Scheduled Events 6Speedonline.com is growing fast thanks to its growing international community. This forum has all the latest plans and schedules for 6speedonline events and Porsche gatherings.

Seattle 6speeders.........Seattle to OceanShores......August 25th

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 11:17 AM
Sl33p3rS4 is infamous around these parts
Seattle 6speeders.........Seattle to OceanShores......August 25th

NWQuattro.com asked me to invite all you guys out becz everytime 6speed guys attend we all have a blast

Sound 2 Sea - Drive to Ocean Shores Beach

Saturday, August 25th, 2007

Meet up in Diamond parking lot across from SafeCo Field on the corners of 1st Ave and S Atlantic

Departing @ 9:30am

Griffiths-Priday State Park has many park benches to have a Cook out, bring mini grills and coolers stuffed with goodies or go to a resturant.

268 mile round trip

Should be a good turnout from the Audi crew......

Hope to see you guys out there

Old 07-18-2007, 12:07 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
Ocean Shores is off of my list of towns to visit in WA.

Old 07-18-2007, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by lig
Ocean Shores is off of my list of towns to visit in WA.
lol.......why is that?

Old 07-18-2007, 12:43 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
I'm worried that I might end up shooting someone in self defense and being charged with murder in the process.

I'm only 25% serious about this - having done some business and played some golf out there after this incident without any problems - but it'll be in the back of my mind.

If I go I'd definitely be driving a German car at least.

True story - it even had a book written about it:

From Publishers Weekly
On July 4, 2000, Minh Hong and his twin brother, Hung, arrived in Ocean Shores, Wash., to celebrate the holiday. When they stopped at a convenience store to buy fireworks, they were met by a group of drunken young white men—who resembled skinheads—yelling racial slurs. A fight erupted, leaving the leader of the group of white men, Chris Kinison, dead. Minh Hong was charged with manslaughter for killing Kinison, and suddenly the victim of a hate crime became the suspect in a criminal trial. Freelance journalist Neiwert, who became acquainted with the Hong family through eating at their teriyaki shop in Seattle, provides a fast-paced account of the events surrounding this altercation and Hong's trial. The circumstances surrounding the events of that day divided the town, uncovering racist feelings below the thin veneer of smalltown sociability. Neiwert weaves chapters regarding the legal aspects of hate crimes, the myths of hate crimes and the details of other well-known, and less-known, crimes, such as the killing of Matthew Shepard, into his narrative about the Hong case.

Old 07-18-2007, 12:51 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Very interesting lig.

Originally Posted by lig
I'm worried that I might end up shooting someone in self defense and being charged with murder in the process.

I'm only 25% serious about this - having done some business and played some golf out there after this incident without any problems - but it'll be in the back of my mind.

If I go I'd definitely be driving a German car at least.

True story - it even had a book written about it:

From Publishers Weekly
On July 4, 2000, Minh Hong and his twin brother, Hung, arrived in Ocean Shores, Wash., to celebrate the holiday. When they stopped at a convenience store to buy fireworks, they were met by a group of drunken young white men—who resembled skinheads—yelling racial slurs. A fight erupted, leaving the leader of the group of white men, Chris Kinison, dead. Minh Hong was charged with manslaughter for killing Kinison, and suddenly the victim of a hate crime became the suspect in a criminal trial. Freelance journalist Neiwert, who became acquainted with the Hong family through eating at their teriyaki shop in Seattle, provides a fast-paced account of the events surrounding this altercation and Hong's trial. The circumstances surrounding the events of that day divided the town, uncovering racist feelings below the thin veneer of smalltown sociability. Neiwert weaves chapters regarding the legal aspects of hate crimes, the myths of hate crimes and the details of other well-known, and less-known, crimes, such as the killing of Matthew Shepard, into his narrative about the Hong case.

Old 07-18-2007, 12:57 PM
lig
Hey Vincent -

Love the GT3, mang!

More here:

http://www.rickross.com/reference/su...macists26.html

IMO this is right up there with the Vincent Chin case.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vincent_Chin

Old 07-18-2007, 01:02 PM
wow.......pretty crazy stuff........well, you'd be surrounded by fellow enthusiasts this time and i doubt you'd have any problems.

I had a somewhat similar thing happen.....well not really.......Superbowl Sunday 2006 i got hit by a drunk driver and he attempted to flee the scene.

i chased him while telling the police where he was.......i was in a company car so i knew my *** was in a sling if i didnt attempt to do something.

it ended with him attempting to run me over and i shot out his back tire with my 9mm i had at the time.

i didnt get in any trouble though and the police laughed it off........i got my gun back 2 weeks later

i can definitely understand your dislike of OceanShores though

Old 07-18-2007, 01:03 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
How is the current situation in that area?

Old 07-18-2007, 01:09 PM
lig
I need to renew my CWP.

One of my Asian friends bought a weekend place in Ocean Shores about 4 or 5 years ago. She says she hasn't had any problems.

I went for a trade show a couple years back - played some super windy golf, worked the booth and spent the night without incident so who knows...

Of course I had the HK with my in the car.

Nice shooting, sleeper! Good on the police/prosecutors for not charging you.

Last edited by lig; 07-18-2007 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-18-2007, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by lig
I need to renew my CWP.

One of my Asian friends bought a weekend place in Ocean Shores about 4 or 5 years ago. She says she hasn't had any problems.

I went for a trade show a couple years back - played some super windy golf, worked the booth and spent the night without incident so who knows...

Of course I had the HK with my in the car.

yeah, after having to use the 9mm to defend myself i decided it didnt have the power i wanted and i picked up a Springfield XD45.......

they are some crazy *** people out there and i enjoy being a part of the living so im like to ensure that things stay that way

so, with all that covered, who would like to join the Audi guys for a drive to Ocean Shores?

Old 07-18-2007, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by lig
Nice shooting, sleeper! Good on the police/prosecutors for not charging you.
yeah, i believe he might have hit others as well.........big *** Dodge Ram with 38" tires on it........he smashed in my door and left swirl marks down the side of my company car.

The only thing the police asked was why i had a 9mm instead of a .40 cal

i responded that i had never planned to use it beyond the shooting range

Old 07-18-2007, 01:27 PM
lig
lol... i have too many 9mms to switch! .40 does sound like a superior round though.

Pretty funny response from the police

Old 07-20-2007, 01:36 PM
Pak317 is infamous around these parts
I went camping in ocean shores a couple of years ago with some friends and had no problems with the locals. I did however make sure I had my Kimber .45 and my ar15 with me though....

I'll try and make it out along if Vince will give me a ride in his GT3 RS.......

-paul

Old 07-20-2007, 02:10 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Never really liked Ocean Shores so count me out for this one.

Old 07-22-2007, 05:09 PM
well, my Audi is sold but i will have a new toy by the time this drive comes around..............

how much interest do we have in this???????

anybody????

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Seattle 6speeders.........Seattle to OceanShores......August 25th