Scheduled Events 6Speedonline.com is growing fast thanks to its growing international community. This forum has all the latest plans and schedules for 6speedonline events and Porsche gatherings.

Houston, TX - 8/4/07 Night Meet - FREE Food/Dyno/etc...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 06:33 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Hey, to everyone who showed up for the RSI event I am inviting you motor heads to Dallas for the Texas Jam!

the Texas Jam 07': Power Competition

The new date you selected for the Texas Jam 07' will be Saturday, August 18th. We will also leave September 1st as a back up date in case of rain again.

What: the Texas Jam 07' is an automotive power competition. How does it work? Simple, 5 cars from the Dallas/Fort Worth area and 5 cars from Houston battle it out on the dyno. Highest cumulative power wins the competition, trophies, bragging rights until next year, and honors in Turbo Magazine. This year we have one slot reserved on the DFW dyno roster for Austin. The primary sponsor for the event is Dynosaur Performance, who is letting all of the contenders spin their cars for F-R-E-E. In addition, Dynosaur Performance has reconfigured their dyno to read 1,500rwhp just for this event. You can expect to see a wide diversity of cars contending for their hometowns ranging from Vipers, Corvettes, Camaros, Supras, and cars with wicked motor swaps. Last years event brought out a HUGE crowd and landed us a 4 page spread in a national magazine, Turbo Magazine. This years event will be even bigger. This is the only event of its kind so make sure to come out and support your hometown heros. Pill up, boost up, and get ready for a gross display of power at the Texas Jam 07' Power Competition.

When: Saturday August 18th, 2007. Competition starts at 3pm.

Cost: F-R-E-E dyno pulls. Your only cost will be food and accommodation.

Where: Dynosaur Performance. 4551 West Bailey Boswell Road. Fort Worth, Texas 76179. 817 614 3740.

Who: EVERYONE come on out and support your city. Houston forum members, we caravan from Houston Saturday morning. Check the caravan thread for more details.

Threads from last year's event:

1. My pics.
2. Final 06' Results.
3. Vids.
4. Randy's Pics.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:59 AM
Pioneer Member
Scott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond repute
Dammit! I didn't see this until now...

Old 08-07-2007, 10:30 AM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Scott - no worries, the next Racing Solutions event will be on September 8th. Think: car show, bbq, music, models...

I will post details as they are made available to me.

Peter

Old 08-07-2007, 10:49 AM
Pioneer Member
Scott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond repute
Cool.

Will the dyno be available? I'm dying to establish a baseline on my E55 before getting a pulley.

Old 08-07-2007, 01:06 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Just a little video summarizing the Night Meet that Racing Solutions (www.racingsolutions.com) hosted for us here in Houston this past Saturday night. We had around 200 people and 80 cars show up. Ranging from Ferrari, to Porsche, to Viper, to Supra, to Vette, etc...

Thanks to houstonperformancedriving.com and Garrett for all the help on setting this event up. Thanks to Racing Solutions again for being such a gracious host, and thanks to Bret/Steve for strapping all the cars on the dyno!

Keep in mind the next Night Meet will be SEPTEMBER 8th at Racing Solutions. It will include BBQ, Car Show, Music and Models!

Enjoy the video:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/9...8300e6eba6.htm

Last edited by houstonT; 08-07-2007 at 01:22 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:08 PM
Scott, I'm sure I can work something out... FYI Racing Solutions is an authorized Kleeman distributor and is actually working on a CLS55AMG right now. I told the guy to register on MBWorld and here. He wants to do a step by step write-up on progress from bone stock CLS55 to Kleeman. I believe he got the package that includes the pulley, intake, headers and ECU. Call over to Racing Solutions and ask for Jarrett, tell him Peter sent you. He will take care of you... Their number is 281.752.9600
Peter

Originally Posted by Scott in H-town
Cool.

Will the dyno be available? I'm dying to establish a baseline on my E55 before getting a pulley.

Old 08-08-2007, 01:25 PM
eMJay1133 is infamous around these partseMJay1133 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by houstonT
Scott, I'm sure I can work something out... FYI Racing Solutions is an authorized Kleeman distributor and is actually working on a CLS55AMG right now. I told the guy to register on MBWorld and here. He wants to do a step by step write-up on progress from bone stock CLS55 to Kleeman. I believe he got the package that includes the pulley, intake, headers and ECU. Call over to Racing Solutions and ask for Jarrett, tell him Peter sent you. He will take care of you... Their number is 281.752.9600
Peter
How much is this package? How much HP does it produce?

Old 08-08-2007, 03:44 PM
I'm not sure where Racing Solutions is in the process of modding the car. I would call and ask for Jarrett, tell him that Peter sent you. He's a great guy to deal with and can update you on their progress. I know their plan was to document from stock to modded with dyno pulls.

