Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carbon side skirt extensions. Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 06:35 PM
benblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the rough
Carbon side skirt extensions. Help

Happy new year all. I want some carbon side skirt extensions. Anyone know who makes em that fit the length of our cars. Or a company that can make some. Of course with my widebody a company that can make them to spec would be helpful. Thanks all

Old 01-03-2016, 05:49 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
I have had my share of one off pieces made for me over the years, and here is the problem. First you will a none CF piece to make the mold, and if your car is modified you will need to have the none CF piece fitted which means back a forth with the part (could be many times), My cab was apart for over a year (I redesigned many of the parts in the chassis made from lightweight materials) and I lost count of how many times the parts went back and forth. My advise talk to who makes your body kit maybe they know of someone who has done this. If not you might be looking at a small fortune to do this.

Old 01-03-2016, 09:28 AM
benblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the roughbenblack is a jewel in the rough
The kit is a 1 off build so Def not anything out there I'll prob have to find something that's the length between the doors and go from there. Julie I will look and see what u have. Thx so much

Old 01-04-2016, 05:04 AM
MrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud ofMrPrice has much to be proud of
Okay if the kit is one off, then I have a suggestion. Unless they have the car there making CF for a one time use is going to be a hard (and likely expensive) task. I have never seen any part made without a mold done right the first time, so I suggest you have them made it in something far less expensive first, once they fit perfectly, then send the part to a CF maker and let them either use them to make a copy if CF or coat them.

Old 01-04-2016, 10:52 AM
Good in site price. Thx brother.

Old 01-08-2016, 04:50 AM
I wish it was insight, but it is past experience and costly mistakes that I have made myself.