Sponsored by:

Aftermarket exhaust cut outs on PTT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2015, 08:14 PM
Peach PTT is infamous around these parts
Aftermarket exhaust cut outs on PTT

Hello guys,

New guy here, just finished up on the intro forum.

My stock PTT is surprisingly quiet which is what I expected from the research I did beforehand on these cars. I'm really looking to get some bark from the exhaust as you can't even tell what the motor is doing or where in the power you are. And I would really just love some V8 sound.

Has anyone done just electric exhaust cutouts upstream of the factory mufflers?
Is there room to do it?

And do the 4.8 liter N/A motors use the same exhaust system as the Turbos? Here is a video with an N/A 4.8 with exhaust cutouts

I'm not looking to gain HP, just sound for now.

Thanks, Jon

Old 08-24-2015, 10:25 PM
I should also mention my Pan doesn't have the PSE option.

Old 08-25-2015, 05:44 AM
Goonie is infamous around these parts
I've looked into this. There won't be any noticeable difference.

The NA v8 sounds so much better than the turbo. The turbos have a muffling affect of the v8 rumble.

Most of the noise is muffled by the 4 huge cats. The biggest difference you can make is get new down pipes with sport cats and then run straight pipes from there.

I have the PSE exhaust and the sound barely changes when I push the button.

Old 08-25-2015, 06:29 AM
Originally Posted by Goonie
I've looked into this. There won't be any noticeable difference.

The NA v8 sounds so much better than the turbo. The turbos have a muffling affect of the v8 rumble.

Most of the noise is muffled by the 4 huge cats. The biggest difference you can make is get new down pipes with sport cats and then run straight pipes from there.

I have the PSE exhaust and the sound barely changes when I push the button.
Thanks for the reply. I've looked into it and I've heard the same response over and over which makes perfect sense. But then when I seen this video, it made me think again. As far as I can tell, this is just an aftermarket muffler with an electric exhaust valve? How are they getting it to sound so good with no downpipes, 200's or an X?

I also ran across this post on the same exhaust and it looks like it's just a cat back with exhaust valves?

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ound-clip.html

Last edited by Peach PTT; 08-25-2015 at 08:26 PM.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:35 AM
Take off the mufflers and take a video of the car... would love to see the difference myself

Old 08-25-2015, 11:38 AM
porschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant futureporschecayenne92 has a brilliant future
Question , I have been told that even non pse exhaust has some valves which opens on boost for back preassure. Doesnt it hurt the performance when you remove the muffler.

Old 08-25-2015, 12:38 PM
Superaudiofreak is infamous around these parts
I just had the cats deleted with straight pipes to my stock PSE and it sounds insane. I have my friends that have lambos and ferarris jealous.

Old 08-25-2015, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by porschecayenne92
Question , I have been told that even non pse exhaust has some valves which opens on boost for back preassure. Doesnt it hurt the performance when you remove the muffler.
I would say it's minimal on the turbo cars because you build decent back pressure with the turbos already compared to an N/A car.

Old 08-25-2015, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by Superaudiofreak
I just had the cats deleted with straight pipes to my stock PSE and it sounds insane. I have my friends that have lambos and ferarris jealous.
I'll bet!

Old 08-27-2015, 09:35 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Superaudiofreak
+2. A great setup and my favorite.

Old 09-02-2015, 08:44 PM
Alright boys, finally an update. I'm ecstatic. For $869 taxes included, I had the resonator and mufflers deleted and an aftermarket X pipe installed. Wow, absolutely a night and day difference. It is probably too loud for many people's daily driver. But I'm not changing a thing. The tone is so deep especially at start up and just off idle. Then she starts picking up the frequency at higher rpms. Sounds very muscular yet sort of an exotic mid range sound to it.

I'm loving it. You can even hear the exhaust burble between gear shifts now and downshifts are a dream. So glad I did this. Seems like a whole new vehicle again.

Old 09-02-2015, 08:56 PM
very nice!

I should delete my resonator and see what happens

Old 09-02-2015, 09:06 PM
very nice!

Do it!

Old 09-03-2015, 09:31 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
very nice!

Old 09-03-2015, 11:20 AM
Update: Day 2.

Cold start with car backed up against garage.

Too loud, way too loud. Lol. I felt like a dick starting this V8 Nascar sounding race beast this morning.

I like the sound once it's warmed up and driving around but cold starts are just too nasty.

So once I've had my fun with this set up, I'll be getting some performance mufflers welded in. Work in progress.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket exhaust cut outs on PTT