Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2015, 09:31 PM
Dixon245 is infamous around these parts
Need some help

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum. I have a panamera GTS still under warranty and wanted to know if anyone has upgraded the ECU? Also, if stage 2 how many horses does it add? and does any have a reputable person in North NJ? TY

Old 08-19-2015, 04:50 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
Since the GTS has a NA engine ECU tuning generally does not do much. There was a thread on here about ECU tuning and a CAI a ways back for the V8, but I am not sure if anyone on here did it. ECU tuning works well on turbo cars since boost can be adjusted.

Old 08-19-2015, 11:22 AM
my_tom_a is infamous around these parts
I have an 11' 4S and had to replace my engine a few months back after the camshaft adjuster bolt broke off (I saw a number of folks experience this with their Cayennes). When the dealership replaced the engine, they also had to replace the ECU. I spoke with the master technician there to figure out why they had to replace the ECU and what tune do they put on the car. He mentioned that after they connect the ECU and two other computer modules up to their system, they enter the VIN into the system and it then checks the Porsche DB to figure out what model type and tune you will get. So even though I have a brand new engine that comes in the new GTS, they download my original factory tune for the 11' 4S. I was a bit upset when I found that out because in essence I'm driving on a detuned engine. They were also trying to steer me away from doing an aftermarket tune because it could void my warranty on the new engine. Since I had to spend an extra $1100 on the replacement ECU, would have been nice to get a little more HP out of my car in return.

Old 08-19-2015, 11:49 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Unaware of any aftermarket company that offers tunes for the GTS platform. Fabspeed is one of many companies that does offer exhaust components though.

Old 08-19-2015, 11:55 AM
Dixon245 is infamous around these parts
They tuned u with the older engine

i have had a few friends that have the ECU tuned but everyone I spoke to says they cancel warranty if they plug the car in and they find out it's been flashed so no sure wanted to find out if anyone had it done on a Panamera GTS

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.