Scheduled Events 6Speedonline.com is growing fast thanks to its growing international community. This forum has all the latest plans and schedules for 6speedonline events and Porsche gatherings.

April 15th VA/MD/DC Social

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 07:54 AM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
The Georgetown cruise was cool and everything but can we do something that doesnt involve sitting in traffic this time?
I second this. We went to gettysburg one time that was good, but it doesnt nessisarily have to be that far.

Looking forward to seeing all the new toys..

Old 03-30-2007, 09:25 AM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
There are some nice country roads just outside of Rockville that I have been on before for a cruise. Out in the Olney and Brookville area.

Just 5 minutes from my house in God's country (Frederick) are some phenominal country roads that alot of motorcycle guys like to ride. If anybody is interested later on this Spring or Summer, I can map out a nice 20-25 mile ride up here. I know it is a haul for you guys in DC and NoVa (about an hour's drive)......but damn is it fun (can you say 158mph boys and girls??)...even though it's in God's country we have nice restaurants and 4 or 5 Starbucks up here as well.

Old 03-30-2007, 09:43 AM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by amerlemans
There are some nice country roads just outside of Rockville that I have been on before for a cruise. Out in the Olney and Brookville area.

Just 5 minutes from my house in God's country (Frederick) are some phenominal country roads that alot of motorcycle guys like to ride. If anybody is interested later on this Spring or Summer, I can map out a nice 20-25 mile ride up here. I know it is a haul for you guys in DC and NoVa (about an hour's drive)......but damn is it fun (can you say 158mph boys and girls??)...even though it's in God's country we have nice restaurants and 4 or 5 Starbucks up here as well.
OH man I would really like to run through "gods country". it makes me miss the days of living the the boonies of richmond (powhatan). I am sure that frednik run would be awesome... lets do it!

Old 03-30-2007, 11:06 AM
lax01 is infamous around these parts
We could take a drive down Clara Barton (those are fun roads) to Falls to Potomac Village...and then down River Road...always a great scenic drive....I know them pretty well and know some of the better roads in-between...

Old 03-30-2007, 11:35 AM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
Fredneck huh? I'm good with anywhere.

Old 03-30-2007, 03:43 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Fredneck huh? I'm good with anywhere.
Yeah, you have to deal with the ubiquitous redneck in his/her Rustang up here that thinks they have a race car but in a matter of 5-10 minutes I'm on any number of great country roads where you can open it up.......well worth it to me...not to mention the fact that you get more land up here (3.5 acres for me) . On the weekend, takes me about 40 minutes to get to Bethesda, about 50 minutes to Baltimore for a ballgame, an hour to Georgetown or Tysons Corner. I'm just not a city guy. North Central California (Sonoma) would be PERFECT.

Last edited by amerlemans; 03-30-2007 at 06:20 PM.
Old 03-30-2007, 03:45 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by lax01
We could take a drive down Clara Barton (those are fun roads) to Falls to Potomac Village...and then down River Road...always a great scenic drive....I know them pretty well and know some of the better roads in-between...
I've done that one before. Pretty nice.

Old 03-30-2007, 05:39 PM
racerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to beholdracerjsz is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by GarnetRedCoupe
Ha Ha How many seconds are you willing to spot me, lets not forget I have a 915 tranny!
4 Seconds!

Old 03-30-2007, 07:26 PM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
Let's make it a drive that ends up somewhere fun. We did a good run last year to Solomans Island....we didnt quite have the route down, but it was fun none the less.

A run to say Annapolis, on some back roads, that ended up at an outdoor crab feast...that's my kinda saturday!

Old 03-30-2007, 07:48 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like some great ideas guys. I like the Frederick Run and/or Solomon's. I'll be sure to bring the V1 with me just in case. I'm up for going anywhere FUN like Maxwell said. Maybe a nice Gentlemen's Establishment in West VA perhaps???

I'll also have a dash cam on my car to videotape the run. Last time I videotaped I caught one of my buddies getting busted by a Spotsylvania Sheriff's Deputy doing 107 in a 40. You had to see the video of the deputy fish tailing out of the parking lot. Hysterical.....not at the time, but surely right now.

Anyway, As a reminder, it is the Starbuck's on the corner of Rockville Pike and Old Georgetown Road in Rockville located in the Mid-Pike Plaza next to the Silver Diner.

Old 03-30-2007, 08:16 PM
BMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the roughBMWDEMON is a jewel in the rough
this is gonna be good!

Old 03-30-2007, 08:57 PM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
I hope I get my coilovers in by then!

I'm down for whatever

Old 03-30-2007, 09:24 PM
gentlemans club or solomons island is great with me! I am real excited to get together. anyone want to help out with a new exhaust before then??????

Old 03-30-2007, 09:50 PM
pjb
pjb has a spectacular aura aboutpjb has a spectacular aura about
u suck Burke! im in FL that weekend, but will catch u on the next one. try not to cause too much trouble

Old 03-30-2007, 10:20 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Paul,

Why don't you update your avatar you loser??!!!

Definitely will miss you there. BTW - Omar bought another 993 turbo just like yours. Well, yours was better, but this one he's got now may give your old one a ride for the money.

We'll try to stay out of trouble but no promises.

Berk

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: April 15th VA/MD/DC Social