Scheduled Events 6Speedonline.com is growing fast thanks to its growing international community. This forum has all the latest plans and schedules for 6speedonline events and Porsche gatherings.

TX2K7 60-130 MPH Competition Results

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 12:10 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
TX2K7 60-130 MPH Competition Results

60-130 Competition

Had about 25 cars total sign up. Of those 25, 15 were Supra's, the others were a mix of Porsche, Viper, Corvette and Lexus.

Class 1 (Street Tire Class) Winner: Nick Diep Toyota Supra - 6.6 seconds (67 mm Turbo, no NOS)

Class 2 (Drag Radial Class) Winner: Bob Helms Toyota Supra - 4.8 seconds (88GT47, TH400, no NOS)

Class 3 (UNLIMITED) Winner: Stacey Barnett Viper GTS - 4.6 seconds (TT Viper)

Other Notables:

Sean with the Porsche GT2 - 7.7 seconds on street tires
Rich Homer - 4.9 seconds in his single turbo street Supra at 35 psi
Peter Blach - 5.1 seconds in my single turbo street Supra at 30 psi
Kelly Martin - 5.4 seconds in his TT Viper SRT-10

I will post a scan with everyone's results in the next few days... Thanks goes out to RAMI and ANNA as well as John Kreuger. Thank you so much for your help (AGAIN!!!!)

Peter

Old 03-19-2007, 12:32 AM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
man vralex should have been in this. his time with street tires would have beaten every time post there!

Old 03-19-2007, 01:11 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
I don't think so. Alex ran a 5.9 He would have been competative with all but the fastest cars. Mark would have been a contender for the top spots.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 03-19-2007 at 01:14 AM.
Old 03-19-2007, 01:22 AM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
I don't think so. Alex ran a 5.9 He would have been competative with all but the fastest cars. Mark would have been a contender for the top spots.
Look at the details on that run...two people and only 1.3bar of boost...check out post #17 at https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...t=76960&page=2

Old 03-19-2007, 01:27 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Wow. 3.84 that is insane. What tires were you running?

Old 03-19-2007, 02:30 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
man vralex should have been in this. his time with street tires would have beaten every time post there!
Different Variables would have been difference results. The track wasn't really hooking for some of the cars. I might buy a drift-box tomorrow so I can do some testing when I get home, I think with a little nitrous spool up low to mid 3s shouldn't be a problem with a proper 3.4L /80mm Supra.

Old 03-19-2007, 03:20 AM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Peter
What GPS device did you used to measure 60-130. What were the rules?

Vincent `

Old 03-19-2007, 12:07 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
Wow. 3.84 that is insane. What tires were you running?
see! i actually called that run too. alex said he was gonna run it and i said he would def run 3.8X and he did! you were on street tires right alex?

Old 03-19-2007, 03:19 PM
VRAlexander
Originally Posted by PorscheC4
see! i actually called that run too. alex said he was gonna run it and i said he would def run 3.8X and he did! you were on street tires right alex?
Yes, yes I was....I wish that I would have made the event so I could have Peter take her for a spin and get his opinion about who to line me up with ...Next year Peter, 'you can take that to the bank'.

Old 03-19-2007, 04:16 PM
A 3.84 on street tires? I have always liked and respected Alex a lot and have never before had reason to doubt him (I have seen some incredible vids of his TT). However those numbers on street tires defy physics.

Again, I want to make very clear that I think Alex is a great guy, but hooking up street tires for a 3.84 isn't possible, at least not in the world I live in.

Last edited by Dr_jitsu; 03-19-2007 at 04:23 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 11:25 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Sean, you are a great guy and a class act, thank you for coming to so many of the TX2K7 events... I too have NOTHING against Alex, but we all knew he wouldn't show... Have fun all and I look forward to seeing you again next year!

Peter

Old 03-19-2007, 11:52 PM
Peter,

How did the drags go today?

I think we should start a movement for more 60-130 competitions like the one you hosted. It really is a great way of replicating and measuring street performance without breaking the law, risking your life and doing massive damage to your car.

It would give people a justifiable competative outlet for going after maximum performance and entertain enthusiasts.

Old 03-20-2007, 01:44 AM
VRAlexander
A 3.84 on street tires? I have always liked and respected Alex a lot and have never before had reason to doubt him (I have seen some incredible vids of his TT). However those numbers on street tires defy physics.

Again, I want to make very clear that I think Alex is a great guy, but hooking up street tires for a 3.84 isn't possible, at least not in the world I live in.
I can understand your point...the tires are Toyo R1 'Competition only' soft compound tires...the best run I got on my P-Zeros was a 4.84sec 60-130...so tires have a HUGE play in the times...Keep in mind that this was done with the AX-22 which, as I previously stated, dont believe is correct...My AX-22 has recorded some 158mph 1/4mile times, which is not close to my strip time...again I would have loved to be there to see how the little turbo stacs up against all the big boys...next year I plan on attending with some fun toys...

Old 03-20-2007, 09:12 AM
I hope to see you at next years event, Alex. In formal competition with a third party verifying (we used a driftbox and and the lovely Ana/bikiniracer recorded the scores) there will be no naysayers.

A 4.8 is incredible and completely believable for your supercar.

Old 03-20-2007, 10:58 AM
Onelove,

Did you run in this event?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TX2K7 60-130 MPH Competition Results