Scheduled Events 6Speedonline.com is growing fast thanks to its growing international community. This forum has all the latest plans and schedules for 6speedonline events and Porsche gatherings.

Last Bay Area Group Drive of the Year

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 10:37 PM
Chasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the roughChasen1211 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by DimNSlow
I was actually talking to Mike the COO about that and they have an event coming up in a few weeks for more advanced drivers but maybe beginners as well up at Sears point. They will have professional racers and instructors there.

During the chat he said we will be able to buy insurance for our cars on the track for about $200-300/day for those of us (i.e. me) who's insurance does not extend to track use.

I will post more info when Mike gets back to me with the info.
sounds awsome! thanks for that info...

Old 11-07-2006, 11:25 PM
karlooz is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by fredttx50
Thanks to Brian for hosting a great event!

It was a lot of fun. Great cars, great people.

Next time, we really need to do a Track day like we did in the past. Driving on 101 is fun but the track is soo much more fun, exciting, and safer.

So lets maybe talk to the Racers Group and do a track day at Sears Point!!!

Keep the pics and videos coming!
woo hoo sears point... my favorite! let me know if a date is made!!!

Old 11-08-2006, 06:12 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by karlooz
woo hoo sears point... my favorite! let me know if a date is made!!!
Below is the information from Mike, the event is mainly for licensed race car drivers but if we can get enough group interest they can expand the program to non-licensed folks like me.

The cost for the original licensed race car event is $2,750 for one day, $4,000 for both. I have no idea what the expanded class will cost, but should be around that?

Right now 6speed isn't letting me attach the pdf. I will attach it a bit later.

--------------------------------------

Hello Everyone!
The Training Days are Here!!! We have again secured Infineon Raceway for our 4th annual TRG Training Days, to be held the Tuesday and Wednesday before Thanksgiving (November 21st & 22nd). The schedule of events is attached, but you can expect to drive until you can’t (or don’t want to!) drive any more! The track hours will be 8:30am-4:30pm on both dates. We will also have the skid pad set up to really work on your car control and the limits of adhesion. We will be running Rain or Shine!!

Our all encompassing Training Days include driver instruction by Kevin Buckler, Andy Lally, and two Russell Racing School Instructors, engineering and data, mechanics to work with you on set-up changes, and our hospitality extraordinaire that will keep you well hydrated and well fed J Even the track rental fee (a whopping $465 per person, per day) is included in the price! We will additionally be hosting a wine makers dinner on Tuesday evening, complete with some secret treasures from Kevin’s personal wine cellar, as well as some current releases & “sneak peaks†from Adobe Road Winery.

The price for Tuesday only is $2750 and for both days will be $4000

Space is limited for this special event, so please RSVP us with your commitment as soon as possible to reserve your spot! Once your spot is confirmed- we are happy to assist with any other logistics that we can, including local hotels, work needing to be done to your vehicle in anticipation of the training days, tires or other parts to be brought to the track for you, etc.

Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon!
Sincerely,

Debra
PS- Infineon Raceway will have the following LICENSING REQUIREMENTS in effect for these testing dates:
  • Valid Competition License or medical card from NASCAR, USAC, SPORTSCAR, SCCA, ASA, FIA, NASA, SVRA, VARA, INEX, HMSA, CFRA, CSRG, PCA, POC, BMWCCA, or HSR.
  • Bring your license with you to the main office for the sign-in, the morning of your pre-scheduled test day.
  • Vehicles are to conform to SCCA Pro Racing regulations.

Old 11-08-2006, 06:43 PM
errrr, 2750... no thanks.

Below is the information from Mike, the event is mainly for licensed race car drivers but if we can get enough group interest they can expand the program to non-licensed folks like me.

The cost for the original licensed race car event is $2,750 for one day, $4,000 for both. I have no idea what the expanded class will cost, but should be around that?

Right now 6speed isn't letting me attach the pdf. I will attach it a bit later.

--------------------------------------

Hello Everyone!
The Training Days are Here!!! We have again secured Infineon Raceway for our 4th annual TRG Training Days, to be held the Tuesday and Wednesday before Thanksgiving (November 21st & 22nd). The schedule of events is attached, but you can expect to drive until you can’t (or don’t want to!) drive any more! The track hours will be 8:30am-4:30pm on both dates. We will also have the skid pad set up to really work on your car control and the limits of adhesion. We will be running Rain or Shine!!

Our all encompassing Training Days include driver instruction by Kevin Buckler, Andy Lally, and two Russell Racing School Instructors, engineering and data, mechanics to work with you on set-up changes, and our hospitality extraordinaire that will keep you well hydrated and well fed J Even the track rental fee (a whopping $465 per person, per day) is included in the price! We will additionally be hosting a wine makers dinner on Tuesday evening, complete with some secret treasures from Kevin’s personal wine cellar, as well as some current releases & “sneak peaks†from Adobe Road Winery.

