Scheduled Events 6Speedonline.com is growing fast thanks to its growing international community. This forum has all the latest plans and schedules for 6speedonline events and Porsche gatherings.

Next Seattle GTG - when is it?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2007, 10:59 PM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
Next Seattle GTG - when is it?

C'mon guys, weather is getting NICE!

Throw out some date/drive suggestions.

I'm always up for Chuckanut, Leavenworth, Ranier, etc...

Old 02-03-2007, 01:38 AM
schnazzy is infamous around these parts
I'd settle for a meet. I haven't been to any meets or gone on any drives and pretty much haven't met any of yooz. Eastside, Northend, whatever.

Schnazzy

Old 02-03-2007, 01:59 AM
David_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of light
I'm up for anything. It looks like the weather is turning back to rain after this weekend. I hope that doesn't stick around too long.

Old 02-03-2007, 03:00 AM
willcoxmd is infamous around these partswillcoxmd is infamous around these parts
I think we need to make the next get together a serious drive! Don't get me wrong, i love the meets and catching up with everyone, but its time we have a crazy-*** road trip! lets have everyone start posting their favorite roads?

Personally, I love driving to Cannon Beach (make a weekend out of it) I'm up for anything.

Old 02-03-2007, 04:57 AM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by willcoxmd
I think we need to make the next get together a serious drive!
I agree, shooting the s*** is all fine and good but our cars weren't meant for the parking lot.

Cannon Beach is another excellent possibility. We need to get our next big drive in Spiel (http://www.pnwr.org/Spiel)<- in case you don't know. I vote for Jason to write it...he's already got one article on the books

Old 02-04-2007, 10:55 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
I agree too! I've been itching to go on a drive! I'm finally getting my cargraphic exhaust installed on Monday!!!

Ben, you caught my article, eh? Cool! I came back from Snow Mass yesterday when a random guy came up to me at the airport asking if I was the one who wrote that article.

Old 02-05-2007, 12:11 AM
schnazzy is infamous around these parts
It would be great if we could meet at place that is easy to access because I don't like taking my car off the trailer when I tow it around.

Old 02-05-2007, 01:01 AM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
I have my car running MUCH better now and still want to change the plugs....And since I moved to Seattle and have not been to Cannon beach. Why not!

Old 02-05-2007, 02:04 AM
19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute
Hopefully it gets warmer soon. What did that damn groundhog say? I’m tired of slipping around on the ice every morning. My favorite rode is Blewett pass, a little far away for just a casual drive. I think it would be cool to have a little F1 kick off party and drive. Find some nice roads to tear up and eventually meet up at a place to get some food and watch the race. Melbourne is on March 18th and the race is on in the evening. Just an idea.

It would be cool to do what willcox said and put together some ideas for our favorite roads. See if we can come up with a route, meet up and hand out maps or something. I think it would be bad *** to get a procession of p cars bombing through the I-90 tunnels around the floating bridge. That roar would sound soo cool. Tunnels, tunnels, tunnels.

Either way we need to find some fun roads, especially without cops. I just got another ticket going to Cheney. I was going 78 (70 limit) on I-90. The state trooper went off roading through the waist high weeds and dirt in the median and followed me for a mile. I got a ticket for going 80. I set the speed control high because I’ve never got bothered for doing anything under 10 on a highway. I wasn’t asked to sign the green slip, which I found strange, maybe I can get off it.

Old 02-06-2007, 12:49 AM
willcoxmd is infamous around these partswillcoxmd is infamous around these parts
I don't know Blewett pass, but it sounds like some mountains and twisty roads. I'm up for an all day kind of drive. My wife and I also went to Leavenworth last year, that was a pretty drive with some good roads.
I think my vote would be a Leavenworth drive. leave relatively early, spend a few hours in Leavenworth eating, drinking, etc! We could all head back together or some may want to spend the night there! Porsche party?

Old 02-06-2007, 01:15 AM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
Not that this is decisive criteria, but I'll be home for Spring Break on the weekends of Feb 17th and 25th. I vote for one of those!

I did the Cannon Beach run with a few 6speeders in July, and it was a blast!
Pictures from the drive here:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...t=cannon+beach

Old 02-06-2007, 03:29 AM
19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute
We would have to wait abit more until it warms up its still too cold for any Porsche fun over the pass, unless it’s the Cayenne. Plus the sand on the roads takes awhile to clean off, and it’s treacherous anytime before that. In July they even have a huge euro car get to gather over in Leavenworth. I have a cabin over on the Columbia river10 miles south of Chelan if we need a place to crash. Blewett is a ton of fun during the summer. The roads are smooth and are favored by a lot of sport bike riders. It’s got many twists, some even have a slight banking to them. It has great scenery too. Not as dangerous as US 2 because it has plenty passing lanes and is well maintained.

We should have a small run soon though. Just need to find a day when the roads heat up. I always thought it would be cool to have a night run around a little predetermined route. Like you said we’ve done the sit around and look, kick some tires. That just isn’t fun to do all the time. I think the f1 race would be cool to see as a group. I don’t know how many of you are into racing. But after hearing those revs your gonna want to go burn up the road. I might possibly be moving soon, otherwise I would hire a catering company and dinner would be on me. We could watch the race and then go for a run. Hopefully soon I can pull that off. At least I might be getting a bigger garage!

I’m pretty sure Carjeda knows of a heavenly hidden road around Leavenworth.

By the way, did I hear rumors of someone getting rid of a certain yellow GT2?

Old 02-06-2007, 04:03 AM
WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !WyattH Is a GOD !
19000RPM - Good points about the weather. But hopefully roads west of the Cascades would be okay even in Febrauary (like Cannon Beach, Or 101 through the peninsula). And that is awfully generous about your offer!! +1

Old 02-07-2007, 04:02 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
I am down for whatever... my car is gone for a week or two at Fordahl getting suspension and some other tweaks done to it, then it goes to the paint shop to get fixed.. maybe I will ride with someone if my car is gone still

Old 02-07-2007, 05:13 PM
Bruce, you aren't invited anyway. You left the wedding without saying goodbye.

Fun reception though, eh??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Next Seattle GTG - when is it?