Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche

2014 e-Hybrid, more electrical problems... HELP

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2017 | 11:33 AM
|
robkat is infamous around these parts
2014 e-Hybrid, more electrical problems... HELP

Okay, so I have posted here before about MY AMAZING E-HYRBID.

1. My trunk was wide open this weekend in the morning. No reason, just open. I closed it. An hour later, it was open again. I watched it just open. I have both keys sitting there.
2. If I try to press the trunk open button on the back lid, nothing. I hear a click, but the trunk doesn't move. Button is dead.
3. I open the drivers door and the dash says "Ignition key low battery".
4. I press the trunk release on the drivers door, trunk opens fine. Hold it again, trunk closes fine.
5. I open the trunk again, go to the back and press the trunk close on the trunk lid inside, trunk closes fine. Try the exterior button again, nothing, no response.
6. I get in the car and start it, check engine light is on. (Goes off 2 days later)

The car overall runs great, drives great and doesnt seem to have mechanical issues. Just trying to think of ways to diagnose an issue prior to the dealer taking it, as the problems "disappear" when they have it since they are intermittent.

Old 06-12-2017 | 12:04 PM
NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !NiceCar Is a GOD !
I'd start with a new battery for the key.

Old 06-12-2017 | 12:09 PM
|
It doesnt say I need one anymore. Only did for 24-48 hours. For the past few days, no error, warning, or anything...

Old 06-15-2017 | 07:02 AM
knowspin has a spectacular aura aboutknowspin has a spectacular aura aboutknowspin has a spectacular aura about
You might want to change the battery anyway. Sometimes these devices only give you a warning once.

Old 11-20-2017 | 05:44 AM
|
Followup, just in case anyone else had this issue...

The button for the trunk release (on the back wiper) had a short. They replaced the switch and all is good.

Weird problem to have.

Old 11-21-2017 | 12:03 PM
chance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to beholdchance6 is a splendid one to behold
Good to hear, that and/or the key battery woulda been my guess.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.