as possible.