Scheduled Events 6Speedonline.com is growing fast thanks to its growing international community. This forum has all the latest plans and schedules for 6speedonline events and Porsche gatherings.

CENTRAL FLORIDA MEET- SAT. FEB 7th

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2004, 12:33 PM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
Rob, Thanks for the update. Let me know if I can assist.

Old 01-07-2004, 02:31 PM
Greyghost is infamous around these parts
I need some input. I was going to design a logo and make some t-shirts but we need a name for this event. The "6SpeedOnline Southern Fried Showdown" is one idea. Any others?

Old 01-07-2004, 02:36 PM
Banned
Accomplice is infamous around these parts
Britt,

Thanks for including me on the list. I'll get the word out to some Ferrari, Lambo, NSX, AMG and Viper owners. Has anybody spoken with reps from Ferrari of Central FL or Ultimate Motors (Orlando Lamborghini dealer)? How many cars do you guys want at this event?

Kevin

Old 01-07-2004, 02:39 PM
Alrighty now were talking! Go get em Kevin!

Old 01-07-2004, 03:22 PM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
The issues we are dealing with are the assigned areas for our cars....Im telling "ALL" that Max will most likely be 30 cars that are displayed of which there will be like a premium $ to rent the space....Example...Valet charges 10-15 $ a spot so...Plus I'm asking for 10-20 rooms along with say 20-or?? for informal dinner reservations.
Ritz= Still crunching
******* Palms Resort=(want us said would get back quickly)
Leows Hotels ( Hard Rock, Portofino, Pacific)= want us and working on....
I'm not sitting around waiting.....There all very nice....
Saturday,Feb 7th, 2pm-6pm..,then dinner, rooms at one of these
(Improvise)

Old 01-07-2004, 03:29 PM
Banned
Accomplice is infamous around these parts
Whoops. I just posted info. about the meet on a few forums (Ferrari, Lamborghini, Viper, NSX, etc.) and listed the Ritz info. No big deal. I'll edit them as soon as the destination is nailed down. It would be nice if there was room for 100 cars. We could probably see that kind of turnout since we have a month to get this together.

Kevin

Old 01-07-2004, 04:05 PM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
hey kevin,

You may want to post on those boards that the location is not set, other than it being in Orlando.

Rob, all those places sound great. I stayed at the Hard Rock and the Royal Pacific before, both are nice places with the Hard Rock being trendier. Plenty of food and drink in that area too.

Old 01-07-2004, 04:32 PM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
Leows Portofino Hotel (Italy themed) wants us.....rather then wait any more.. Should I pull the trigger? They have a lot thats lobby level that they'll designate just for us with 60 spaces so we can spread out....she can have an attendant for the cocktails etc...
Hard rocks parking was extremely limited however she is reserving dinner there for us at the Palm restaurant (Steak/lobster).....City walks right there, etc....all in all this sounds pretty good... Shes going to fax me in the morning and for me to approve & vouche for things till you all chime in...
Go??? (There will be a Fee to park in area but its minimal because were getting the whole space....

Old 01-07-2004, 04:55 PM
Sounds good to me Rob. As Piccard would say..."Make it so..."

I have eaten at the Palm too, good steaks.

Portofino Bay Hotel

Last edited by Sloth; 01-07-2004 at 05:10 PM.
Old 01-07-2004, 08:05 PM
CAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond reputeCAPTLST has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds good to me as well. I think this will be even better because City Walk is just a boat ride away and we can PARTY ALL NIGHT LONG!!!!!!!! No going to bed a 10:30 this time.........

Those of you on the fence about going your decision should be made up now. Be there or be square!

Eric

Old 01-07-2004, 09:45 PM
kparis has a spectacular aura aboutkparis has a spectacular aura about
Britt-

My car should be out of the body shop this Friday night (crossing my fingers)- so I'm back in business. I hope to post some photos of the complete Techart makeover over the weekend.

Count me in as an attendee. I plan on bringing the gf. The plans sound awesome so far!! When can we call the hotel to book rooms?

Keith

Old 01-07-2004, 11:52 PM
Orli930 is infamous around these parts
Guys,
Which is it??????? Ritz or........ Don't want to seem like a pain in the ***.... Just looking forward to this meeting and I want to make my reservations. The Palm will work for me. Their is a Vodka Martini and a Lobster with my name on it.

Old 01-08-2004, 05:02 AM
RDH,

The call is up to you. I would opt for the roomier car accomodations at Leows Portofino Hotel. It looks beautiful, has a spa for the ladies, tons of restaurants, and the parking set-up sounds pretty cool. Check it out here:

http://www.loewshotels.com/hotels/or...ay/default.asp

This is my vote, but of course I leave final judgement up to you in Orlando, being your stomping grounds and all.

Last edited by Greyghost; 01-08-2004 at 06:55 AM.
Old 01-08-2004, 06:11 AM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by kparis
Britt-

My car should be out of the body shop this Friday night (crossing my fingers)- so I'm back in business. I hope to post some photos of the complete Techart makeover over the weekend.

Count me in as an attendee. I plan on bringing the gf. The plans sound awesome so far!! When can we call the hotel to book rooms?

Keith
You bring the GF and we will have a few names for you...

Old 01-08-2004, 09:45 AM
RDH
Were doing it at the Portofino.....

I just hung up the phone with the rep..(11:30am) stating its a go..Shes doing up a contract for me to review & vouch for and will send over to me later today. I will post "All" the details later today for the location,room amounts,special 800# to call,etc..etc..
Once this is up, then market it. Obviously 6speedonline members will take priority over someone not associated with (preferred seating ) as I dont want to turn any of our people away..Logistics will be kept very simple
All the Best
Rob

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: CENTRAL FLORIDA MEET- SAT. FEB 7th