Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

Camo test car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 09:49 PM
mjanis is infamous around these parts
Camo test car

I am visiting my daughter in Dana Point and I spotted this camo test mule in the parking lot where we are renting.

It is a 4-door. But can't determine who the manufacturer might be. Looks a little like a Maserati or maybe a Fisker, but I am stumped and it bothers me because I try to recognize all cars.

Not often I see a mule in my neck of the woods, so it was fun to see one up close.
One potential give away is that the emblem area is round front and back and the split grill.

Ideas welcome.

Old 04-11-2018, 12:10 AM
007JB is just really nice007JB is just really nice007JB is just really nice007JB is just really nice
It looks like Fisker.

Old 04-11-2018, 08:26 AM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
It's the Karma Revero, no longer Fisker. The Karma badge and design was bought by Wanxiang.

Old 04-11-2018, 01:21 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
It's the Karma Revero, no longer Fisker. The Karma badge and design was bought by Wanxiang.
+1 Fisker is doing a different car now. Has anyone else driven one? I got to drive the first one in Seattle. Really nice interior but the thing feels twice as wide as it looks and it looks wide as it is. The car is so heavy that it feels planted but not even remotely agile. Overall, meh.

Old 04-11-2018, 02:49 PM
HabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to allHabitualOffender is a name known to all
I have the brochure [FCK is the "new" Philly dealer] and I'd have no interest in a test drive. It's a pretty car but anemic on paper.

Modes
Sustain - 0-60 - 7.3 - 95mph top speed
Stealth - 0-60 - 6.9 - 95mph top speed
Sport - 0-60 - 5.4 - 125mph top speed

At $130,000 for a hybrid that only does 50 miles on electric and "up to" 300 miles total it's got some stiff competition.

Old 04-11-2018, 05:59 PM
SheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to allSheriffDep is a name known to all
I would almost bet its a Fisker Karma ( it is a F Karma) with a wrap on it and not a manufacturer's car

Old 04-11-2018, 06:08 PM
Considering the Revero is being built in "Southern California" and this car was spotted in SOCAL, I'd bet it's a Revero

Old 04-11-2018, 09:47 PM
mjanis is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by HabitualOffender
Considering the Revero is being built in "Southern California" and this car was spotted in SOCAL, I'd bet it's a Revero
I think that HabitualOffender nailed it. The car looked like it might have had a solar roof. At first I thought it was a panoramic sunroof but more likely it was solar.

Old 04-11-2018, 09:52 PM
blue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the roughblue2000s is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by mjanis
I think that HabitualOffender nailed it. The car looked like it might have had a solar roof. At first I thought it was a panoramic sunroof but more likely it was solar.
The Fiskers has solar cell roofs.

Old 04-12-2018, 12:00 AM
mfrankel is infamous around these parts
Timeless Design

While only a handful of cars captivate years into the future (and fun to think of the ones that seemed so cool, and have aged poorly), it's a testament to Mr. Fisker how a classic design (ala original DB9 with Ian Callum, Vantage, BMW Z8) still carries a timeless beauty quality.
Even years later, the Fisker Karma design....now Karma Rivero, holds up. It'll be interesting to see how Palmer's post-Fisker designs look in 10-15 years.

That being said, his newest car design "EMotion" I'm less a fan of.

Check out: https://www.karmaautomotive.com/revero