Scheduled Events 6Speedonline.com is growing fast thanks to its growing international community. This forum has all the latest plans and schedules for 6speedonline events and Porsche gatherings.

September 9th - TX Airstrip Meet-n-Greet (German Car Shootout)...Mark Your Calendar!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 09:14 PM
darren_dallas is infamous around these parts
September 9th - TX Airstrip Meet-n-Greet (German Car Shootout)...Mark Your Calendar!

Hello Everyone,

It's official...the first installment of the TX German Auto Enthusiasts airstrip meet-n-greet will be held on September 9th. The event will be an all day affair from 9 am - 4 pm at a North TX closed airstrip.

To attend and participate in the event please RSVP by sending me the following information (email address
below):

Name:
Forum affiliation (mbworld, m5board, 6speedonline):
Forum screen name:
email address:
Car (make/model/year):
Mods (basic info, don't need anything top secret):
City & State:
Phone (optional):

I will forward physical address and other information for the airstrip through email. We will need anyone attending to RSVP to me so we can get a clear attendee count. I probably won't publish the specific location on the forums simply to discourage people from spontaneously showing up. Everyone is welcome to attend if they will just RSVP with me so I can plan ahead for all the necessary items (parking, food, portable bathroom count, controlled gate access, etc.).

If you'll be traveling in from out of town/state I will be more than happy to help you find lodging and also host you the night before so we can introduce ourselves and have some great laughs.

There are a few specifics regarding the closed runway you should be aware of before you decide to come:

1. We have approximately 4,000 feet to use
2. The runs will be 1/2 mile in length (2,640 feet)
3. The remaining distance will be used for braking and turn around
4. Two cars will run against each other
5. We can do standing starts and rolling starts (hope this will satisfy everyone)
6. The runway is not pristine and there are bumps. If you run very low profile tires I would probably swap them for taller rubber or not take the chance. Just my opinion, better safe then sorry. We took a M5 and M3 on the runway today and performed several high-speed (135 mph) and low-speed runs. The M5 has 35 series rubber on the back and it was totally fine. The M3 has 30 series rubber and it was a little harsher of a ride, but still acceptable. I just want to paint a conservative picture so you know what to expect. For many of us, these cars are our pride and joy and I'd hate for someone to be upset with me for not giving them a clear picture of what to expect.

The event will be a great time for all and we'll have multiple video cameras covering the runs and the event. This will be a family event so your spouse, girlfriend/boyfriend, and children are welcome as well (please don't bring your wife and girlfriend, choose one or the other so we can keep the drama down).

To RSVP please contact me with the above information at darren_dallas@yahoo.com or you may call me if you have additional questions at 214-783-2473.

I look foward to meeting many of you for the first time on September 9th.

Thank you,

Darren

Old 08-24-2007, 07:41 AM
DFW911T is infamous around these partsDFW911T is infamous around these parts
Great idea! Fast cars and no radar!

Old 08-24-2007, 08:02 PM
Any Porsche owners care to join us? So far we have a mix of AMG, M, plus some potential Lambos in the mix. We need some good representation from you all.

Cheers,

Darren

Old 08-25-2007, 11:36 AM
drewLS6 is infamous around these parts
my cars not german. does that mean im not allowed

Old 08-25-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by drewLS6
my cars not german. does that mean im not allowed
Drew,

I'd like to keep the cars attending the event somewhat unique or exotic. Send me a message and let's discuss.

Regards,

Darren

Old 08-25-2007, 05:42 PM
Imaj is infamous around these parts
"unique or exotic" I will be at the event with my Fiero then!

Old 08-25-2007, 09:20 PM
Originally Posted by Imaj
"unique or exotic" I will be at the event with my Fiero then!
Well, I guess that would qualify as "unique" nowadays. Just remember to RSVP with me and I'll be sure to confirm your attendance Oh, I forgot to mention, the gate requires a code and I'll send that with my confirmation email right away.

Old 08-26-2007, 03:11 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Sweeet a Fiero!

Guys I dont watch threads in the event section since I thought I was the only one who organized these things in Dallas. Darren thanks for stealing my thunder hahaha JK!!!!

Spoke to Darren last couple days this seems like a kick *** event and a great time... expecialy since the food will come from our Denison store

anyhow ill be watching this thread now so noone talk bad about my pizza!!

darren you need help hit me up bro

Old 08-26-2007, 03:34 PM
Dritan,

Thank you sir. Looking forward to seeing your Porsche Turbo in action. You better get that baby picked up next week.

I appreciate the support as well.

Regards,

Darren

Old 08-26-2007, 03:39 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by darren_dallas
Dritan,

Thank you sir. Looking forward to seeing your Porsche Turbo in action. You better get that baby picked up next week.

I appreciate the support as well.

Regards,

Darren
SIR?! Rem. I graduated in 01 hahahaha thanks for making me feel young

Cant wait for the event

Old 08-26-2007, 04:24 PM
caltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to all
I think the pizza man already gave you my info however if you need it please let me know. I am looking forward to this event!

Old 08-26-2007, 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by caltex
I think the pizza man already gave you my info however if you need it please let me know. I am looking forward to this event!
WOW all this organization and I get called "sir" and "pizza man" wow much respect

Darren this is the new 997tt ******* I told you about hahah

Old 08-26-2007, 04:29 PM
caltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to allcaltex is a name known to all
Hey Pizza man!
Thanks for the colorful introduction…. I will do my best to live up to the reputation….

Old 08-26-2007, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by caltex
Hey Pizza man!
Thanks for the colorful introduction…. I will do my best to live up to the reputation….
Anytime Computer nerd! I rather make pizza then have tape on my glasses

Ok sorry to jack your thread Darren back to the meet

Old 08-26-2007, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by globalm3
Anytime Computer nerd! I rather make pizza then have tape on my glasses

Ok sorry to jack your thread Darren back to the meet
You are pretty quick to run your mouth however I am looking forward to seeing how fast you can run your ride…. Let the games begin!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: September 9th - TX Airstrip Meet-n-Greet (German Car Shootout)...Mark Your Calendar!