You can call them at 281.752.9600
Peter

Originally Posted by eMJay1133
How much is this package? How much HP does it produce?

Old 08-10-2007, 08:52 AM
Phoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant futurePhoenix has a brilliant future
Peter,

So Powerhouse Racing is operating under the RSI banner now? Thx.

Old 08-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Phoenix
Peter,

So Powerhouse Racing is operating under the RSI banner now? Thx.
I believe Dusty purchased a majority share of Powerhouse, Jarrett moved away. Dusty purchae the majority of RSI's holdings, and brought Jarrett back to run the place.

Old 08-10-2007, 12:48 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Not trying to hijack but really would love to have a strong showing of P cars in Dallas
Robert

The new date you selected for the Texas Jam 07' will be Saturday, August 18th. We will also leave September 1st as a back up date in case of rain again.

What: the Texas Jam 07' is an automotive power competition. How does it work? Simple, 5 cars from the Dallas/Fort Worth area and 5 cars from Houston battle it out on the dyno. Highest cumulative power wins the competition, trophies, bragging rights until next year, and honors in Turbo Magazine. This year we have one slot reserved on the DFW dyno roster for Austin. The primary sponsor for the event is Dynosaur Performance, who is letting all of the contenders spin their cars for F-R-E-E. In addition, Dynosaur Performance has reconfigured their dyno to read 1,500rwhp just for this event. You can expect to see a wide diversity of cars contending for their hometowns ranging from Vipers, Corvettes, Camaros, Supras, and cars with wicked motor swaps. Last years event brought out a HUGE crowd and landed us a 4 page spread in a national magazine, Turbo Magazine. This years event will be even bigger. This is the only event of its kind so make sure to come out and support your hometown heros. Pill up, boost up, and get ready for a gross display of power at the Texas Jam 07' Power Competition.

When: Saturday August 18th, 2007. Competition starts at 3pm.

Cost: F-R-E-E dyno pulls. Your only cost will be food and accommodation.

Where: Dynosaur Performance. 4551 West Bailey Boswell Road. Fort Worth, Texas 76179. 817 614 3740.

Who: EVERYONE come on out and support your city. Houston forum members, we caravan from Houston Saturday morning. Check the caravan thread for more details.

Threads from last year's event:

1. My pics.
2. Final 06' Results.
3. Vids.
4. Randy's Pics.

Yes, Jarret seems like a nice guy but was exhausted Saturday night!
Cheers
Robert

Old 08-10-2007, 02:04 PM
Rob, we get the point. You posted the same exact lengthy banner at the top of this page. Please start a new thread if you are trying to get more ppl to show to the Dallas event, unfortunately I don't think it's going to be that busy an event...

Phoenix - no, Powerhouse Racing is still an operating entity and Jarrett is no longer involved in day to day operations. He is 100% focused on the day to day at Racing Solutions.

Peter

Old 08-10-2007, 10:58 PM
Originally Posted by houstonT
http://www.racingsolutions.com/merchant/RSIHPD080407/

More pics...

The meet was a huge success, had a great time bringing my car out and hanging out. Racing Garrett, Duy and the modified ZX-10 was fun too! We will be posting details about the September event soon, so keep your eyes peeled.

eclou, bmoores, F430 guy, etc.....it was very nice meeting all of you. Had a great representation of cars...Ferrari F430, 4 F360's, several 996TT's, GT2, 997 GT3 (BEAUTIFUL!!!!), Supras, Vipers, Vette's, Z's, etc...

robmd - dang, I just noticed pics of your car, when did you arrive? Why didn't you introduce yourself!!!!! Oh well, next time, maybe at the September event..........

As for Racing Solutions, yes, Dusty is now the majority owner. Jarrett H. of Powerhouse Racing is now running the shop. He has TONS of Supra, Porsche and Viper experience from starting/running Powerhouse. Hope to see you all again in September!

Peter
Peter
Yeah, I wish we could have hooked up Just showing my car off a little prior to the Texas Jam, I hope we can meet in Sept at the next meet! I do hope you can make it to the Jam next weekend. I think this year will bare some outrages numbers and I am hoping I can atleast secure a 5th seed?
Good Luck
Robert

Old 08-11-2007, 06:39 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Anyone planning on hitting the TexasMile in October? I am pretty sure some of the big tuners are planning on coming down to support their cars. The goal is to raise the bar from RUF

Old 08-12-2007, 10:35 AM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by eclou
Anyone planning on hitting the TexasMile in October? I am pretty sure some of the big tuners are planning on coming down to support their cars. The goal is to raise the bar from RUF

if there is a big showing......i will go...Its a long but fun drive there....from houston....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Houston, TX - 8/4/07 Night Meet - FREE Food/Dyno/etc...