Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reduced engine power warning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 09:09 PM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
Reduced engine power warning

During a normal drive this morning, I got the RED reduced engine power warning. The car seemed to drive relatively normal, and upon restarting the car the code did not return. In doing a quick search it seems that this code could be related to a number of things and one of them seems to be a high pressure fuel pump...

Anyone else ever experienced this code or anything related to HPFP?

Old 07-31-2017, 10:28 PM
mwvh is infamous around these parts
I had exact same thing happen to me a couple of months ago on my 2011 PTT.
Turned out to to be two of the coils that were cracked and needed replacing (dealership replaced all 8 to avoid future problems).
Hope you get it fixed quickly.

Old 08-01-2017, 09:37 AM
OEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura aboutOEkun1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by mwvh
I had exact same thing happen to me a couple of months ago on my 2011 PTT.
Turned out to to be two of the coils that were cracked and needed replacing (dealership replaced all 8 to avoid future problems).
Hope you get it fixed quickly.
Thanks for the feedback, I'll check the coils, but I really should pull the codes to see if there is another issue. For transparency, I drove the car again today with no light/issues today.

Old 08-01-2017, 09:51 AM
hollynitro is infamous around these parts
usually if it's about the coil need to be replaced , when you diagnosed your car with Piwis , it will says 'misfire on cylinder 1~8 ' depends on which cylinder it's misfire . And yes , need to replace all of them

Old 08-02-2017, 07:55 PM
Update...no return of said code...but I haven't had time to actually pull the codes.

Old 08-03-2017, 11:31 AM
Spoon83 is infamous around these parts
Had the same issue... just get any code reader (does not have to be Porsche specific) and check the history codes.

I had a P0303 code which is the #3 cylinder misfire, changed ONE coil and no issues since. Absolutely no reason to change all coils at once unless it is under warranty. DIY takes about 10-15 mins per coil with basic tools.

Old 08-07-2017, 11:33 AM
Prncinghrse has a spectacular aura aboutPrncinghrse has a spectacular aura aboutPrncinghrse has a spectacular aura about
High Pressure fuel pump

I believe I had the same light. Car short shifted and had no power. Warranty replacement.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.