Scheduled Events 6Speedonline.com is growing fast thanks to its growing international community. This forum has all the latest plans and schedules for 6speedonline events and Porsche gatherings.

RENNSPORT REUNION II: 6SpeedOnline Member Delegation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 10:58 AM
Greyghost is infamous around these parts
So whats the concensus on Friday early dinner? Is 4:00pm cool and if so where do we want to go? John Revis, do you have any suggestions for somewhere good to eat?

Old 04-20-2004, 11:53 AM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
By the sounds of it....We're all a bunch of senior citizens...Eating dinner at 3:30pm ....Wild bunch.....

Old 04-20-2004, 12:15 PM
Alright pops... simmer down with the attitude.

Old 04-20-2004, 12:22 PM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by RDH
By the sounds of it....We're all a bunch of senior citizens...Eating dinner at 3:30pm ....Wild bunch.....
Yeah Pops,

But the senior citizens will not be drinking from 3 until .....

Old 04-20-2004, 12:51 PM
john revis is infamous around these parts
sounds like you guys are looking for early bird specials? you know, of course, the portions are smaller....godd place to eat in Daytona? Personally, I always go to Orlando, but if I had to eat here, there is a a fairly good place, Carribean Jacks, on the river. Reminds me a little of Ft. Lauderdale. Outside bar, music. There is a new place, Stock Exchange, at the Marina. I ahven't been there yet, but it's in a good location. Again, outside bar and plenty of parking. They are only about a mile apart, so both might be an idea, especially for drinks. Both are on Beach Street downtown. Another fun place is the Ocean Deck, right on the ocean, usually reggae band downstairs. You can walk outside onto the beach. Give me a little more info as to what you want and I'll come up with some other ideas. (stay away from Bubba Gumps and Adobe Gilas...yuk) Oh, yeah, there is a re-done Mexican place near the speedway. It's ok.

Old 04-20-2004, 01:00 PM
I think as long as it has decent (safe) parking, good food, and alcohol it will probably work for most of us. I wonder if we should call ahead to any of these places and try to get a reservation? Rob?

Old 04-20-2004, 01:30 PM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
I say one of those places on the beach..Preferably the nicer and safer parking one for low riders...no scrapes.. I'm in...

Old 04-20-2004, 01:37 PM
All my friends drive the low riders....

Old 04-20-2004, 01:38 PM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
Originally posted by RDH
Hey Gramps... one of you senior citizens hooking up with the AARP discount at the hotel???

As far as Friday goes... I would be up for whatever. It's not like we won't be be there all of Saturday. We can still go out once we get back or just have some drinks by the pool.

Just an FYI... the track tourning is now scheduled for the afternoon with the last group finishing by 4pm. Not sure what our tour time is.

Old 04-20-2004, 01:40 PM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Sloth
Hey Gramps... one of you senior citizens hooking up with the AARP discount at the hotel???

As far as Friday goes... I would be up for whatever. It's not like we won't be be there all of Saturday. We can still go out once we get back or just have some drinks by the pool.

Just an FYI... the track tourning is now scheduled for the afternoon with the last group finishing by 4pm. Not sure what our tour time is.
Did you already sign up for touring? If so how?

Old 04-20-2004, 01:41 PM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
Originally posted by RDH
I say one of those places on the beach..Preferably the nicer and safer parking one for low riders...no scrapes.. I'm in...
I am down with that, especialy the Raggae bar. Same as you guys though... someplace with safe parking and easy access. I do not mind having to walk, but would rather not park on the street.

Old 04-20-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Gary (Fl)
Did you already sign up for touring? If so how?

Gary,

AFAIK.. Track touring is by car type. Probably something like the rear engined cars, front engine water cooled, and mid engined cars. I have not heard of any signup, just be ready to go when the 911 group goes out.

Old 04-20-2004, 04:42 PM
RDH
How about like a casual gathering at that beach side place for drinks and appetizers etc... then for dinner we do it at this pasta/steak resturant thats in the same Heathrow complex the hotels in...? Luigianos great steaks and pasta....(its very good) 7 pmish?? Just a thought

Old 04-20-2004, 04:54 PM
NYSEGuy is infamous around these parts
Safe Parking

Last time I drove by the Pink Pony on Ridgewood, they had a chain link fence around their parking area...

Old 04-20-2004, 09:17 PM
Here is some info...

http://www.theracesite.com/index.cfm...m_article=6808

Of particular interest...
On Friday, Porsche enthusiasts will have the opportunity to take Fan Touring Laps on the 3.56-mile road course. Fans can purchase tickets for the Touring laps at the PCA model specific car corrals down Lake Lloyd Road. The cost for Touring Laps is $20 per car, 100 cars per group (Porsche model specific).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RENNSPORT REUNION II: 6SpeedOnline Member Delegation