Scheduled Events 6Speedonline.com is growing fast thanks to its growing international community. This forum has all the latest plans and schedules for 6speedonline events and Porsche gatherings.

Nationwide Track Rental at MIR 10/8/07

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 08:05 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Cool I am doing a 66 restomod GT 350 right now, 392 stroker with webers, dynoed 523hp. Its black with gold stripes, competition c4 with gear vendors and air ride suspension, total control etc. I am hoping it turns out to be a really trick piece, the only problem is getting the guy to finish it? He had the car 2 years and it almost done but getting him to finish it is another problem altogether. When Derrick said 67 I thought he meant something like this, because he was driving a vette at the track.

Old 10-12-2007, 08:25 PM
jamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond reputejamie furman has a reputation beyond repute
Derrick you said you are really into muscle cars? Well me too, the pictures of my L88 are on the link above, I actually restored the L88 myself everything but the paint job which a friend of mine did, and it is LACQUER! I love all brands but my favorite is Mopar. Here are a couple more you might like?

Old 10-13-2007, 01:33 PM
2SCOOPS is infamous around these parts
I'm with you Jamie. I love all kinds. I grew up in a Ford camp but I have owned one of all the American brands. Shoot me an email with some of your pics. I can't view your pics above. We may be able to share some notes with the Mustang. The vert below was my first car. My Dad bought the car right when I was born and it was given to me when I turned 16. I have Global West suspension, R&P steering with a gear vendor set up. Sounds close to what you have. Check it out.

Attached Images    
Old 10-13-2007, 01:35 PM
Site Sponsor
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^^Sick ride D-Man, I didnt even know you were a member here, this is where I "hang out most"

Old 10-13-2007, 03:06 PM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
Chris,

just call Kevin at Ultimate Motorwerks and get hte GT3rs clutch with lightweight flywheel. It'll hold up to 650hp, and the lwfw will have you revving faster as well.

by the way, Tischer in MD will install it all for $1400.

Originally Posted by cohare
Ahmad - 11's you say?

Oh crap I am going to get the Drag Racing bug like I have with other cars, I will be sacrificing clutchs, creature comforts and any sort of non essential goodies just for a few 10ths... ****, this is going to get expensive..

Old 10-13-2007, 05:05 PM
Derrick I love the convertible, thats the way to go! Thats really cool the history of the car.

Old 10-13-2007, 06:16 PM
intence is infamous around these parts
i should be doing a photoshoot for derrick right after you jamie!

Old 10-13-2007, 07:08 PM
2SCOOPS is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the comments Guys! Jamie, if this car could only talk... Lots of stories come with this thing. J, I have always looked around in here. I just started posting not long ago. I've been looking for 996TT for a while so I look in from time to time. I can see why you hang here. Very cool site!

Old 10-13-2007, 08:20 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Derrick, is it true that the DA was over 2500 feet that day at the track? If that's true, we left 2 to 3 tenths of a second on the table. I took my car out today and ran some Driftbox GPS times. It was 48 degrees this morning and the car felt like it was given a shot of nitrous. The car was spinning in third. I ran a 7.8 second 60 - 130 mph. Of course KPG (Forum Dritbox Expert) will be doing the verification prior to the time being posted on the board, but man what a difference 45 degrees makes.

Last edited by 9Eleven; 10-13-2007 at 08:26 PM.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:22 PM
blackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of lightblackbenzz is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
Derrick, is it true that the DA was over 2500 feet that day at the track? If that's true, we left 2 to 3 tenths of a second on the table. I took my car out today and ran some Driftbox GPS times. It was 48 degrees this morning and the car felt like it was given a shot of nitrous. The car was spinning in third. I ran a 7.8 second 60 - 130 mph. Of course KPG (Forum Dritbox Expert) will be doing the verification prior to the time being posted on the board, but man what a difference 45 degrees makes.
Yea the DA was above 2000 throughout the day. It sucked!

Old 10-14-2007, 06:26 AM
Actually Derrick I just found the website a couple of months ago when I was looking for something Porsche and it has become my favorite!

Old 10-26-2007, 11:41 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Can I come out and be an observer and meet you guys even if I don't want to race my car? I'm not into drag racing my car but like to road race it. Sorry, I just can't justify the clutch abuse. How much to get in the door and hang out?

Old 10-26-2007, 11:50 AM
Sniz is infamous around these parts
^^^ beautiful Mustang.

Here are a few shots of my '69 Camaro that I lost 2 years ago in a garage fire......heartbreaking does not describe it. Car had a built 355 w/ digital FI, Viper T56, custom suspension, etc. Car was running really strong after putting on ported AFR heads and more aggressive cam, redlining at 7500rpms, never tracked it but now I wish I had. got upper 20's mpg when cruising.

Damn I miss that thing........

And after the fire

Old 10-26-2007, 11:53 AM
Sniz is infamous around these parts
ok back on topic....cant wait for the 12th, got an intercooler being installed on the 7th (would have really helped me earlier this month!) and hopefully custom exhaust will be in along w/ a new Piggyback tune.

And I'll still get smoked by everyone and have a great time doing it!

Old 10-26-2007, 12:06 PM
cohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura aboutcohare has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by landjet
Can I come out and be an observer and meet you guys even if I don't want to race my car? I'm not into drag racing my car but like to road race it. Sorry, I just can't justify the clutch abuse. How much to get in the door and hang out?
You can come watch for free!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Nationwide Track Rental at MIR 10/8/07