Scheduled Events 6Speedonline.com is growing fast thanks to its growing international community. This forum has all the latest plans and schedules for 6speedonline events and Porsche gatherings.

AutoX School / AutoX #1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 01:18 AM
racerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to behold
AutoX School / AutoX #1

AutoX School

Date: Saturday, March 31. School & Exercises
Sunday, April 1. AutoX #1
Time: 8:30 AM - 5:00 PM

Location: Police Academy Training Facility, 7310 Slacks Road, Sykesville, MD, 21784 [google map]

Info: Have you ever heard of AutoX? Would you like to learn how to drive your Porsche to it’s full potential? The Chesapeake Region is offering you an opportunity to learn everything you want to know about this exciting sport at our annual AutoX School on March 31.

Autocrossing will help you discover your car’s capabilities and potential, making you a safer driver on the road and faster at the track. Novices and Hotshoes alike are invited. If you’ve never tried this sport, or if you’ve done it a dozen times, our team of instructors will make you a better, safer and a faster driver.

The classroom portion of the school will begin at 8:30 AM Saturday, to be held at the Police Academy Training Facility, 7310 Slacks Road, Sykesville, MD, 21784 [google map]. The classroom session, under the direction of Dan Dazzo, will cover the important aspects of the sport from terminology, safety, car set-up and dynamics to advanced driving skills. This class is mandatory for those wishing to participate in the hands-on driving exercises. After a short break, participants will then get some hands on training on the same course used by many groups including the MD state police. It is a great facility and we feel very fortunate to have been able to procure this location for the event. Thank you to Dan Dazzo and all of those who helped to coordinate the use of this facility!

The cost for this School (including the AutoX at Ripken Stadium on April 1) is $85. AutoX only is $35 (club members). Before you think, “I can save $50 by coming out to the AutoX and skipping the school” think about this; the same guys running in the top 5 will continue to be at the top until new drivers commit to learning to be better drivers. Seven years ago 2 of the fastest AutoXers in the Region took this school. Do you aspire to be the best you can? If so, we look forward to seeing you on March 31.

Registration

This year, the Chesapeake PCA is requesting that everyone use the new online procedure and sign up for all of this years autocross related events (including the school on March 31st)

Go to: www.clubregistration.net

Create an account, and then fill out Profile, Info on Vehicle, info on Driving Resume, and finally, a Medical Report and the I.C.E form (In Case of Emergency). ALL OF THIS IS REQUIRED. Future event registrations will be easier as much of this will be pre-populated. If you have any trouble setting up your account, please contact the site administrators through the link on their homepage.

Online registration closes 2 Days Prior to the Event. Only Pay Pal Accepted online. All Cash and Checks need to be brought to the event

As always, please direct any questions to Lee or Joe at autocross@pcachs.org

For registration questions Contact: Joe (443.528.4454) or Lee (410.477.6639) or email at autocross@pcachs.org

Old 03-23-2007, 10:26 PM
racerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to behold
Come on,......ANY DRIVERS OUT THERE ON 6SPEED.

You have to mod your car for some reason other than pimpin' yo ride!

Don't be scared, just come on out!

Old 03-23-2007, 11:48 PM
Former Vendor
Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !
Would love to but Hoviks big exotics run is the same day.

Old 03-24-2007, 09:17 AM
GarnetRedCoupe is infamous around these parts
Joe you landed a great location for the school, I'll be there in the 911.

Old 03-24-2007, 11:53 PM
sechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant futuresechsgang has a brilliant future
ill be at the next one...I am missing SOOOO MUCH by being gone from the 31st of march to the 7th of april...its amazing...

Old 03-26-2007, 08:26 PM
Steve, I looking forward to seeing you there!

Stryke, I look forward to meeting you and showing you how we roll! Autox is way under rated and we run about the best event around. Huge and fast!

"Drive it like ya stole it!"

Old 03-29-2007, 01:21 AM
MotoModz is infamous around these parts
Bump for a great event!!.....www.pcachs.org for details

If you can't make it to the school, at least come to the first auto-x of the season at the HUGE parking lot at Ripken Stadium in Aberdeen, MD Registration starts at 7:30 with the first car off between 9-9:30

well worth the drive if coming from Philly, DE area or wherever! Hope to see some 6-speeders out there!

Old 03-29-2007, 08:52 AM
Former Vendor
Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !Stryke Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by racerjsz
Steve, I looking forward to seeing you there!

Stryke, I look forward to meeting you and showing you how we roll! Autox is way under rated and we run about the best event around. Huge and fast!

"Drive it like ya stole it!"
I wish I could but as I said above I'm signed up for the charity run that day so I can't make it.