Scheduled Events 6Speedonline.com is growing fast thanks to its growing international community. This forum has all the latest plans and schedules for 6speedonline events and Porsche gatherings.

Nationwide Track Rental at MIR 10/8/07

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 03:04 PM
95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by cohare
Thanks, jason, It got better after some of your wise words of advice, but I guess a 12.1 @ 116 on 19's aint so bad..

I saw a bunch of people snapping pics lets get them up, so everyone can see how much fun we had! Lets get more than 3 Porsches out there next time!

I have a bunch but the GF was taking them and they are all of my car (rightfully so...haha)
Cohare: I snapped a few of your car leaving the line and in the "pits" and will put them up later.

Jamie: Ive got a few of the Red GT running that I can throw up here as well (I was the guy standing aside and moving your tires as you hooked the trailer backup to your truck right around 5pm)

I also took a video of the GT vs. the Z06 that I can put up once I get it edited (not the best of videos, but it shows the whole race and outcome).

Old 10-09-2007, 03:19 PM
Sniz is infamous around these parts
Good meeting all you guys yesterday. I'm in the one running around in the 335 BMW. I downloaded the pictures I took yesterday, but my friend who was with me has close to 10 Gigs worth he took that he has yet to download. Here are mine, I'll post a link to his later.

Again great to meet you, hopefully can do it again. For me I just want to get into the 12's w/ stock tires and I'll be happy!

to view all pics I downloaded go here:
http://s138.photobucket.com/albums/q...slideshow=true

If you want the full res versions let me know as well

I'll try and post these in some sort of relevant order.

Matt

Last edited by Sniz; 10-10-2007 at 04:50 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:23 PM

Old 10-09-2007, 03:28 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by blackbenzz
Are you gonna make me look at a calendar and find the date?

Edit: thats Nov. 11th which is a Sunday. It needs to be Monday-Friday. They dont do rentals on the weekends, thats when they have BIG events and test and tunes.
Veterans Day is a federal holiday and it's observed on Monday the 12th.

Last edited by 9Eleven; 10-09-2007 at 04:08 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:30 PM
gxlex is infamous around these partsgxlex is infamous around these parts
I will join you guys for the next event Nov.12 is good for me.

Old 10-09-2007, 05:19 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Chris thanks for the kudo's, I do think Mario and I could run some 10's in the cool weather. On the GT700 you really never know weather its the driver or what is the reason for the times? Though I do think the GT2's have an advantage with their big turbo's and light weight right out of the box, chip em and exhaust and you got a pretty strong turbo! I think the 4 wheel drive cars need a lot more horse to run as good IMO. Also I like the pictures, the more the better!

Old 10-09-2007, 07:20 PM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
Veterans Day is a federal holiday and it's observed on Monday the 12th.
I'm not off that day but I think that would be a good day. I would prefer a friday but holidays are even better. If its bad weather this time I can blame you lol J/K!!!

Old 10-09-2007, 07:20 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
You know what, SCREW this SH&T. No one wants to buy my car anyway so what better way to make use of it then to TRACK it. Count me in as the 5th Porsche (possibly the slowest) after Van (GXLEX) for Nov 12. My schedule is open so far.

Old 10-09-2007, 08:29 PM
SEAN 996 is infamous around these partsSEAN 996 is infamous around these parts
Monday the 12th sounds good to me. I'm in.

Old 10-10-2007, 11:01 AM
Originally Posted by jamie furman
On the GT700 you really never know weather its the driver or what is the reason for the times? Also I like the pictures, the more the better!
Jamie,
Question on your GT...sounds like you have that upgraded from stock? What do you have done?

Also I'll keep the pics coming as I get them. I looked through my friends pics real quick last night and saw some real good ones in there. He got a close up pic of a smoldering pile of rubber left by the black supra....I'll try and get that one up too.

boochook - got your IM but I cant respond since I dont have enough posts. I would love to make it the meet, but my brother is coming in from Montana for the weekend so unless i can convince him I'll have to stay in MD. Thanks for the invite though! If the MIR rental gets set up again next month im' 100% there.

Last edited by Sniz; 10-10-2007 at 01:23 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:08 PM
95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of95RogueM3 has much to be proud of
Jamie's Ford GT vs. Corvette Z06:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlmdEpN4dAc

Jamie's Ford GT (11.1 pass @ 128mph):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd1JmdtM150

Last edited by 95RogueM3; 10-10-2007 at 04:12 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:07 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Damn Jamie, on a cool day that Gt is a 10.7, 10.8, car trapping over a buck thirty. I am very tempted to buy one, but they are starting to ask ridiculous prices (175 plus) for them used. I should of jumped on one last year.

Old 10-10-2007, 05:10 PM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
Here are some. When they are uploaded to youtube the quality is greatly decreased. Keep in mind it was over 90 degrees and humid!!!
Jason 11.3 @ 122 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_LqnodK584
turbo BMW 328 10.8 @ 137 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpJ1YO1F8_I
turbo BMW M3 10.6 @ 136 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Acf9f_drYIg
turbo BMW E30 11.1 @ 126 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0op9MIfCfM
s/c M3 11.9 @ 116 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coeNSXkkvKc
Porsche GT2 11.07 @ 125 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gMPqGbaQ5g
Ford GT 11.1 @ 128 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd1JmdtM150
Supra 10.6 @ 140 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp0R01fBN5c
Turbo 328 vs. another supra http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6GOzbQlv0A

More to come

I booked MIR on Nov. 12th. I will start another thread tomorrow and link it here. I called one person and he already reserved 6 spots. My paypal is mercedeseclass@hotmail.com if you want to reserve a spot ($103).

Last edited by blackbenzz; 10-10-2007 at 05:13 PM.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:42 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
The GT has a 2.8 pulley instead of the 3.0 from the factory and that raised boost from 12 to 17 and a computer tune thats it. But that really normally makes a big difference but the heat just killed the car, I actually thought the tune might of been wrong because last November I ran 11.2 at 135 in 60 degree weather just shredding the tires, but I had a problem on my next pass with the car shutting down in the middle of the run so I put a Diablo MAF extender on the car last winter because the mass aif flow meter was overtaxed and was shutting the car down. I had not run it since, until Monday and when the car was only running 128, 129 range I thought the new tune was messed up, so I called my buddy Jason Heffner who did the tune and he told me to unplug the diablo and put the original tune back in which I did because he said he never touched that tune and to also look at the boost gauge at the top of each gear. Well the car ran the same with either tune, so that told me there was nothing wrong with the car that I could figure out, but if any of you know Jason he is definaltly the man when it comes to turbo's , superchargers and boost. First thing I noticed is I was only making about 15 pounds of boost and I told him that and he told me the reason the car wasn't making the boost or the power it did last November was the heat issue and he told me has seen GT's lose as much as 50 rear wheel horse in 90 degree weather with multiple pulls on his dyno. So I will take him at his word and see how it runs when the weather gets cooler, low 11's at almost 129 in 100 degree weather isn't all bad.

Mario if you decide you want a GT I know where some low or no mileage GT's can be found at msrp or less.

Oh yeah! Really cool video's!

Old 10-10-2007, 07:15 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Those vids are fantastic. I would have embarassed myself with the rest of you at that track.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nationwide Track Rental at MIR 10/8/07