Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PDK shifting need some info

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-14-2015, 04:54 PM
solrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to all
PDK shifting need some info

Hi all,

I've been noticing this on my car, its a Base 14 with 11k miles, that when the RPM needle is going up I get some light hesitation and also that the RPM needle some times when going up makes a small jump or like a clock tik ..

also if I'm sitting at idle and turn my steering wheel in any direction a bit my RPMs will drop then I get some vibration.. same thing when letting off the foot from the brakes, needle drops and some vibration is received from engine until the RPM goes back up again, its like when you are driving a manual tranny and not letting the foot off correctly from the clutch.

can you guys if have time please check your car, dealer told me this are normal operations

at 2200-2400 rpms

Last edited by solrac6262; 11-14-2015 at 05:06 PM.
Old 11-15-2015, 03:46 PM
EMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud ofEMC2 has much to be proud of
The idle behavior looks fairly normal.
The rev jump/slip however seems a bit unusual.
Is it a repeatable problem?

Old 11-15-2015, 06:24 PM
solrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to allsolrac6262 is a name known to all
yes sometimes it does that and sometimes when I drive hard I can feel some hesitation and needle tend to do a tik similar to a watch, you can tell if you pay attention

Old 12-01-2015, 04:00 AM
staceyr is infamous around these parts
PDK lag btwn shifts, defective PDFs presenting in dif ways?

My situation was 2 1/2 yrs ago, but from time to time I take a look through the forums to see if anyone's having the same problems I had.

So, I had a 2012 PTT with a defective PDK, but no error codes would show up when diagnosed. There was a lag of 1-3 seconds between first clutch disengaging and 2nd engaging around 2-4th gears on normal acceleration. When 2nd clutch engaged it would do so quite hard as though how it would feel side stepping a manual clutch. During this lag it was though the car was in neutral with the engine off, engine wouldn't rev at all, it just stalled. It also would take up to a couple seconds for it to "click" into reverse. If you don't wait for it to "click" into reverse and take your foot off the brake. it would roll if on an incline as though it was in neutral with the engine off even though you were pressing on the throttle. We had taken it in several times thinking at some pointing the problem would be found and could be remedied, but no error codes ever came up.

The last time I drove it, 3/15/2013 the lag occurred while I was in the process of changing lanes on a 4 lane curvy mountain rd. Came very close to causing a multi car pileup. Took it to dealership next morning and after weeks of tests ultimately being performed by field tech and appealing to PNA to take whatever measures necessary to fix the car at our expense, they refused saying they had to rely on what the diagnostic tests showed. In other words, it was safe.

The dealership we bought it from bought it back from us, since we knew it wasn't safe, then in turn selling it. Since no error codes ever arose, it was a safe car according to PNA. The car sold in august of 2013 and when the new owner asked what the reason all the service checks for the transmission were for, the salesman told him they were recall campaigns!!! The guy bought the car anyway....? This is a person who has more than a few porsches and was looking for a used panamera. Wouldn't you question buying a car with a service record like this car has, but the service checks being passed off as recall campaigns? All he had to do or better yet, should've done was take to one of these forums to see if there was anyone else with problematic Panameras. Upon leaving the dealership and entering the freeway, the new owner experienced the problem, but thought it was something he'd done wrong. He told me later he also heard a lot of clunking noise coming from the transmission and even video taped it, but when I asked for it he not only didn't send it, he blocked me.

The way I know all this is because as soon as we were told the car had sold I posted a thread asking the new owner to contact me because the car wasn't safe. Within 24 hours he did and described the problem exactly as I had. Also telling us how the dealership had lied to him for what all the service checks were for. We offered to back him if he were interested in going back on the dealership for a fraudulent sale. He didn't take us up on our offer, instead continued to work with the service dept at his local dealership trying to find the problem. We asked that if he found the problem to please let us know, which he agreed to. I contacted him mid feburary '14 to see if he'd ever found the problem and he informed me he'd sold the car to a broker because it was "too much power around town"! He had said right after buying it he also heard a lot of clunking noise coming from the transmission and even video taped it, but when I asked him to send it to me he not only didn't send it, he blocked me. He wanted to stay on good terms with PCNA I guess as he also had a GT3 on order. The Panamera was for his wife.

Some have asked why the PDK wasn't replaced, no proof, no foul? Whatever the reason they're not getting anymore of my money.

I don't know if this helps or not, but if it doesn't just understand this was a traumatic event and to find out it's either been recalled or the problem fixed would give me closure. The thought of someone else being put in the line of tragedy is unthinkable. Too bad car companies find it less expensive to pay for the death of motorists driving their defective cars than fix the problems before the cars go into production. But such is the business of giants!