Scheduled Events 6Speedonline.com is growing fast thanks to its growing international community. This forum has all the latest plans and schedules for 6speedonline events and Porsche gatherings.

2009 Gumball 3000 Rally LA to Miami Information

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 04:59 PM
Banned
8speed is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vividracing
8speed - your source is not that great either. Ask Dustin about the lawsuit against Teckademics from Gumball for their production of the 2002 film. Gumball, the originator in these high life road rallies is still strong. There is a reason it costs what it does. This is not exactly the AKA Rally with RSX's and Days Inn hotels. The cost of the rally this year is $40,000. Last year it was a $100,000 because they put the cars in planes and flew them to China!
I would ask Dustin but unfortunately he doesn't work for Teckademics (he left in 2007), so you might want to check your facts before slandering someone I respect and admire in the automotive industry. I am not going to get into an incredulous internet feud with a respected sponsor such as yourself so I won't, but there are extenuating circumstances surrounding the video that you and I both have no business discussing in this forum.

My point was simply that the exotic rally's are getting increasingly more expensive and increasingly pernicious which you cannot deny nor dispute. Hey don't get me wrong, I would love to bump the limiter above the factory 172 mph on my IS-F and play along if I could......... let's leave the flaming and inane conjecture in the GT-R forum shall we

Last edited by 8speed; 12-29-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:19 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Does not matter if he works there are not, their was a suit filed and that was fact. Having done 4 Gumballs and 1 Bullrun, when you sign up, you are not allowed to reproduce any media for profit. Samething happened to some guys that ran in 2003 from Phoenix in a white Jaguar XType. I forget their names, but I am just letting people know. Not slandering Dustin, I met him on the 2006 US Leg. My roots go pretty deep in the game. I would not make a statement unless factual.

Old 12-29-2008, 05:39 PM
Banned
Fair enough....what car are you guys running?

Old 12-29-2008, 05:41 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Agreed, lets get back to what is at hand. I am going to be running it old school for us 2008 STI decked out!

Old 12-29-2008, 05:57 PM
Banned
Love it, couldn't think of a better sleeper car for a "rally".........what kind of top speed are you looking to get out of it?

Old 12-29-2008, 06:14 PM
Former Vendor
Really not into top speed, just fun I did the 2003 rally in my 2002 Subaru WRX all JDM'd out. The past 3 rallies I did it in a Porsche which is fitting for a rally like this. I like doing it in non tradition cars. We are also thinking of taking this MONSTER truck

Old 12-30-2008, 03:03 AM
SiNzz is infamous around these parts
Beautiful bugeye! It's defiintely a dream of mine to have the opportunity to attend a rally like this some day.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:09 AM
Former Vendor
Just keep those submission coming www.vividracing.com/gumball3000

Old 02-07-2009, 06:54 PM
JRCART is infamous around these parts
Are there still spots available for this years event? I am very interested in participating.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Former Vendor
Yes! Please email me your contact info asap. Dan@vividracing.com

Old 02-18-2009, 04:59 PM
Only 5SPEED
MPD47 is infamous around these partsMPD47 is infamous around these parts
This is not exactly the AKA Rally with RSX's and Days Inn hotels.
I've never stayed at a Days Inn on AKA Rally, stick to the events you know please. Looks like you had fun though, good luck this year

Old 02-18-2009, 05:04 PM
Former Vendor
I know more then you know.

Old 02-18-2009, 05:25 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Dan - I bought the Gumball Rally DVD for the 2003 rally, I think your car was featured in the video a couple times was it not???? That is by far one of my FAVORITE rally documentaries ever. Those guys dressed as the Cubans were HYSTERICAL.....We named our dog Clemente after one of those guys.

Really not into top speed, just fun I did the 2003 rally in my 2002 Subaru WRX all JDM'd out. The past 3 rallies I did it in a Porsche which is fitting for a rally like this. I like doing it in non tradition cars. We are also thinking of taking this MONSTER truck

Old 02-18-2009, 05:26 PM
Former Vendor
Old 02-18-2009, 05:27 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Hey dude, was your car featured on Hot Import Nights on SpeedTV the other night.....I could have sworn it was your 63BS b/c I remember those rims.....Carbon Fiber Rims right????

Originally Posted by JRCART
Are there still spots available for this years event? I am very interested in participating.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2009 Gumball 3000 Rally LA to Miami Information