997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Options for power upgrades on 997.2S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 06:31 PM
steve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to behold
Options for power upgrades on 997.2S

I have a 2011 S and have a Fabspeed intake kit and otherwise stock for sound and power. Looking to add some extra hp and wondering what options others have taken and if they liked the investment. I have heard intake plenum, ECU flash. Really looking for somewhat budget steps first and go from there. Also my exhaust is too quiet. I read about the hack but dont know a shop locally that knows how to do it. I live in Phoenix.

Old 03-30-2018, 04:22 PM
diesel3147 is infamous around these parts
Mesa Muffler does the gundo hack....I think mighty muffler on cave creek does it as well

Old 03-30-2018, 06:21 PM
bhvrdr is infamous around these parts
If you want power upgrades that will actually improve acceleration times you'll need to supercharge it. If you want an exhaust, get it for the sound. Otherwise you're throwing bits of money away if the goal was performance gains.

Mike

Old 03-31-2018, 12:55 PM
steve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to beholdsteve.rinaldi is a splendid one to behold
The ECU flashes the vendors "claim" better acceleration and shifts. I dont know that I have read from anyone real reviews. I feel a bit more performance with my Fabspeed intake at higher rpm's. They claim and dyno shows around 16-18 hp gain.

Old 03-31-2018, 10:13 PM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bhvrdr
If you want power upgrades that will actually improve acceleration times you'll need to supercharge it. If you want an exhaust, get it for the sound. Otherwise you're throwing bits of money away if the goal was performance gains.

Mike
There must be hundreds of threads on this subject here and on Rennlist. The sentence in bold in the quote above sums it up. Porsche has wrung just about all that can be had from these engines and a flash here, an intake there or an after market exhaust will not give you noticeable HP gains.

Old 04-02-2018, 03:01 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by steve.rinaldi
I have a 2011 S and have a Fabspeed intake kit and otherwise stock for sound and power. Looking to add some extra hp and wondering what options others have taken and if they liked the investment. I have heard intake plenum, ECU flash. Really looking for somewhat budget steps first and go from there. Also my exhaust is too quiet. I read about the hack but dont know a shop locally that knows how to do it. I live in Phoenix.

Hi Steve,

If you're looking for power and sound, my next step would be a set of our 997.2 Sport Headers.

The factory cats are restrictive (typically 600-800cpsi) , both in terms of power and sound. We utilize premium HJS 200cpsi Sport Cats so no Check Engine Lights and +13whp/16ft-lbs along with a deeper, throatier exhaust tone. Also features high velocity 3-to-1 merge collectors for optimized flow.

https://www.fabspeed.com/porsche-997...sport-headers/

Feel free to PM me for questions or for forum pricing

Old 04-02-2018, 04:39 PM
Hi-Arc is infamous around these parts
Look at all aftermarket exhaust systems with tune. There are some good power gains available for the 997.2 s

Old 04-03-2018, 04:01 AM
jimmyz2 is infamous around these parts
Fabspeed is a awesome company with excellent customer service. That said, I am saving my pennies for a stock turbo. I s/c'd my BMW 540i (700hp), and as fun as it is, factory is better as far as re-sale is concerned. Just a personal memo.

Old 04-03-2018, 04:05 AM
jimmyz2 is infamous around these parts

540i great pic

Old 04-03-2018, 04:51 PM
bhvrdr is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Fabspeed Motorsport
Hi Steve,

If you're looking for power and sound, my next step would be a set of our 997.2 Sport Headers.

The factory cats are restrictive (typically 600-800cpsi) , both in terms of power and sound. We utilize premium HJS 200cpsi Sport Cats so no Check Engine Lights and +13whp/16ft-lbs along with a deeper, throatier exhaust tone. Also features high velocity 3-to-1 merge collectors for optimized flow.

[IMG]https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.6speedonline.com-v
I noticed you said that factory cats are "typically" 600-800cpsi. What are the factory cats on the 997.2? I only ask because many european car companies such as Audi as an example are using much better factory cat technology than 15+ years ago. Audi has been using 400cpsi cats in a bunch of their applications. And thats also spread out over a much larger area than the typical aftermarket 200cpsi cat.

Mike

Old 04-08-2018, 08:37 PM
richard181 is infamous around these parts
I can sell you a set of those Fabspeed headers for a lot less than new.
2 years old, approx 3000 miles and in perfect condition.
PM me if interested.