Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche

Porsche DTC C13101. Anyone have a code list?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2017 | 02:46 PM
|
Gabbypig is infamous around these parts
Porsche DTC C13101. Anyone have a code list?

Hi all,

I'm still chasing down a wiper fault on my 2012 Panamera V-6. I have a dashboard warning and Durametric gives me the Porsche specific code of C13101 with the generic description of "Wiper, function restriction". This provides no detail of where the fault may be for me to attempt to fix it.

Wipers are now completely inoperable which makes driving the car dicey with frequent rain showers in Hawaii!

Thanks all in advance.

Old 09-28-2017 | 03:23 PM
|
Resolved

I'm updating my own post. Turns out Durametirc could not accurately read the trouble code. Had to take the car to the dealer for an accurate reading ($170).

The true code is C13201 which a quick google search shows this as a problem across the Porsche line and reqiures the replacement of the wiper motor.

Dealer wanted $1,300 to fix, part online is $400. I have ordered the part and will replace myself.

Old 09-28-2017 | 03:32 PM
9917S is infamous around these parts
Thanks for updating this post, it really helps if we ever encouurnter this issue or problem.

Please do let us know how difficult it was changing the wiper assembly.

Best Regards

Old 10-05-2017 | 07:43 AM
cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !cerbomark Is a GOD !
FYI, I have had similar issue where I got a durametric code and no one could tell me what it was. ???

Old 10-05-2017 | 02:05 PM
|
Fixed the wipers and all is well

Received the replacement wiper motor via FedEx and repaired the car last night. Overall easy repair that took 90 minutes, a 5 on a 10 scale. I enjoyed seeing how Porsche approaches their engineering and am overall impressed. I do have a .PDF of the factory service manual which helps quite a bit.

Had my first experience with non-threaded bolt holes. The motor housing is aluminum with un-cut threads. You simply push the bolts into the holes and let the bolt threads cut the hole threads. A little force required but makes for a very tight clamp. Had heard about these in German cars but never had seen it myself.

Also interesting is that all wiper function "logic" resides in the wiper motor housing and not in the central CPU. My board must have gone bad because the actual motor part never exhibited any signs of trouble.

Part cost me $450, dealer code scan was $170. Quote from dealer to repair was $1,250.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.