Scheduled Events 6Speedonline.com is growing fast thanks to its growing international community. This forum has all the latest plans and schedules for 6speedonline events and Porsche gatherings.

NJ/NY - Bear Mountain meet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 03:09 PM
nerual is infamous around these parts
Suggestions?

Old 09-11-2007, 03:18 PM
Jbizzy21 is infamous around these parts
anyone up for a round 2 on this sunday? perhaps we'll have a bit better luck this time...

Old 09-11-2007, 03:40 PM
MCLC26 is infamous around these parts
Something that doesn't involve the Palisades would be good...I think the boys in blue have had their share of us for the time being...

Jbizzy, I was in the black 997S on Sunday - 2nd in line in the 'Palisades Pullover Party'...BTW, those wheels on the M6 were very cool - nice choice!

Old 09-11-2007, 03:50 PM
spg993tt is infamous around these parts
Hey, first, great idea, but af ew things:
1. i train on my bike up there and this month, as you might be aware, ALL NJ Police hae been given crazy marching orders to write like 3 tickets per hours. its wild on the GSP. so thats an issue;
2. there are two big events up there this weekend. a Tri and a cycling Time trial on sunday so the cops will be policing, monitoring all the roads and there will be delays, hold ups throughout. i know because i'm racing it on sunday and its always the case.
3. if you do do it, i think the best time might be saturday late afternoon. in my experience training and riding up there a ton, the most amount of cops are out in the morning.

just my two cents. let me know what you en dup doing. i could bring a gt3RS or a 964flatnose, or the 997 Turbo. you got cobalt, i got horizon blue.

Originally Posted by joecmess
I'd figure I would start a new thread - anyone interested in a meet this weekend? Bear Mountain was a great time. Any North Jersey folks have any ideas?

Old 09-11-2007, 04:06 PM
winternj is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Jbizzy21
anyone up for a round 2 on this sunday? perhaps we'll have a bit better luck this time...
I'm up for a ride, suggestions on a route? Perhaps a retry at the failed route last time, and we chill out on the palisades this time?

Old 09-11-2007, 07:59 PM
raclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to beholdraclaims is a splendid one to behold
Whatever we do I suggest no one posts the map or details on this forum...it worked well using PMs when we met at my house...just my 2 cents...I never enjoy my regular trips to traffic court.

How 'bout an evening at velocity 17 in maywood one nite? Those carts are a lot of fun.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:23 PM
valmeida is infamous around these parts
I have a suggestion. How about a nice Sunday morning drive through NYC. I have connections at Cityhall. I used to work for Giuliani and Bloomberg :-) I might be able to arrange something special for us. PM for details.

Old 09-12-2007, 10:13 AM
NYC sounds bad, because you can't negotiate tickets there. Whatever we're doing, I'll come along but I ain't drivin!

Old 09-12-2007, 10:41 AM
winternj is infamous around these parts
also -- NYC roads generally look like what I imagine it looks like in a war zone ....

Old 09-12-2007, 10:48 AM
Builds character; what doesn't kill you makes you stronger!

Old 09-12-2007, 12:38 PM
ive no problem with whatever anyone decides...just no palisades please lol...and sunday works much better for me than saturday...have a wedding to go to so im out if it ends up being saturday, but in for sunday...any other ideas besides bear mountain?

mclc-thanks on the wheels...i had chromes on it a while ago but they got bent three times thanks to the roads out here, so enough was enough...i kind of happened on those black ones by accident too, but what a good accident it was

Old 09-12-2007, 12:48 PM
You got any pictures up of the car with those wheels? I wanted to show them to someone. I guess I could just go take my own picture but I'm lazy!

Old 09-12-2007, 01:02 PM
lol...which wheels are you talking about? at this point i dont have any of the car with the flat black wheels (been meaning to take some just havent had time), but if u are talking about the chromes i do indeed have a few pics of it with those. just let me know which u meant.

Old 09-12-2007, 01:10 PM
The current ones. Go take some.

Old 09-12-2007, 06:18 PM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
FWIW, the police up there are murder...wear your seatbelt, there are checkpoints for that and everything else...

had one on my tail for 10 minutes..was doing like 15mph the whole time...

no fun..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NJ/NY - Bear Mountain meet