Scheduled Events 6Speedonline.com is growing fast thanks to its growing international community. This forum has all the latest plans and schedules for 6speedonline events and Porsche gatherings.

RENNSPORT REUNION II: 6SpeedOnline Member Delegation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-04-2004, 08:54 PM
Greyghost is infamous around these parts
RENNSPORT REUNION II: 6SpeedOnline Member Delegation

APRIL 23rd-25th, 2004

Porsche Cars North America, Daytona International Speedway & Brian Redman’s Intercontinental Events are proud to announce Rennsport Reunion II. This event will bring together an unprecedented gathering of significant Porsche vintage racecars owned by private collectors, Porsche Club racers, former Porsche factory drivers and a selection of historic cars from the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart, Germany. It will feature a three-day program of on-track competition plus a concours d’elegance, which will be open to the event’s participants by invitation.

The first car bearing the Porsche name will be the centerpiece of vehicles commemorating significant anniversaries of the Porsche 356 Speedster, 550 Spyder and 911. Porsche 356 No. 1, the first Porsche will be on display to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Porsche 356 Speedster. Sent by the Porsche Museum in Germany, it will join other significant Porsche 356s including the Porsche Museum’s America Roadster, the third Speedster built, and the second Carrera Speedster created in a special Anniversary exhibit.

The Porsche Museum also is sending over the famed Fletcher Aviation Porsche 550 Spyder to acknowledge the 50th Anniversary of the first Porsche model developed specially for racing. Numerous 550 Spyders including those from the Collier and Brumos collections will accompany it at Porsche Rennsport Reunion II.

Paying tribute to the 40th Anniversary of the Porsche 911, Porsche Rennsport Reunion II will showcase famous 911 racecars, feature a chronological display of 911s, and conduct a pair of races exclusively for the evergreen Porsche model. Headlining the many 911 and 911-based racecars entered are the Porsche Museum’s 911 RSR that scored an overall victory in the 1973 Targa Florio and the Brumos Collection’s 911 RSR that was an overall winner in the 1977 24 Hours of Daytona. A special “40 Years of the Porsche 911” production car exhibit organized by the Porsche Club of America is expected to contain an example from every 911 model year – from an early 1963 prototype to the latest 2004 40th Anniversary Special Edition.

Join the 6SpeedOnline Member Delegation to Daytona on Friday April 23rd by posting to this thread. Members will meet before the event at the Home Depot Located at 2455 International Speedway Blvd (map below) on Friday morning around 9:30a-10:00a prior to entering the grounds as a group. Please have tickets in hand to expedite the procession.

Dinner plans and gathering locations are still being finalized so subscribe to this thread and check this post frequently.

6SpeedOnline MEMBERS TO ATTEND: (22 confirmed)
GreyGhost
Sloth
Gary FL
RDH
tuner
James
lexpro
JON913D
NYSE Guy
Jax03C4s
RufMD
Orli930
XICO
Evan
Mike
Mitch
Julian
Alex
Steve
Orlando_Deke
CAPTLST
suckmyexhaust
John Revis (?)

To learn more, click here to go to www.gorace.com.

To purchase tickets to the event ($60 per person), click here.

Last edited by Greyghost; 04-18-2004 at 08:16 PM.
Old 03-05-2004, 06:20 AM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
Good job Britt...

Old 03-05-2004, 06:22 AM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by RDH
Good job Britt...
Life would be boring without Britt !!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-05-2004, 06:29 AM
RDH
RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !RDH Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Gary (Fl)
Life would be boring without Britt !!!!!!!!!!
Things would get done, they'd just look a hell of a lot more messy and disorganized.........
Case in point " OFFICAL pORsche Re Comunion tHrEad"

Old 03-05-2004, 06:48 AM
Greyghost is infamous around these parts
You guys are most kind but don't expect custom name tags, posters and all that stuff for this event.

Old 03-05-2004, 07:16 AM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by greyghost
You guys are most kind but don't expect custom name tags, posters and all that stuff for this event.
Britt, I don't expect anything except to actually wake up each and every morning...

Old 03-05-2004, 08:00 AM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
Hey Britt, The banner looks great. When are you going to get the Tshirts and the 10'x4' banner printed ? Glad we can always count on you to make our threads and meets presentable.

As posted on the unofficial thread...
If we wanted to park together we would do best to meet up somewhere outside the track so we could all drive in together. I know there is a Home Depot on Intl Speedway Blvd just off the interstate. Anybody want to set a time???

If we do this, it would also be a good idea if everybody already had their tix. Registration (ticket sales?) opens at 8am, perhaps we could meet at 9am at the Home Depot.

Earlier? Later?? Thoughts & opinions?

Old 03-05-2004, 08:01 AM
Toby Pennycuff is infamous around these parts
There are four of us from Dallas who are planning to attend. I think three of us are members here and also participate on Rennlist. We'll be there late Thursday night thru Sunday afternoon late. We're staying at the La Quinta inDaytona Beach, about 1 mile or so from the track. We'll look for you guys.

Toby

Old 03-05-2004, 08:03 AM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Gary (Fl)
Britt, I don't expect anything except to actually wake up each and every morning...
Actualy Gary, the only things you can expect in life are death and taxes.

Old 03-05-2004, 08:35 AM
RDH
You guys pay taxes?? I live on an Indian reservation.....an operate a church.

Old 03-05-2004, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by RDH
You guys pay taxes?? I live on an Indian reservation.....an operate a church.
Like two priests in a red Ferrari... you just drive the TT so you can do the Lords work quicker, right?

Old 03-05-2004, 12:37 PM
Fire Eater
MLA911 is infamous around these parts
I know that Evan had mentioned something about the Courtyard by Marriott, is this a consensus, or are there any other options as far as hotels being looked into? I need to adjust my shcedule a bit, but am working on attending. Thanks guys!!

Old 03-05-2004, 12:47 PM
RDH
Originally posted by MLA911
I know that Evan had mentioned something about the Courtyard by Marriott, is this a consensus, or are there any other options as far as hotels being looked into? I need to adjust my shcedule a bit, but am working on attending. Thanks guys!!
There are other options in the Daytona Beach area... the Courtyard was selected so as to meet and caravan in together (30-40 minute Highway drive) to the track. We will still be meeting whom ever at the selected location in Daytona Beach prior to entry etc...

Old 03-05-2004, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by MLA911
A few of us are staying at the Courtyard in Lake Mary, about 40 miles from Daytona. We are doing that so we can caravan in together. If you want to caravan in with us you would do best to stay at that exit. If you are wanting to stay in Daytona, I know there is a Hampton Inn, a Courtyard, and a La Quita all within a half mile of the track (along with a few others).

Last edited by Sloth; 03-05-2004 at 01:01 PM.
Old 03-05-2004, 01:00 PM
Fire Eater
MLA911 is infamous around these parts
GOTCHA!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RENNSPORT REUNION II: 6SpeedOnline Member Delegation