Panamera The 4-dour coupe by Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Panamera Air Suspension System Info

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2022, 10:42 PM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
[Unplugging battery for couple hours will reset Electronics.
Vakve block has relays that when energized,, open up for specific duration.. ecu knows durations,, measures them.. lazy valves result in errors..
I do this sometimes..
Clear out all errors,, put blanket over trunk lock.. unplug terminal leave overnight.. faulty blocks won't get fixed.. only if logic went into some fuzzy state. Most likely block is bad due to dirt or just broke..

QUOTE=murci930;4909127]Awesome, will do some more digging. Question for @ciaka if the valve block is faulty electrically, is a good way to diag unplugging the battery overnight and seeing if that makes a difference?[/QUOTE]

Old 08-10-2022, 08:19 AM
murci930 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jzchen
I have a Foxwell and PIWIS clone. I would think iCarsoft should read (all) the codes.

How is it now? Since you manipulated the suspension it probably did overheat. How long did it sit before it slammed down?
It only takes 3/4 hours. I heard a big hiss a little behind the shock this morning. Will dissect tonight, hopefully just a leak.

Old 08-10-2022, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by ciaka
[Unplugging battery for couple hours will reset Electronics.
Vakve block has relays that when energized,, open up for specific duration.. ecu knows durations,, measures them.. lazy valves result in errors..
I do this sometimes..
Clear out all errors,, put blanket over trunk lock.. unplug terminal leave overnight.. faulty blocks won't get fixed.. only if logic went into some fuzzy state. Most likely block is bad due to dirt or just broke..

QUOTE=murci930;4909127]Awesome, will do some more digging. Question for @ciaka if the valve block is faulty electrically, is a good way to diag unplugging the battery overnight and seeing if that makes a difference?
[/QUOTE]

tracked it to the rubber mount bushing in the engine bay. Is mount replaceable or is it an entire shock replacement?

Old 08-11-2022, 07:39 AM
ciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant futureciaka has a brilliant future
Your message isn't clear. Multiple mounts in engine bay.
if you're talking rubber mount on top if the shock, the whole shock gotta go. I assume it's leaking. Soap water will show bubbles.

Old 08-11-2022, 07:53 AM
Your message isn't clear. Multiple mounts in engine bay.
if you're talking rubber mount on top if the shock, the whole shock gotta go. I assume it's leaking. Soap water will show bubbles.
It's the rubber mount bushing right below the center shock sensor (using the names in your engine bay photo). That area bubbled up after spraying soap water.

Old 08-15-2022, 09:26 AM
Shipping out to RMT for rebuild. As always huge thanks to Ciaka for taking the time to take pics and making the DIY's easy!!

Old 08-15-2022, 05:26 PM
Thank you. When ypu speak to them, little honey will get you places. I never had issues trying to be extra friendly abd they step up. Great to see others can use this info. Together, we're saving a lot of money from going to the dealers.
happy face here.

Originally Posted by murci930
Shipping out to RMT for rebuild. As always huge thanks to Ciaka for taking the time to take pics and making the DIY's easy!!

Old 08-26-2022, 11:31 AM
Thank you. When ypu speak to them, little honey will get you places. I never had issues trying to be extra friendly abd they step up. Great to see others can use this info. Together, we're saving a lot of money from going to the dealers.
happy face here.
Agreed! Question- is an alignment recommended after replacing the front shocks? Like you, the other side also needed to be sent out for rebuild, so i will tackle in the morning!!

Old 08-27-2022, 12:27 AM
If you disconnect anyvduspension components you must've alignment. That's why I buy lifetime alignment at Firestone.
if you don't. Your tires will shred.

Old 08-29-2022, 09:58 AM
If you disconnect anyvduspension components you must've alignment. That's why I buy lifetime alignment at Firestone.
if you don't. Your tires will shred.
I figured, but just wanted to make sure. Again, thanks for the DIY, everything went back together smoothly. Managed to break a speed sensor, but still well under the original budget.

Old 09-16-2022, 06:54 AM
Lias is infamous around these parts
Just wanted to add something:
My 2010 Panamera S sat overnight and when i went to drive in the morning i got the "chassis system failure" message. Sent an email to Porsche with details and so on. They told me to check the FUSE for the compressor. A 40 amp maxi fuse next to the battery in the trunk. Lo and behold, the fuse was broken. That fix just cost me 4$ and nothing more. Obviously need to check the reason the fuse broke, but now i can drive it at least.
Very good information on this thread anyways👍

Old 03-01-2023, 03:40 AM
Marc13190 is infamous around these parts
Hi i've control my pasm with piwis 3 and the pressure system is 8.2 bar. I think that the good pressure is 17 bar no?
What to you think about this value ? Thank's for all.

Old 03-08-2023, 09:31 AM
I believe you are correct but just trying to remember off the top of my head.

Old 05-17-2023, 03:54 PM
PanyLab is infamous around these parts
Old 03-29-2024, 09:47 AM
Wentlandp is infamous around these parts
Suspension System Failure

This was an extremely helpful article and great write up. My Suspension System Failure light has started coming on daily for the past week. It would come on 2-3 times over the winter when it was very cold then be fine after a short time. It just came on again this morning and is not turning off. I now know where to start looking for the problem. Thank you,

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Panamera Air Suspension System Info