The price for Tuesday only is $2750 and for both days will be $4000

Space is limited for this special event, so please RSVP us with your commitment as soon as possible to reserve your spot! Once your spot is confirmed- we are happy to assist with any other logistics that we can, including local hotels, work needing to be done to your vehicle in anticipation of the training days, tires or other parts to be brought to the track for you, etc.

Thanks and I hope to hear from you soon!
Sincerely,

Debra
PS- Infineon Raceway will have the following LICENSING REQUIREMENTS in effect for these testing dates:
  • Valid Competition License or medical card from NASCAR, USAC, SPORTSCAR, SCCA, ASA, FIA, NASA, SVRA, VARA, INEX, HMSA, CFRA, CSRG, PCA, POC, BMWCCA, or HSR.
  • Bring your license with you to the main office for the sign-in, the morning of your pre-scheduled test day.
  • Vehicles are to conform to SCCA Pro Racing regulations.

Old 11-08-2006, 06:56 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
errrr, 2750... no thanks.
Hi Carlos. Did you get those mufflers installed?

Yeah, it's expensive

So I think it is so expensive because they have some big name instructors. I still can't upload the pdf so I'm going to copy paste what it says.

Instructors
- Kevin Buckler Winner at Le Mans
and two time winner at Rolex 24
at Daytona

- Andy Laly 2006 Grand Am Rolex
GT Class champion

- Two instructors from the Russell
School of Racing at Infineon

Car Control Clinic
Test the limits of vehicle dynamics, chassis setup,
car control and tire adhesion in a safe and fun
environment on the Autocross course and skidpad.
Learn how driver inputs affect car control while
receiving immediate personal instruction from the
best in the business.

Tentative Schedule
Tuesday the 21st will begin at 7:30am with a
light breakfast and classroom-style discussion.
Trackside hospitality will include breakfast and
lunch on Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday night,
all participants will be treated to a wonderful
winemaker’s dinner featuring the latest Adobe Road
Winery varietals and special selections from other
noted wineries.

Old 11-08-2006, 07:01 PM
hey roger. ya got them on for laguna seca. now taking them off cuz they are so quiet! i can actually hear the radio

ya big names but i think i'll pass. too rich for my cheeep azz

Yeah, it's expensive

So I think it is so expensive because they have some big name instructors. I still can't upload the pdf so I'm going to copy paste what it says.

Old 11-08-2006, 07:02 PM
hey roger. ya got them on for laguna seca. now taking them off cuz they are so quiet! i can actually hear the radio the top end felt very restricted but the bottom end felt a little better.

Yeah, it's expensive

Old 11-08-2006, 07:11 PM
Banned
hey roger. ya got them on for laguna seca. now taking them off cuz they are so quiet! i can actually hear the radio the top end felt very restricted but the bottom end felt a little better.

Yeah, I didn't quite realize how expensive it was going to be. Hey, I remember you talking about having to tighten some bolts... what's the crankcase breather oil catch can for? I don't think I have one...

Yeah, told ya those mufflers are really quiet

Old 11-08-2006, 07:15 PM
Yeah, I didn't quite realize how expensive it was going to be. Hey, I remember you talking about having to tighten some bolts... what's the crankcase breather oil catch can for? I don't think I have one...

Yeah, told ya those mufflers are really quiet
the bolts i tightened was the cam cover. still is leaking. needs to go in for a new gasket.

the oil catch can is to trap the oil from the crankcase breather. it prevents the intercooler from getting clogged. since you don't have an SC you don't need one.

Old 11-09-2006, 01:57 AM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
Guys, I have been working with Unlimited laps to do a track day early next year. We did have over 60 porsches at Thunderhill and the cost is around $250. It was a blast and I plan to organize another one shortly.

I will keep you all updated on dates. Most likely it will be Thunderhill again.

thanks

Old 11-09-2006, 02:03 AM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
Guys, I have been working with Unlimited laps to do a track day early next year. We did have over 60 porsches at Thunderhill and the cost is around $250. It was a blast and I plan to organize another one shortly.

thanks
THAT was a fun event

Old 11-09-2006, 10:39 AM
Banned
Wow, that looks much more reasonable. Do you know if they offer classes as well? I love to take a class or two before they let me loose on the track. I rather not have a close encounter with any barriers if I don't have to

Old 11-09-2006, 10:40 AM
Itzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond reputeItzkirb has a reputation beyond repute
I can teach you, just ask Brian

Old 11-09-2006, 10:40 AM
Brian Haske is infamous around these partsBrian Haske is infamous around these parts

thanks
That sure was a fun event,

Watching Kirby's spin.
Are you gonna bring the RR too Fred? Will you still have it by then??

Old 11-09-2006, 10:42 AM
Wow, that looks much more reasonable. Do you know if they offer classes as well? I love to take a class or two before they let me loose on the track. I rather not have a close encounter with any barriers if I don't have to
yes there is instruction.

http://unlimitedlaps.com/

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Last Bay Area Group Drive of the Year