Scheduled Events 6Speedonline.com is growing fast thanks to its growing international community. This forum has all the latest plans and schedules for 6speedonline events and Porsche gatherings.

Houston, TX - 8/4/07 Night Meet - FREE Food/Dyno/etc...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 08:40 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
What do you think they would say about someone running with no cage and 15 inch drag radials???? I just don't want to cut up my car and no point in going unless I have tire that hooks....???

Peter

Old 08-12-2007, 08:45 PM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by houstonT
What do you think they would say about someone running with no cage and 15 inch drag radials???? I just don't want to cut up my car and no point in going unless I have tire that hooks....???

Peter
should be no problem...tommy ran it last year...

Old 08-13-2007, 12:01 PM
houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !houstonT Is a GOD !
Yea, but Tommy had a cage and ran a road race tire. I'm talking NO cage and drag radials.
Peter

Originally Posted by drjoe
should be no problem...tommy ran it last year...

Old 08-13-2007, 07:50 PM
drjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the roughdrjoe is a jewel in the rough
Yea, but Tommy had a cage and ran a road race tire. I'm talking NO cage and drag radials.
Peter
Peter, you need a roll bar if you plan to reach 190mph+, but if it makes you feel any better, there was a turbo hyabusa hitting 230mph+ with NO CAGE and a nasty crosswind....no seat belt either.... there were some funny cars hitting that mph also....(and the person driving was laying completely horizontal....)......I predict you should be at 200-210 for sure so for your own safety, find out what those tires are rated at.
I linked the rules for you..
http://www.texasmile.com/EventRulesAuto.asp

Last edited by drjoe; 08-13-2007 at 08:09 PM.
Old 08-13-2007, 08:37 PM
Based on the rules and based on everything I've read, it looks like I would only have ONE shot to hit "my number" as they would kick me out after my first 200+ mph pass with no cage (no bar either, sorry, don't wanna hack up the car). Just not worth it to drive all the way out for one good pass........

Peter

Old 08-14-2007, 09:34 PM
Based on the rules and based on everything I've read, it looks like I would only have ONE shot to hit "my number" as they would kick me out after my first 200+ mph pass with no cage (no bar either, sorry, don't wanna hack up the car). Just not worth it to drive all the way out for one good pass........

Peter
get the bolt in bar like nick diep...

Old 08-15-2007, 12:04 AM
anthracite is just really niceanthracite is just really niceanthracite is just really niceanthracite is just really nice
Peter,
There is no hack up on the car when you only put a 6 points cage....that is the requirement for 190+mph. As for the tires, you will be just fine with your 19" right now.....come on now get some ***** and come support your buddy
Tommy

Peter

Old 08-15-2007, 10:11 AM
Tommy, "get some *****"???? I'm the one running to 190 on the streets racing bikes, what you mean???? There IS cutting when you get a 6-point. Just not as much as when you get a full cage.
Peter