Cayenne 958 Porsche's 958 SUV. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Front License Plate Bracket Instructions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 04:35 AM
Always Up is infamous around these partsAlways Up is infamous around these parts
Arrow Front License Plate Bracket Instructions

Hello!

I would like to install the front license plate bracket ('14 Cayenne Platinum) however, I can't seem to find the instructions for how to do so anywhere (although I did find one for the previous generations cayenne, which gave me hope one exists for the current generation's)

Also, the bracket just came with 4 plastic rivets, is there a certain kind of screw I use to attach the front plate to the plastic bracket (ie. is it a Porsche part) ? (I wouldn't want to risk using a run of the mill self tapping screw only to have it rust).

Any help to pointing me towards the instructions would be great, thank you

Old 09-28-2014, 01:17 PM
Harlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of lightHarlequin NY is a glorious beacon of light
Many people find other ways than drilling through the front bumper. I attached the license plate frame in the grille itself with tie wraps and then screwed the license plate to the frame and it looks very clean.

Old 09-28-2014, 02:14 PM
HOiYA is infamous around these parts
An alternative is to get a tow hook license plate mount. US Mill Works makes a good one.

Old 09-28-2014, 04:30 PM
Always Up is infamous around these partsAlways Up is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the tips I am aware of the alternative options and I would like to just install the factory plate (this car will never move out of California), I just need the pdf or web instructions to properly do it. How to center the "spike" on the back of the plate to the bumper cause there are no dimples or any centering aids, what size drill bit, etc.

But again, Thanks for the suggestions, maybe ill go with the ziptie route for tonight as I'm driving 8 hours back down to soCal. Nothing helps acquaint you with a car more than a long road trip

Old 09-28-2014, 07:19 PM
Needsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud ofNeedsdecaf has much to be proud of
3M double sided automotive trim tape. Much cleaner look. 100% reversible. Can position how you like. Don't use the bracket.

Old 09-28-2014, 10:05 PM
C's Bimmer is infamous around these parts
US MillWorks is the best. Get the one that has the quick release. It also doesn't throw off the PDC, which is key. I have one on my M6 GC and it's great -- so easy to pop off when I want the clean look and is very rigid and durable.

Old 09-29-2014, 03:32 PM
kechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to beholdkechang is a splendid one to behold
is it just me or whenever i see a cayenne with a front plate.... i cry a little on the inside

Old 09-30-2014, 11:24 PM
C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !C4SxM5 Is a GOD !
I've actually passed on a 911 with front plate. Just can't stand that front plate.

Old 10-01-2014, 10:00 AM
abatis is infamous around these parts
Like Needs above I use the 3M double side body tape. I have 15K on my CD and no plate issues and thankfully no drilling my pretty bumper.

Old 10-02-2014, 12:14 AM
RedBent is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kechang
is it just me or whenever i see a cayenne with a front plate.... i cry a little on the inside
I cry too...

Old 10-07-2014, 04:47 AM
I really just need the installation instructions for the oem front plate bracket, however the sadness i am seeing over installing the oem front bracket has made me conflicted on the route to go now. I am currently running no plates at all (I have 90 days of a grace period for a new vehicle) since if I just use the back plate, I WILL get ticketed by the over zealous meter maids here.

So I am currently mulling over getting a white US mill works bracket (lightened and with quick release). I parallel park alot and I have heard concerns over the adapter causing even more damage should someone in front be careless.

However, for the sake of archival and if someone else needs them in the future, if someone has the pdf instructions, they should still post them

Old 10-14-2014, 05:04 PM
TSAF NKUF is infamous around these parts
I put my german plate on by freehand. Just lined up the plate bracket. Used a smaller carpenter screw to start it and that was it.

Old 10-18-2014, 11:12 PM
Black2014GTS is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Always Up
Hello!

I would like to install the front license plate bracket ('14 Cayenne Platinum) however, I can't seem to find the instructions for how to do so anywhere (although I did find one for the previous generations cayenne, which gave me hope one exists for the current generation's)

Also, the bracket just came with 4 plastic rivets, is there a certain kind of screw I use to attach the front plate to the plastic bracket (ie. is it a Porsche part) ? (I wouldn't want to risk using a run of the mill self tapping screw only to have it rust).

Any help to pointing me towards the instructions would be great, thank you
Just installed the millworks front plate on the gts. Easy install, works great. Looks good too...would recommend it. Also got the quick release. A bit on the expensive side but better than drilling into the bumper.

Old 03-21-2023, 04:38 PM
trodder is infamous around these parts
Did you ever get instructions? I just got the bracket from Suncoast and it provides zero instruction. You would think this is a lot more intuitive than it is. Using body plugs to mount it? Not sure how we are supposed to drill for that with likely having metal or styrofoam right behind the bumper cover. Same question about that peg in the center. Is that for centering or are we supposed to cut it off?

it’s great that folks are providing alternatives, but none of those will work for my use case. I prefer have a secure plate so it cannot be easily stolen. While no option is unbeatable, being able to use a secure torx screw head is more likely to prevent s plate theft than a Phillips or flat head. Certainly more secure than just using 3m double sided that will eventually giveaway. More secure than the quick detach options such as the tow hook spot where it will damage the bumper if you forget to remove the plate prior to going into a non-touchless wash, or the Millworks one where there is a simple release pin to remove the plate at the bottom.

if anyone has simple instructions or can even take a couple pics of their 958.1front plate bracket with the plate off and maybe even one with the bracket removed so we can see what is under the bumper and how everything was done, would be immensely helpful.

Thanks in advance!

Old 03-28-2023, 11:24 PM
trodder is infamous around these parts
In case anyone sees this thread and is looking for an option. I went with https://www.slybrackets.com/store/

with the added tilt option and the 4 hole setup with black safety screws and it looks great with no drilling, all while still being secure!! No need to take the plate off if you take to a car wash with rags. It would be difficult to steal I like most no drill options. 10x easier than having to drill holes in the bumper for the factory plate holder.

Last edited by GT3 Chuck; 03-29-2023 at 10:29 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Front License Plate Bracket Instructions