Scheduled Events 6Speedonline.com is growing fast thanks to its growing international community. This forum has all the latest plans and schedules for 6speedonline events and Porsche gatherings.

CENTRAL FLORIDA MEET- SAT. FEB 7th

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 08:18 AM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
Ritz Carlton... so this is not going to be another Tail of the Hooters Girl???

Way to be guys, keep up the planning and the flow of info.

Last edited by Sloth; 01-05-2004 at 09:18 AM.
Old 01-05-2004, 08:33 AM
Greyghost is infamous around these parts
Here is the Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes information. The place is very sweet and has a spa for the ladies too.

http://www.ritzcarlton.com/resorts/o..._grande_lakes/

Last edited by Greyghost; 01-05-2004 at 08:51 AM.
Old 01-05-2004, 09:55 AM
Orli930 is infamous around these parts
So is the Ritz a go? Or are we still in a holding pattern? BTW, Is this a guy thing or is anyone bring Wives or girlfriends. I personally would rather get out ALONE!!!!

Would like to check out the local talent.

Old 01-05-2004, 10:05 AM
Orli930, that sounds good to me too but I think Im bringin the wife. However, i could live vicariously through your exploits as long as I get a detailed play-by-play with video and photos.

Speaking of which... you guys could scout out beautiful talent for a photo shoot on Sunday morning... yea, that's it!

Old 01-05-2004, 10:47 AM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
Ok, just got off the phone with the Ritz and they were very receptive with us. I just mentioned we were looking for something simular to the D Elagance reception they did. Exclusive designated parking/show area right up front and on the side for us....Roped off. I stated we would arrive & show our cars around 2pm- 6pm and that quite a few will need rooms and to make dinner reservations at there "Grille" there which is the less formal of the restaurants.I asked for like an attendant set up for maybe cocktails and snacks durring the day. The rep will be getting back to me tomorow with the rest of the details........Shes also checking on spa deals for the women... I think I'll have to get a room myself w/ the wife....
I will post all the details tomorow "But" Saturday February 7th at the Ritz at Grande lakes we are on for.....rooms, dinner, & car show!
Rob

Old 01-05-2004, 10:48 AM
Rob... you da man! That sounds awesome. Just let me know if there is anything I can do.

Old 01-05-2004, 12:00 PM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
A plan forming, I love it.

Rob,
I am coming up without the little lady, so I can slum it up somewhere other than the Ritz. Do you know of any alternative hotels near there? My wife would have my head if I stayed somewhere like the Ritz without her.

Old 01-05-2004, 12:16 PM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Sloth
A plan forming, I love it.

Rob,
I am coming up without the little lady, so I can slum it up somewhere other than the Ritz. Do you know of any alternative hotels near there? My wife would have my head if I stayed somewhere like the Ritz without her.
Theres a nice "Yogi Bear" camp ground area near the theme parks. I wouldnt bring the GT3 though...
Seriously though, Marriott at the grande lakes is its connected sister property. Same grounds etc.... I'll post rates for that also along with a few other options for those in need.

Old 01-05-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by RDH
Theres a nice "Yogi Bear" camp ground area near the theme parks. I wouldnt bring the GT3 though...
Seriously though, Marriott at the grande lakes is its connected sister property. Same grounds etc.... I'll post rates for that also along with a few other options for those in need.
Yogi's camp ground... I need to hurry up and get the hitch installed on the GT3.

Marriott at Grande Lakes, I will have to look into that. Thanks.

Old 01-05-2004, 01:06 PM
RDH
Heres the Marriot at Grande Lakes Link..

http://marriott.com/property/propertyPage/MCOJW

Old 01-05-2004, 04:25 PM
Since, some of us are driving at least a few hours, by the time I get their my car is going to extremely dirty ( By My Standards) do any of you local boys recommend a good hand car wash or should we consider to have a detailer come out. I will get their by 10:00am if I leave Miami by 6:00am. Just a thought I am sure we are all very **** about the conditions of our cars.

So, I will be making reservations tomorrow.

Old 01-05-2004, 05:11 PM
RDH
Originally posted by Orli930
Since, some of us are driving at least a few hours, by the time I get their my car is going to extremely dirty ( By My Standards) do any of you local boys recommend a good hand car wash or should we consider to have a detailer come out. I will get their by 10:00am if I leave Miami by 6:00am. Just a thought I am sure we are all very **** about the conditions of our cars.

So, I will be making reservations tomorrow.
Good point..... I'll contact a source that I know of for an on site detail to whomever wants starting at 10:30 ish... The rate she (sales rep) qouted me was $289 per night for the hotel (Group rate) down from $340ish...6speeedonline
I'll post all info hopefully by tomorow

Old 01-05-2004, 05:40 PM
RDH,

Ok, thats fine. Let me know when to make the reservations at the Ritz. BTW, I am defintely going to want my car detailed.

Now I need to find a Bra for my car. too many hours on open highway.

Old 01-05-2004, 05:49 PM
Way to be Rob, thanks for running with the ball on that.

Orlando, if you prefer the permanent solution... consider the clearbra. No chips except for the windshield in 1800 miles including the trip to Jax for the first meet. However, it might not look as good on white as it does on yellow.

Old 01-05-2004, 05:57 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
There is a chance I might attend. Too late?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: CENTRAL FLORIDA MEET- SAT. FEB 7th