Scheduled Events 6Speedonline.com is growing fast thanks to its growing international community. This forum has all the latest plans and schedules for 6speedonline events and Porsche gatherings.

Nationwide Track Rental at MIR 10/8/07

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 05:49 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
I forgot to mention on the last post, Ahmad thanks for putting on a great event, it was nice meeting you and all those Mercedes guys with those badass Mercs!

Old 10-08-2007, 06:14 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jamie furman
No I never did improve that 11.06 but I did run an 11.07 and I had a mph of 126.5 but I could never get that 1.55 leave again the 11.07 was a 1.60 short. I kind of got out of the groove when I tried to run both cars, if I had it to do over I would only bring one next time. Not only did I kind of lose the technique that was working, the track was getting a little greasy and it was getting even hotter if you can believe it, I saw 101 degrees in my car in the staging lanes at 4:30. I think we should do another one in a month or so if anyone is up to it, it should be a lot cooler and we should run better. I know it cost 800 for 8 cars all day and I think it costs 100 per car to bring more.
I really enjoyed meeting Chris and Mario! Super guys and honestly without their and advice and help I am not sure I could of run those times? 2 beautiful cars you guys had by the way although I am sure you didn't need me to tell you that. I also enjoyed meeting Derrick and all the other guys as well, super bunch of guys and I am glad I we all got to meet and have a good time. I am sure though we would have had a lot better time if it had been even just 20 degrees cooler, but all in all a really good time!
Jamie, I really enjoyed meeting you. Post your slip on the 1/4 mile time thread on the 996tt/Gt2 forum. You are right up there with that 11.06. Just think what a slightly larger set of hybrid turbos would do? I would love to go at it again in cooler temperatures, although my clutch was feeling it after several passes. I might spring for the Gt3RSR clutch come spring. Did you ever get your Ford GT running right? If you ever need anything, give me a shout. See you at the track.

Old 10-08-2007, 06:54 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Mario I appreciate it! I don't think there was anything wrong with the GT other than heat, the last time I took it out it was only 65 degrees and the car felt a lot stronger and ran better? I called Heffner and he told me to unhook the maf Mafia which I did, but it didn't run any better and on the return road it cut the power on the car and I had to hook it back up so I could keep running. He also told me that he has seen the GT's lose as much as 80 hp with temps like today from say a 60 degree day on his dyno and that he thought that was probably the problem or should I say symptom. So I guess that was the case? The car did run an 11.1 at 130 on the stock tires with a 1.88 short time so it wasn't too bad but still about 5 plus mph and probably .5 second off what it should of been running, but thats life. I was gonna put a set of tires on it to see what it would run but I just didn't feel like it, the heat was wearing me out! Me personally I like the GT2 clutch but I would be interested in seeing what you think of the GT3 clutch if you go with it, and think its better? All in all though I thought all 3 911's ran good and I don't think we have to scrap them yet for a 997 I think they still have some life left in them, quite a bit IMO.

Last edited by jamie furman; 10-08-2007 at 06:57 PM.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:12 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Did you ever get your waste gates set? Sometimes in the heat, the ECU might compensate and lower you boost. I saw 1.2 bar at the top of 4th (110-130 mph). Were you able to get a 1.2 bar reading?

Old 10-08-2007, 07:22 PM
I left them where you told me to put them at 15 threads in my case. I unhooked the negative on the battery for 10 minutes everything reset and thats when I ran 11.07 at 126 and change. After that it ran good every run.

Old 10-08-2007, 08:49 PM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
Thanks for coming out guys. I am going to get one more rental in before the extreme cold gets here. The high is gonna be in the 60's by friday, what bad luck! Sorry guys. I'm thinking sometime in November, any suggestions?

Old 10-09-2007, 04:15 AM
I think that sounds perfect!

Old 10-09-2007, 04:17 AM
Mario I never saw more than 1.1 bar at the top of 3rd gear, never pulled enough rpm's in 4th to get above 1 bar. I will probably experiment with it next time out.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Thanks for coming out guys. I am going to get one more rental in before the extreme cold gets here. The high is gonna be in the 60's by friday, what bad luck! Sorry guys. I'm thinking sometime in November, any suggestions?
Veterans Day.

Old 10-09-2007, 08:42 AM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
Jamie - good meeting you as well. With out a doubt, lower temps and both those cars are 10sec cars easily.

Today showed how much stronger the k24 and RWD of the GT2 made a difference (not to mention weight) mario and jamie were about a full second faster than my TT..Nice work guys..

I am in for anytime we do it again. I love it - tinker with your car a bit, go out and get instantanious feedback. I thought the 996's faired well, def not ready to trade mine on a 997 TT just yet, - the k16 turbos on the other hand may find a new owner

Old 10-09-2007, 09:11 AM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
Mario and Jamie - you guys should be really pleased with your times esp since it was in the high 90's and humidity was high - check out this post - https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=101205

Highlights - GT700 - 11.3 - also there is a guy who has the hybrid 18/24's that's best is 11.08.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:32 PM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
Veterans Day.
Are you gonna make me look at a calendar and find the date?

Edit: thats Nov. 11th which is a Sunday. It needs to be Monday-Friday. They dont do rentals on the weekends, thats when they have BIG events and test and tunes.

Last edited by blackbenzz; 10-09-2007 at 01:43 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Are you gonna make me look at a calendar and find the date?
Monday, November 12th. Average temps for that date is high 50's to low 60's, as long as we don't break anymore records.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:57 PM
Site Sponsor
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
What a fun day of racing!! Man was it hot...Mario nice seeing you again with your sick clean GT2, nice meeting Jamie and his fast line up of cars. Chris awesome drivin bro, 11's are around the corner man My car doesnt do well in this heat as evidenced by my times but i still ran an 11.37@122 so not too shabby, after some colling mods and some cooler weather those times go lower.

Old 10-09-2007, 02:52 PM
Thanks, jason, It got better after some of your wise words of advice, but I guess a 12.1 @ 116 on 19's aint so bad..

I saw a bunch of people snapping pics lets get them up, so everyone can see how much fun we had! Lets get more than 3 Porsches out there next time!

I have a bunch but the GF was taking them and they are all of my car (rightfully so...haha)

Last edited by cohare; 10-09-2007 at 02:58 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nationwide Track Rental at MIR 10/8/07