Scheduled Events 6Speedonline.com is growing fast thanks to its growing international community. This forum has all the latest plans and schedules for 6speedonline events and Porsche gatherings.

Mini Gumball Rally in San Diego !! 300 Miles >>>>

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 01:51 PM
Jeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the rough
Mini Gumball Rally in San Diego !! 300 Miles >>>>

Anybody else going? Looks like a great way to spend a Sunday http://www.time2rally.com/time2rally%20program.html

Cheers

J

Old 04-22-2006, 05:14 PM
kave is infamous around these parts
I think so, I know definately by next week.

Old 04-22-2006, 08:35 PM
WyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud ofWyattTT has much to be proud of
Thinking about it. Got a few days to decide

Old 04-22-2006, 09:19 PM
O4 GT3
Vader13 has a spectacular aura aboutVader13 has a spectacular aura about
Dear 2006 Gumballers,
There is now just 8 days to go until the start in central London! We can now confirm that on her 80th Birthday Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth the second has accepted our invitation to drop the flag at the start on the 30th April.
Buckingham palace states "The 2006 the Gumball rally is one of the last great adventures left, this is the spirit of the empire" The start will now be covered by the worlds press and will be a true spectacle for participants and crowd alike and now with our royal blessing this will go down as being the most talked about event of the year.
SCHEDULE:
EUROPE (1000 miles):
Saturday 29th April:
Kicking off, we've got the Premiere of the "Aiya" boys Gumball film called 'Drivin' Me Crazy' on Saturday 29th April here in Central London, followed by a party with 'Goldie Lookin Chain'
performing along with guest celebrity DJs. This will be a late one!
Sunday 30th April:
This is the start day! Cars will park on "display" in Gumballs own "pit-lane" on Pall Mall (London W1, between Trafalgar Square and St. James Palace) between 1-4 PM, and the flag will drop between
4-6 PM, sending drivers en route to a Midnight checkpoint in Belgium via the Eurotunnel. "Attention all Belgian's" to come and cheer us at Chateau de Beloeil, home to the Princes de Ligne between 10PM - 1AM! (Address: Chateau de Beloeil, rue du Chateau, 11, Beloeil, Hainaut, just 40 miles from
Brussels)
Monday 1st May:
After driving thru the night they'll be a breakfast checkpoint in Austria will be in Vienna between 6 - 10 AM at the Kursalon (centrally located with easy accessibility (U4 subway) in Vienna's beautiful inner-city park on Johannesgasse), afetrwhich cars drive to Budapest, arriving between Midday - 4PM at the "Chain Bridge." We want everyone in Hungary to come to see us arrive!
Tuesday 2nd May:
Lunch checkpoint in Belgrade, Serbia between 11AM - 1PM at the City Hall!
ASIA (1000 miles):
Wednesday 3rd May:
This one's secret, so that Gumballers can relax on a "private Island!"
Thursday 4th May:
Gumballers drive from Phuket to Bangkok through the rainforest. Get yourselves to the Asian 'finish' line at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Bangkok between 7-10PM.
USA (1000 miles):
Friday 5th May:
After flying to the US, Gumballers get to attend the red carpet Premiere of Mission Impossible 3 at the Larry H. Miller Megaplex Theatre in Salt Lake City, Utah!!!
Saturday 6th May:
After collecting their cars from SLC Airport, all 120 amazing vehicles will 'parade' to downtown SLC to the Utah Jazz home at the Delta Centre for you all to see between 10-11AM. Then they're all driving to the new race track outside SLC called 'Miller Motorsports Park' - this is a great opportunity to watch these beauties at full speed, and all we'll also be putting on a 'drift racing'
display!
Then get yourselves to Las Vegas to the Hard Rock Hotel that evening between 5-8PM to watch the cars arrive. That night hip hop legend 'Snoop Dogg' will be doing an "exclusive" Gumball performance at 'The Joint' inside the Hard Rock. This will be crazy!
Sunday 7th May:
After checking out Death Valley, the Gumballers will cross the finish line on the famous 'Rodeo Drive' in Beverly Hills at approximately 4PM. Rodeo Drive will be closed for the finish, where cars will then be parked on display until 7PM before parading to the Beverly Hilton Hotel. That night Gumballers will party with Playmates at the famous Playboy Mansion where DJ AM, Blink 182's Travis Barker and **** star Ron Jeremy will mix the tunes for the nights party! Who will win the coveted 'Spirit of the Gumball Trophy' this year???

Old 04-23-2006, 05:55 PM
RT7
Show-N-Go like J-Lo Mofo
RT7 is infamous around these parts
Hmmm... sounds interesting.

Old 04-27-2006, 01:12 AM
VRAlexander
Birdman and I are crashing the party (we have an invited) from Salt Lake City to Heffs place...we will have video of the entire event....

Old 05-05-2006, 12:13 AM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
is anybody in SoCal heading to Death Valley to run with the Gumballers on the 7th??

Old 05-06-2006, 01:23 PM
DiB
DiB is infamous around these parts
That does indeed look like a fun way to spend a Sunday.

Old 05-06-2006, 02:59 PM
immaculate is infamous around these parts
is this a symbolic invite event? didn't get anything in the mail about it...any other info? i'm free that weekend, would love to participate.

aaron

Old 05-06-2006, 05:32 PM
Jeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the roughJeff SD is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by immaculate
is this a symbolic invite event? didn't get anything in the mail about it...any other info? i'm free that weekend, would love to participate.

aaron
Aaron, this event is open to anybody who has an extra $200 to cover the entrance fee's

It should be a blast ! Sign up at www.time2rally.com

Cheers

J

Old 05-08-2006, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by TTVIPER
Aaron, this event is open to anybody who has an extra $200 to cover the entrance fee's

It should be a blast ! Sign up at www.time2rally.com

Cheers

J
thx J. i will know on tuesday whether my BM will be done by then. hopefully i can make it! sounds like a blast.

aaron

Old 05-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Mattnunez is just really niceMattnunez is just really niceMattnunez is just really niceMattnunez is just really niceMattnunez is just really nice
I'm in with the CGT!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait.

Old 05-09-2006, 09:49 PM
kave is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Mattnunez
I think I'll do it just to see the your car drive infront of me the whole day.
that would be nice.

Old 05-10-2006, 01:02 AM
Hello Angry.
angryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to beholdangryswede is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Mattnunez
I think that may be what pushes me over to the "I'm in" side of the fence!

I was thinking what might be cool would be to get a video camera mount between the seats of the car and film the whole thing. Maybe even 2 of them - one facing out the windshield and one out the back window and film it all in a timelapse. I wonder how hard that would be to setup?

Old 05-10-2006, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by angryswede
I think that may be what pushes me over to the "I'm in" side of the fence!

I was thinking what might be cool would be to get a video camera mount between the seats of the car and film the whole thing. Maybe even 2 of them - one facing out the windshield and one out the back window and film it all in a timelapse. I wonder how hard that would be to setup?
i have that setup ready to go the one pointing out the front will be a Sony HDR-HC1 1080 camera and the one pointing out the back (or handheld by my navigator, maybe) will be a regular miniDV cam. this setup has provided EXCELLENT footage from all of the other times i've used it.

now, i just have to find out whether or not my car will be out of the shop by then...

aaron

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mini Gumball Rally in San Diego !! 300 Miles >>>>