Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Increase of new threads with single or low post count

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-02-2024, 01:28 PM
Deezflip is infamous around these parts
Increase of new threads with single or low post count

No offense to new members. Is it just me or is there an increase of new threads of members with single or low post count? Not just in this forum, but other car forums as well.
Interesting if it's A.I. gathering info...hmmmm

FYI, cross posted this in the other Panamera forum also. I'm not A.I. , honest

Old 07-02-2024, 03:47 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
We do have newbies signing up every day. They are mostly car people who have questions or issues with a particular brand. Only a few of them are bots or are here for nefarious reasons or to scam members and those individuals are usually kicked to the curb before they can harm anyone. A lot of that is due to members being proactive and helping the mods by reporting suspicious activity. A lot of long time members no longer participate so this results in a lot of repetitive threads as new members post a question before searching to see if the issue was previously addressed, this can be frustrating to long time members but we are happy to see new members that keep the lights on.

Old 07-02-2024, 08:25 PM
Deezflip is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
We do have newbies signing up every day. They are mostly car people who have questions or issues with a particular brand. Only a few of them are bots or are here for nefarious reasons or to scam members and those individuals are usually kicked to the curb before they can harm anyone. A lot of that is due to members being proactive and helping the mods by reporting suspicious activity. A lot of long time members no longer participate so this results in a lot of repetitive threads as new members post a question before searching to see if the issue was previously addressed, this can be frustrating to long time members but we are happy to see new members that keep the lights on.

Oh yes definitely, new members are always a plus and again...no offense to those. What's baffling about it is that the OP sometimes never responds back....ever. Again, not just in this forum but all over the place. Not even sure why I made/posted thread, don't mind me...just thinking out loud I guess

Old 07-02-2024, 11:12 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
When you see that it could be our bot detectors blocking them from posting. Unfortunately, we are not notified when that happens so we can remove the thread/post and the bot detector doesn’t leave an explanation. We get a huge number of bot attacks every day and fortunately the software dismisses most of them but some are like cockroaches and scatter when the light goes on, there are also many who are just seeking instant attention or gratification and when they don’t get it they bail. I have had several zero post newbies send me a friend request when I don’t know them and they have no posts to convince me I should be their friend so I hold those until I see some posts. Some disappear and don’t come back, which is too bad since we could be missing out on some good members. Have a great 4th! 🎇🎆