Scheduled Events 6Speedonline.com is growing fast thanks to its growing international community. This forum has all the latest plans and schedules for 6speedonline events and Porsche gatherings.

12/16/06 MD/DC/VA Toys for tots charity meet!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 01:40 PM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
12/16/06 MD/DC/VA Toys for tots charity meet!

Some of us wanted to do something nice for kids this holiday season, so we're hosting a meet at Nottoway Park in Vienna, VA on December 16th at 1pm to collect toys and take some nice pictures before winter weather rolls in. We'll have some photogs on hand to get everyone some pics of their ride. Hopefully a couple of models will be stopping by as well :thumbup:

Everyone is welcome to attend but we ask that you please bring a new, packaged toy to donate to TFT. It can be any type of non-religious toy and need not be large or expensive. Anything helps! Some of us will then take the toys to a drop-off center at the UPS Store up the road in Fairfax.

A great turnout is expected, and this is a good way to help kids during the holiday season

Nottoway Park and the Hunter House are located at 9601 Courthouse Road in Vienna. The park may be reached by taking Beltway Exit 49 (Route 66) west to exit at Route 243 or Nutley Street north. Turn left on Courthouse Road from Nutley Street and the park entrance will be on the left.

We are guests in the park, please behave responsibly.

Old 12-01-2006, 09:37 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds good! Count me in...

Old 12-09-2006, 06:21 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds interesting. A bunch of my P-Car friends and I were planning on doing a meet that Saturday anyway, but this sounds like we can at least make it productive. How many folks are expected to come?

Old 12-10-2006, 05:53 PM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
So far there has been 50+ cars that said they would be coming. You should definitely come with your friends. I will be bringing a few models as well

Old 12-11-2006, 10:37 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Models !!!!!!!!!!!

That's all you had to say.

Are we going to be cruising as well or just staying at the park?

Old 12-11-2006, 12:13 PM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Ahmad,

That is really great that you are organizing this. I wish I could attend but I'm in Baghdad until June.

Hope you guys get some good weather and a nice turn out !!!

Old 12-11-2006, 12:30 PM
Well, we thought about going for a cruise but decided that it would not be a part of the event (because some people will be coming to see the cars and wont want to go for a cruise). Having said that, I would love to go on a cruise afterwards and I know many others would as well. In other words, the cruise isnt part of the event but may happen afterwards.

Thanks Gunther. I cant take full credit for this as there are many other people that are helping organize this as well. We plan on doing bigger charity events in the spring. There has been alot of interest (I even spoke to Santana Moss's agent and he would like to come to the next one) and we will be doing it for different causes. Stay safe over there and I hope we can hit a track together in the spring.

Last edited by blackbenzz; 12-11-2006 at 12:34 PM.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:19 PM
That sounds terrific. We're looking forward to it. A cruise afterwards for anyone that wants to go would be fun. Thanks to all those individuals pulling this together and I'm looking forward to attending more events following this one.

Old 12-11-2006, 09:06 PM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I'll be there - there is a thread on the local Evo board, too. A bunch of those guys (good dudes) will be there, too.

Old 12-11-2006, 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
I'll be there - there is a thread on the local Evo board, too. A bunch of those guys (good dudes) will be there, too.
Cool. Yea we posted on several different websites. To tell you the truth it will be mostly BMW's. There will be a nice mix of cars though.

Old 12-12-2006, 01:02 AM
topspn is infamous around these parts
Ahmad,

Hey I might actually be able to come to one of the things you're helping put together...That's a nice change for me... :-) Do you need a confirmation or can it be a last minute thing?

Regards

Old 12-12-2006, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by topspn
Ahmad,

Hey I might actually be able to come to one of the things you're helping put together...That's a nice change for me... :-) Do you need a confirmation or can it be a last minute thing?

Regards
Sounds good. No need for confirmation, just show up with a toy Hope to see you there.

Old 12-12-2006, 10:14 AM
gxlex is infamous around these partsgxlex is infamous around these parts
I'll be there and hopefully the good weather will last till then.

Old 12-12-2006, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Sounds good. No need for confirmation, just show up with a toy Hope to see you there.
I take it you know Ashley (that posted on the Evo board)? I look forward to meeting you guys!!

Old 12-13-2006, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
I take it you know Ashley (that posted on the Evo board)? I look forward to meeting you guys!!
Yes. This whole event originated between several of us on eastcoasteuro.net I believe I met you at one of our meets at Burke lake, or at least I thought I did haha

Weather is supposed to be great for mid December!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 12/16/06 MD/DC/VA Toys for tots charity meet!