Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

2010 Vantage V8 - Door refuse to open after charged battery.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2015, 08:45 PM
Corbeau is infamous around these parts
2010 Vantage V8 - Door refuse to open after charged battery.

I've got a Vantage V8 2010....and it has been a doozy of a day.

I came back from a 10 day business trip..and the battery is completely dead. Door will not open with glass key. Here is the kicker...I don't have the spare (valet key) Since the good lawyer who sold me the car had lost it.

So..I googled a bit..and figure out how to open the hood by pulling the hood release cable inside the front grill.

Then I did two things...

1. Connect a full battery S5 Bosch to the charging port in Engine bay..the trunk now be open..and some lights turn on when I press the open button on fob.

Lights are on..door won't open.

I figure maybe not enough juice..

I left the tether battery on the charging port for another 20 minutes...

still nothing.

Then I decided to crawl in from the back since the trunk opens.. Put the key in the ignition...and I get everything working..music blasting..everything except turning over.

The warning window show this code " Security mode ON..please check car "

I am guessing this is why the door doesn't open.

P.S. As soon as I connect the tether battery...the alarm came on (panic alarm) and I disable it with open door button on fob.

HELP ? door won't open ... Car won't turn.

current status is ..trick charging with smart charger.. since jump start won't do it.

Old 03-24-2024, 06:09 AM
dallasvantage is infamous around these parts
[QUOTE=Corbeau;4413699]I've got a Vantage V8 2010....and it has been a doozy of a day.

I came back from a 10 day business trip..and the battery is completely dead. Door will not open with glass key. Here is the kicker...I don't have the spare (valet key) Since the good lawyer who sold me the car had lost it.

So..I googled a bit..and figure out how to open the hood by pulling the hood release cable inside the front grill. </quote>

I have the same problem. Can you help me on where the hood release cable is inside the front grill?

Old 03-24-2024, 06:43 AM
embdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud of
Try resetting the button behind the passenger seat, or in the trunk that disconnects to protect the system when a battery is dying.

Old 05-11-2024, 05:16 AM
sweet991S
I cannot locate that button you refer to -- could you take a pic of it and post it?

Many Thanks!

Old 05-11-2024, 11:23 AM
embdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud ofembdenb has much to be proud of
The power saving button is in one of two locations
1) Behind the passenger seat. Slide the passenger seat forward and below the battery compartment, in the corner is an opening. Behind the opening is a button that you push.
2) In the trunk. Open the panel on the right side of the trunk where the fuse box is located. To the left of the fuse box is a black button with a battery icon on it.
See Pictures below.

Hope this helps.

Old 05-12-2024, 05:36 AM
sweet991S
Yes - Many Thanks to you.

Old 09-05-2024, 08:53 PM
dallasvantage is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by embdenb
The power saving button is in one of two locations
1) Behind the passenger seat. Slide the passenger seat forward and below the battery compartment, in the corner is an opening. Behind the opening is a button that you push.
2) In the trunk. Open the panel on the right side of the trunk where the fuse box is located. To the left of the fuse box is a black button with a battery icon on it.
See Pictures below.

Hope this helps.

Is the battery reset button present in all V8V? I have a 2012 left side drive convertible and checked both places and didn't find it. I also checked behind the driver's seat just in case. Any thoughts? My convertible top is open and won't close. The latches won't disengage. I'm hoping I can correct it with a new battery or the battery reset button. And, unfortunately, the manual release "cables" (which are really strings that are even substantial enough to tie my shoes) both broke when I attempted to manually open the tonneau cover.

Old 09-07-2024, 12:35 PM
J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !J doubleU Is a GOD !
2006 MY was the last of the battery connect button by the panel behind drivers seat. 2007 is automatically switched with ignition key on.